[Newcastle, UK] Nothern Brawl 2 04/12/10

on
Hosted by
  Newt
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Hey guys, Newt here bringing you the 2nd installment of nothern brawl.

Scurry if our current champion and he is looking to retain that status. With a record of 9wins 1loss he is a champion that is going to be hard to beat. We welcome all new bladers of all ages. From beginners to advanced there is fun to be had by all.

Date: Saturday 4th December 2010 ( 4/12/10)
Time: 1pm

Venue: Leazes Park (Band Stand Area) Newcastle (NE, UK).
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y65/newt2310/park.jpg
Directions from St Jamses Park metro station.
A group of us are meeting at St James park metro station at 12:30 then walking to the event if you are still unsure of the location.

Entry Fee:
Without Passport £3
Blader Passport holder Free
If you wish to purchase a passport you can do at the event for £6

Prizes: (Subject to change based on attendance.)
Beyblade for 1st and 2nd
Beypoints can be Won/Lost with your matches too Smile

Attending:
Newt [Judge]
Black_Rose [Judge]
Scurry
Jawz
Trace Kaiser
Spoonigan
Little-Dave
Tasty Gaara
DannyH

Possibles:

ginox999 + 2
Ultra
Strom_Hydra
Rockybuu

Stadiums:
Attack = Jawz
Balance = Newt

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

if i come i will bring the peagasus thunder whip for free battles
Hmm, gonna be slightly chilly outside haha. This snow doesn't show much sign of going away yet!
Yknow, for future reference, we could always ask to use the basement of Travelling Man. I know they've used the basement for some stuff before, so always worth asking!
(Dec. 01, 2010  7:35 PM)TraceKaiser Wrote: Hmm, gonna be slightly chilly outside haha. This snow doesn't show much sign of going away yet!
Yknow, for future reference, we could always ask to use the basement of Travelling Man. I know they've used the basement for some stuff before, so always worth asking!

As far as I know they only hold Magic tournaments in the basement these days, they used to have game nights on Tuesdays but i'm not sure if they still happen since I havn't been there since they stopped letting people play yugioh without explanation.
(Nov. 30, 2010  9:10 PM)Gingka disciple Wrote: if i come i will bring the peagasus thunder whip for free battles
Nice one Smile

(Dec. 01, 2010  7:35 PM)TraceKaiser Wrote: Hmm, gonna be slightly chilly outside haha. This snow doesn't show much sign of going away yet!
To be honest I think the best thing to do at the moment would be to meet up at SJP metro station. From there we can decide where we want to hold the touernament. Prefrably somewhere more sheltred but also free.
Hi guys im coming in the tournament with think 2 of my friends cya in the tournament
(Dec. 02, 2010  11:43 AM)Black_Rose Wrote:

As far as I know they only hold Magic tournaments in the basement these days, they used to have game nights on Tuesdays but i'm not sure if they still happen since I havn't been there since they stopped letting people play yugioh without explanation.

Yeah, but everyone knows only twats play Yugioh!
;D

Meeting up and then reviewing the situation sounds a good idea
Can we meet inside the station? Haha Tongue_out
(Dec. 03, 2010  2:12 AM)TraceKaiser Wrote:
(Dec. 02, 2010  11:43 AM)Black_Rose Wrote:

Yeah, but everyone knows only twats play Yugioh!
;D

Meeting up and then reviewing the situation sounds a good idea
Can we meet inside the station? Haha Tongue_out

OOOOOOOOOH harsh words and words you shouldn't repeat at the touney (lots of them still play yu gi oh)

Also how about we make a massive igloo in the park and blade inside the igloo?
Sadly pretty much no chance I'm gonna be able to go, no surprises that it's down to the weather Uncertain
I'll do whatever I can to get down but with the snow/ice don't count on me being there.
I guess I'll just end up seeing you at the next event when the weathers cleared up
Hopefully most people will understand the ";D" signifies I'm kidding haha
Hopefully should get there on time tomorrow, but with this metro carp I can't really say for sure Unhappy
A few inches of snow never hurt anybody just the artic tempratures that come with it . . . depending on much snow is in the park I think we should think of an alternate location prefrably indoors, prehaps the library would be a better option but we will have to wait till tomorow and fid out.
Practice for tournament = can it beat Rock Leone?
Haha
Unfortunately we may have bigger problems then rock leon I made one of the players aware of lower track stamina customes so unless somebody is using earth eagle 230WD it might not be as easy as last time to win. Besides all we need to beat rock leon is pegasus 145RF which isn't to hard to find.
(Dec. 04, 2010  12:46 AM)Black_Rose Wrote: Unfortunately we may have bigger problems then rock leon I made one of the players aware of lower track stamina customes so unless somebody is using earth eagle 230WD it might not be as easy as last time to win. Besides all we need to beat rock leon is pegasus 145RF which isn't to hard to find.

I think im the only person that can make that combo. Its gonna be a long day if jawz cant make it with the attack stadium trust me.
Today is going to be a long day now I can just tell and I'm starting to question how many people will be showing up for it especially with the weather being as it is. I swear the first defense vs defense or stamina vs stamina match I see somebody it getting their head torn off.
The balance stadium is terrible for attack
I'm just really hoping that I can get there on time. Dunno the deal with the metros at the moment, so.. Uncertain
I'll still try and get there of course, but I can't guarantee it'll be on time!
I'm in Newcastle ATM and the trains arnt that bad actually, I checked the times and there is only 5 minute delay on most of the trains.
BLOODY SNOW!!!! That's all for now Angry
Once we got to the library it was alright though Grin
Long story short tournament was a bust but to make it a long story I’ll add in a few paragraphs while I’m at it.

I wake up at half eight to an over heated room and my blanket on the floor so after ten minutes I decide to pull my self out of bed before anybody else decides to occupy the bathroom. I grab a razor and shaving gel then I head into the bathroom for a quick shave then it was down to breakfast. I drop my bowl in the sink pick up my bag and say my goodbyes only to step outside to the Antarctic waste that had become the UK. I make it to the metro station with a couple minutes to spare and the same ticket machine was broken as last time so it just shows the travel company prefer to spend money on new office buildings rather the invest in the actual train stations themselves.

The ride itself took much longer then normal probably because of the weather or time just felt like it was dragging to me and when I get to my stop nexus once again proved it’s failings when it comes to a company investing in it’s facilities because the same escalator has been broke for a better part of three weeks now so everybody piles onto the only up going escalator left. I make my way onto the high street and begin my search for some more idea for Christmas presents and also wondering should I bother getting that new be blade I needed for the tournament but I didn’t bother.

I cut through the shopping centre and made my way to the card shop to talk with the yu-gi-oh folk who were demanding my presence at Sundays tournament to which I said yes though I forgot that my phone bill had to be paid the next day. I hang around for a while but then I head of to St James park to meet everybody thinking they would arrive early because of the weather but I was wrong. So after a while I call newt to find out he was in fenwick buying the prizes and would be arriving shortly with the others and they show up soon after. But of course Sam had to be Sam and almost broke his arm walking down the flight of stairs that was caked with ice.

As we were about to leave for the park Kaiser shows up and we begin to question if we were the only people that would be playing but non the less we leave for the park. We decide to take the direct path to the band stand only to find the snow was well above six inches in some parts so we wade our way through as I give newts cousin a piggy back through the snow only to find the band stand was littered with glass, ice and a tramps blanket. Newt set up balance stadium but eventually we gave up because of the conditions and found a burger king to warm ourselves up and fill our stomachs afterwards we head to the library as we promised to a couple friends we seen.

Newt drops the balance stadium on the floor and we have a couple test matches inside and surprisingly enough nobody inside found it annoying and staff didn’t care either but eventually we packed up and everybody went home.
So not a tournament then :")

Black_Rose Wrote: and a tramps blanket

I love you Black_Rose
FFS i keep missing this omg im so sorry guyss... the bus is always late and i couldnt get there on time Unhappy Crying
Shame it didn't work out but with the weather it's not much of a surprise people outside of Newcastle couldn't get there.. I'll be up for the next one for sure anyway when the snow isn't as bad.