New to Beyblade--where to start?

Hey all,

I'm brand new to Beyblade, and I'm looking for some pointers as to where to start.

It seems like importing is the way to go due to most preferring TT over Hasbro stuff. While I'm willing to do that at some point, I was hoping to be able to jump in by starting with Hasbro stuff (I like being able to go to my local toy store and buy stuff tangibly).

1. So, with that in mind, of the Hasbro stuff, what's considered to be decent? Or should I just wait until Evolution releases? On that note, is there a hard launch date for Evolution--I can't seem to find anything on it.
  2. Because I am open to importing, what are some of the top Beys to import? Money's not an issue, so no need to consider budgetary limitations.
  3. How important is customization/the building aspect of Beyblade? When I first started looking into things, I just assumed you bought a Blade and that was that. It seems, however, that mixing and matching parts is a big aspect of the scene, though. So I'm curious to know just how big a part that side of things plays in competitions.
  4. Do I need to look up technique videos? Which stadiums are considered best, and which should I absolutely steer clear of?
  5. Are there techniques I should know? I haven't even done a search on that subject, so maybe "technique" isn't actually a thing. If it's not, forgive my noobness.
  6. I've started watching Burst, but is there any additional media I should go out of my way to pick up?
Phew, that's a lot of questions. That'll do for now.

Thanks, everyone!
buy epic rivals battle set roktavor and nepstrius dual pack and the master kit then wait for evolution

(Oct. 23, 2017  7:59 PM)bidinga Wrote: buy epic rivals battle set roktavor and nepstrius dual pack and the master kit then wait for evolution

if u want hasbro stuff if u want tt stuff get 3on3 set maximum garuda,tornado wyvern,and legend spriggan
(Oct. 23, 2017  7:59 PM)bidinga Wrote: buy epic rivals battle set roktavor and nepstrius dual pack and the master kit then wait for evolution

if u want hasbro stuff if u want tt stuff get 3on3 set maximum garuda,tornado wyvern,and legend spriggan

Right on! Thanks for the pointers. I'll begin looking into those.
(Oct. 23, 2017  8:04 PM)Vis Grimoire V Wrote:

Right on! Thanks for the pointers. I'll begin looking into those.

also evolution for canada is holiday 2017 and us jan/feb 2018
Also, welcome to Beyblade, hope you have fun!
Wait, if you're going for TT, try these:
3on3 Battle Booster, God Customization set (Hasn't come out yet), Legend Spriggan, Alter Chronos, Drain Fafnir, B-10 Standard Type Stadium, if you've still got money left over, try your hand at a couple Random Booster Vol.6 and 7