New to Beyblade

Hello all! My son and I are late to the game and just got into Beyblade this weekend, and we’ve had a blast playing! I was hoping to get som tips and suggestions on what to be doing as a beginner. What’s the difference between the type of beys, can only certain one battle each other legally, and so on. Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
Each type has its own special abilities, and when you customize, its better to use he same type parts on each other. You can tell the type by the contact points and the shape of the tip

If you want good ideas for combos you can check out the build me a combo thread

There’s also different types of tournaments burst burst limited burst classic zero g metal fusion metal fusion limited each of them have their own special rules
Thanks for the info! We both just have one bey right now. His is a burst turbo and mine a burst turbo slingshot (i think). Any recommendations on what to get from there?
(Feb. 02, 2020  10:57 PM)Miketitansfan Wrote: Thanks for the info! We both just have one bey right now. His is a burst turbo and mine a burst turbo slingshot (i think). Any recommendations on what to get from there?

I recommend using this as a guide. There are also 2 official brands, Hasbro and Takara tomy. You have hasbro beys.
I recommend getting BEYBLADE a from the company Takara Tomy which is more expensive and can only be found online/ in Japan. Even though they’re more expensive they usually have better performance then hasbro/ America beyblades

I recommend going to amazon and getting the BEYBLADE burst gt Takara Tomy Customize Remodeling set

The exact name is “ Takara Tomy Beyblade Burst GT B-153 Customize Remodeling Set”

For now until you get used to making combos and stuff use with Prime Apocalypse ( The black beyblade in the set) or Regalia Genisis (the white Beyblade in the set) considering the original combo itself is one of the strongest Beyblades out there

It might look too expensive but it’s actually a 4 in 1 which is a very good deal
Moving this to the "Introduce Yourself" subforum.
(Feb. 02, 2020  10:49 PM)Nik P. Wrote: Each type has its own special abilities, and when you customize, its better to use he same type parts on each other. You can tell the type by the contact points and the shape of the tip

There’s also different types of tournaments burst burst limited burst classic zero g metal fusion metal fusion limited each of them have their own special rules

(Feb. 02, 2020  11:01 PM)Nik P. Wrote: I recommend getting BEYBLADE a from the company Takara Tomy which is more expensive and can only be found online/ in Japan. Even though they’re more expensive they usually have better performance then hasbro/ America beyblades

I recommend going to amazon and getting the BEYBLADE burst gt Takara Tomy Customize Remodeling set

The exact name is “ Takara Tomy Beyblade Burst GT B-153 Customize Remodeling Set”

For now until you get used to making combos and stuff use with Prime Apocalypse ( The black beyblade in the set) or Regalia Genisis (the white Beyblade in the set) considering the original combo itself is one of the strongest Beyblades out there

It might look too expensive but it’s actually a 4 in 1 which is a very good deal

Thanks for all this info! My son is only 6, so for now I will keep with the Hasbro ones until he decides if he really likes it or it’s just a quick fad for him!
(Feb. 03, 2020  12:15 AM)Miketitansfan Wrote:
(Feb. 02, 2020  10:49 PM)Nik P. Wrote: Each type has its own special abilities, and when you customize, its better to use he same type parts on each other. You can tell the type by the contact points and the shape of the tip

(Feb. 02, 2020  11:01 PM)Nik P. Wrote: I recommend getting BEYBLADE a from the company Takara Tomy which is more expensive and can only be found online/ in Japan. Even though they’re more expensive they usually have better performance then hasbro/ America beyblades

Thanks for all this info! My son is only 6, so for now I will keep with the Hasbro ones until he decides if he really likes it or it’s just a quick fad for him!

If he really likes it than there’s this thing called 3d printed beyblades, u and your son can design your own, some good suggestions for 3d beyblade designers are Dacatman, Xandork if he still is here, or Crazy Aries, I recommend Dacatman but it’s your decision