Newcastle Bladers Unite?

Is there anybody even remotely closer than Sydney?
I'm occasionally in Newcastle. The city has gotten a lot more accomodating recently but killing the train line makes it super annoying to travel from Sydney. Why would anyone in their right mind want to terminate at Hamilton?! Still, that weird park between the art gallery and civic square would make a great tournament space.

The Sydney scene itself has attempted revival a few times these past two years but my feeling is that the lack of older players basically kills any true "direction" in NSW generally.

How set up are you there? Stadiums, beys, etc?
I haven't got anything yet, don't want to waste my money if nobody else is actually doing anything here.
It's tricky. My impression is that these kinds of niche gaming communities are generally led by just a few select individuals - usually just one dedicated person, actually. I don't think there is anybody like that in the Sydney/Necastle region.

You may find it is up to you to get other people interested.
If you cam to Birmingham I would host with my friend avenger!?
(Mar. 06, 2016  10:30 AM)SoSteve Wrote: If you cam to Birmingham I would host with my friend avenger!?

This is Newcastle Australia not UK...
(Mar. 06, 2016  10:40 AM)Ultra Wrote:
(Mar. 06, 2016  10:30 AM)SoSteve Wrote: If you cam to Birmingham I would host with my friend avenger!?

Oh lol!

(Mar. 06, 2016  10:40 AM)Ultra Wrote:

Would you like to come to Birmingham then?
Sorry but that's not feasible.
Sometimes good games gosford runs comps on a saturday
Good to hear. The train from Newcastle and from Sydney to there is fairly painless. I have never driven there though. I didn't realise there was a Good Games in Gosford until you said so. Seems like an ideal meeting point for a number of communities, assuming people are willing to travel for... What... An hour each way?
Yeah basically an hour or so each way which makes it good for everyone.
P.S. do you have any zero-g/ shogun steal beys
I do not. I always saw ZG as a step down from 4D in terms of the direction Beyblade was heading. I wanted to see TT release evolutions of the gimmicks in 4D, so as to fully realise their true potential (Jade Jupiter, I'm looking at you!) and actually make those designs useful. As it turned out, they abandoned the design principles of 4D before they really had a chance. So I personally skipped ZG. I think it is safe to say that a lot of people in Australia also skipped ZG because it never made it to stores here - so it never had the critical mass to be popular.

That said, it's not hard to find ZG beys for sale online. So there's nothing stopping anyone from getting involved with that series.
If anyone wants to. Come to gosford this saturday at about 12 to at least get an idea of who is interested.

If anyone wants to. Come to gosford this saturday at about 12 to at least get an idea of who is interested. Message me if you are interested
Has anyone here used the burst system. And is it any good
I'm In Warnervale? (Currently doing my HSC, so not sure what to do about that,)
Also, I kind of stopped getting blades after Metal Fusion, so don't know if I'm even relevant
Hey well I'm from Wadalba. At first i didn't like metal fusion too but eventually just accepted it was a thing. Do you have any beyblades still?
Yeah, I got a couple, but they're originalish ones like
L Drago
Leone (The Original One)
Storm Pegasus
Cyber Pegasus
Galaxy Pegasus
Flame Saggitario (The one from metal fusion)
(Jul. 03, 2019  12:51 PM)Bluthound_Au Wrote: I wor like to join

Awesome hit me up sometime and I'll organise a comp