[New York, New York] 4/28/12 - Bey Spirit Showdown

on
Hosted by
  Sniper
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

If you can bring a BB-10 PM me!

Hey Bladers! Its time to bring your true blader spirits and battle it out for the spot of #1!

Date:April 28,2012
Venue: Central Park South in Heckscher Playground
Directions:
To get to Central Park south, you can take the R, N or Q train and get off at Fifth avenue and 59th street. Also, you can take the ABCD1 trains to 59th st. Columbus Circle

[Image: fef1xh.jpg]
[Image: 2vjy90g.jpg]

Times:
* Head to Heckscher Playground to set up along with practice and free play at 12:00pm. Registration will take place at this time.
* Official tournament starts at around 12:30 - 1 PM

Like all official WBO tournaments, there will be a $5 entrance fee if you don't have a Blader's Passport. You can buy one at the tournament for $10. As you know it allows you to enter any tournament for the next year without paying the fee, as well as giving you the chance to participate in whatever contests or giveaways the WBO may offer.

Prizes include:
BBG-1 Samurai Ifraid
BBG-2 Shinobi Saramanda
BBG-5 Light Launcher

Blader List:
Sniperâ„¢
Cosmic
BladeStriker99
TheDivineBladeR
Andrewislegit
Joseph317
InTrance317
Sparkman321lir
TooManyPegasis
ZERO X
Striker X
FZ
Royalkingdom510
bladerx27
TooManyPegasis
Shadow X 9365
N3AR
Fakaradin1
ZackOrang1
ZenXeno
Aj740
CrimsonBlader13
Ethan H
Cloud45
Bakushin White
Trevon495
PhantomOrion100
Hellcrown1000
yassin487
bigbangpegasis7
Sircancer28
je497
nintendogamer
DarkWarrior619
VandelMarchen
Reezy12
TeamBasalt
justinu1100
laidbackblader
pyrusoverlord
Mordetx
gravityzaki
littlekev0

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Can somebody name the top 5 for the compitition please?
thanks
Did everything go well, hah ?
For those who purchased a passport PM me PLEASE!
Wow. I got home late and no one posted anything? lol

Well anyway it was awesome. about 34 people showed up and about 4-5 came late. like i said earlier, im sorry you guys couldn't enter. but i hope to see you early at the next one Joyful_3

and now for the part eveyones waiting for
1st. LaidBackBlaider
2nd. KyouyaTategami2
3rd. PyrusOverlord
4th. Sniperâ„¢
and the awesome guy with an honerable mention TooManyPegasis!

Thanks everyone for coming and i hope to see you guys again. Joyful_3
LaidBackBlader? Lol wut
you rock sniper
(Apr. 29, 2012  1:43 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Did everything go well, hah ?

Everything was smooth as butter til my tablet died in like the semi-finals Tired In which i lost the list of people who purchased passports/one-timers. Also i had to write down the rest of the tournament.

(Apr. 29, 2012  2:29 AM)KyouyaTategami2 Wrote: you rock sniper
Hah thanks hope to see you next time!
At least, semi-finals and finals are not numerous and they are still fresh in some people's mind, so you could always get that data back if you missed it. Is the rest of the tournament results fine though ?
(Apr. 29, 2012  2:48 AM)Kai-V Wrote: At least, semi-finals and finals are not numerous and they are still fresh in some people's mind, so you could always get that data back if you missed it. Is the rest of the tournament results fine though ?
Yeah everything is good i have that on the Challonge website. but everything after that i wrote down.

do you know what place I came in
I really hope that the following Bladers all renewed their Blader Passports, because at the moment of the tournament, they were all expired :

Ethan H
hydreigon (Will buy a new Blader Passport at the next New York event)
littlekev0
bladestriker99
zackorang1
shadow x 9365

If you six participated in this event without paying, we have a problem.
To be fair, problems like this have never happened when Deikailo hosted tournaments.
(May. 01, 2012  12:20 PM)Pimpju Wrote: To be fair, problems like this have never happened when Deikailo hosted tournaments.

Problems like what ? There is barely anything worth getting up in the current situation here. Also, if it is something to do with the results, then let me tell you that Deikailo has sent two sets of results, one which was horribly holed and could not be processed at all, and another one which was so disorganised it was worth vomitting over.
which events in particular, usually they went well, no?
There was one in/next to a Toys "R" Us, and the other one was part of the Summer Spin Showdown, where she decided to manage the results even though Cye Kinomiya was the host.

Why are we even discussing this anyway ? Deikailo's history of tournaments used to be really good, but it did decline in the last few she held. This April 28th tournament seems to have gone really well for Sniperâ„¢ too, so I am not certain what there is even to discuss here. We would be beating an unborn horse if we continued talking about ... whatever this is meant to be about.
We aren't going to rehash this over and over. It isn't productive, informative or even relavent to this thread.
I remember Deikailo telling me how she gave a notebook to Arupaeo with results to the TRU event, but he told her they weren't in it? So you did get it? She felt badly that she "lost" the results for Sniper's win. She took it rather hard since that's the first time a tournament of hers wouldn't be process for something that she saw as her fault, but you're saying you did get them? Wouldn't it have been fair of you to tell her you've received them and ask for help deciphering the results? I'm sure Sniper would have appreciated it as well.

I know she can be a bit headstrong, but it's ultimately a host's decision to play in the rain and choose a venue. I'm assuming the rain would have caused complications at an event, which is why Deikailo has advocated for indoor venues. I'm sure if there had been proper shelter, the event would have gone more smoothly, no? I don't think it's fair to place all the blame on her and the reference of vomiting might be a bit extreme, don't you think?
(May. 01, 2012  1:10 PM)Pimpju Wrote: I remember Deikailo telling me how she gave a notebook to Arupaeo with results to the TRU event, but he told her they weren't in it? So you did get it? She felt badly that she "lost" the results for Sniper's win. She took it rather hard since that's the first time a tournament of hers wouldn't be process for something that she saw as her fault, but you're saying you did get them? Wouldn't it have been fair of you to tell her you've received them and ask for help deciphering the results? I'm sure Sniper would have appreciated it as well.

I know she can be a bit headstrong, but it's ultimately a host's decision to play in the rain and choose a venue. I'm assuming the rain would have caused complications at an event, which is why Deikailo has advocated for indoor venues. I'm sure if there had been proper shelter, the event would have gone more smoothly, no? I don't think it's fair to place all the blame on her and the reference of vomiting might be a bit extreme, don't you think?

She did not write, or lost, three quarters of the results for that Toys "R" Us tournament, yes. I have spoken with Sniper on several occasions, and he knows that there is nothing we could have done with what we received. Deikailo also had nothing more to give us.

Pimpju, you are coming out of nowhere from a months-long hibernation, possibly having just found out that Deikailo was banned, but you do not know anything about this tournament, about the Toys "R" event, and about a lot of things related to her. This is really off-topic, so if you want to keep talking about it, send me a private message, but it is clear to me that you do not really know what you are talking about. If you want more details, you should have just asked me instead of crashing into this thread and revived something completely unnecessary.
(May. 01, 2012  1:17 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(May. 01, 2012  1:10 PM)Pimpju Wrote: I remember Deikailo telling me how she gave a notebook to Arupaeo with results to the TRU event, but he told her they weren't in it? So you did get it? She felt badly that she "lost" the results for Sniper's win. She took it rather hard since that's the first time a tournament of hers wouldn't be process for something that she saw as her fault, but you're saying you did get them? Wouldn't it have been fair of you to tell her you've received them and ask for help deciphering the results? I'm sure Sniper would have appreciated it as well.

She did not write, or lost, three quarters of the results for that Toys "R" Us tournament, yes. I have spoken with Sniper on several occasions, and he knows that there is nothing we could have done with what we received. Deikailo also had nothing more to give us.

Pimpju, you are coming out of nowhere from a months-long hibernation, possibly having just found out that Deikailo was banned, but you do not know anything about this tournament, about the Toys "R" event, and about a lot of things related to her. This is really off-topic, so if you want to keep talking about it, send me a private message, but it is clear to me that you do not really know what you are talking about. If you want more details, you should have just asked me instead of crashing into this thread and revived something completely unnecessary.
Enough already. This discussion should be strictly about THIS tournament. Which, by the way, congratulations to all! I would be more than happy to give my opinions, from a much older blader, in regards to THIS TOURNAMENT. Now unfortunately, j317 and I arrived too late to play but I had a good chance to observe: considering to FANTASTIC turnout, Sniper did a great job. In this age of technology, EVERY tournament should have a second person in charge of hand writing results as a back-up. I believe Sniper had a lot on his plate and many little things might have made it a little crazy. I did see some inconsistencies in the judging of matches (Kia-V, PM me if you want on this) but there was ABSOLUTELY NOTHING that went horribly wrong to suggest ANYONE could have done a better job than Sniper considering what he was given.
Lastly, please remember to get my son, joseph317 his DJ face for being a judge. Thanks again.

Definitely. I have not gotten the results yet (in which, hopefully, Sniper will have written who the judges were, as usual), but he used Challonge, and then a final can hardly be messed up, so everything seemed really great. I have no idea where all of this comes from.
(May. 02, 2012  12:50 AM)bladestriker99 Wrote: Dude i bought one

Yes, I will check your username from the list, no problem.
hi i am going to the next tournament in hesker park 5/12/12 can i pay there the extra fee as well as the regualar fee?

sorry i forgot when my passport expired
Absolutely, no problem. Technically, we would allow you to just buy another Blader Passport with that five + five, hah. You would have been able to pay ten dollars at the Bey Spirit Showdown had you known, right ? Or would you have simply given the five-dollar entry fee ?