New Super Mario Bros 2

New Super Mario Bros 2 is coming out August 19th for 3DS. Anyone excited?
Not me.

It looks exactly like its predecessor. C'mon, Nintendo, is it really that hard to do something different?
(Aug. 02, 2012  4:01 PM)Dude Wrote: C'mon, Nintendo, is it really that hard to do something different?

Apparently.
I'm not really excited for the same reason. They need to change it up a bit. :\
(Aug. 02, 2012  4:05 PM)ChinaBladeâ„¢ Wrote:
(Aug. 02, 2012  4:01 PM)Dude Wrote: C'mon, Nintendo, is it really that hard to do something different?

Apparently.
I'm not really excited for the same reason. They need to change it up a bit. :\
Yeah its not that different so its kind of a waste of money

I wish they could create some new worlds or a different villain
(Aug. 02, 2012  4:07 PM)Thunder Dome Wrote: I wish they could create some new worlds or a different villan
If they did, a lot of people would buy it including me.

I wish they put more pom eon characters and for you can actually play as shadow from sonic. and why not for Wii more people have Wii Smile
(Aug. 02, 2012  4:23 PM)Cosmic Wrote: I wish they put more pom eon characters and for you can actually play as shadow from sonic. and why not for Wii more people have Wii Smile
We should just send these ideas to the people who make Super Mario
They might take our ideas into recognition.
I'm excited for either this one and New Super Mario Bros U. I'm hoping that there'll be a 3DS XL bundle with this game, because if the rumors about GameStop having a special 3DS -> 3DS XL upgrade/trade in, then I'm definitely going that route. If not, then I'll only be getting New Super Mario Bros U.

Honestly, I really don't understand the criticism about the series. There is in fact significant differences with it's predecessors, and by the way who cares, I just want it to be fun. It's also the exact opposite of a waste of money. Incredible profits are made from big, cheaper to make franchises like Mario. Especially since the 3DS is completely dominating the Vita. If Japan's first day sales are any indication, people enjoy Mario; it's just a plain and simple fun game.

Anyways, so far I've heard great things. One of the most interesting things that I've heard is about the difficulty. It's not a "game over go to the start" difficulty, but the coin collecting really adds on another element to pay attention to while still trying to kick some enemies butts!
I'm interested that you can turn your enemies gold
I'm not. I wanna buy a 3DSXL though.
I'd be interested if it didn't look like it reuses assets from the Wii game, and actually offered a new visual style. The whole 2.5D look these games have is gross in 2012. I'm insanely disappointed that Nintendo cheapened out and didn't make a nice sprite based 2D game for Wii U either. But I guess their logic is that it would sell 20 million copies no matter what.
(Aug. 02, 2012  4:07 PM)Thunder Dome Wrote: a different villain

Absolutely true.

Actually, most of the Mario games that strike me as actually good have a different villain than Bowser. Like how Paper Mario 2 had Lord Grodus and the Shadow Queen or Super Mario RPG that had Smithy or Mario and Luigi: SuperStar Saga that had Cackletta. True, those are all RPGs, but I don't see how it'd be harder to find cool, badass new villains for the plaformers Marios. I mean... Is it ALWAYS going to be Bowser and his kids? Really?! Uncertain
i prefer mario party 9 as that has a lot of bosses even though the main one is bowser, it has actual games fighhting against each other and the bosses

Mario Party 9 had the most unthreathening, easy, stereotypical and stupidly executed bosses in the history of Mario Games.

But hey, whatever floats your boat, pal.
Sounds like fun. But if it's the same but in 3d. Ill never like it.
Well it says their are new enemies and new levels.
(Aug. 03, 2012  7:07 AM)To Wrote: I'd be interested if it didn't look like it reuses assets from the Wii game, and actually offered a new visual style. The whole 2.5D look these games have is gross in 2012. I'm insanely disappointed that Nintendo cheapened out and didn't make a nice sprite based 2D game for Wii U either. But I guess their logic is that it would sell 20 million copies no matter what.

The background on the Wii U version is much nicer with multiple layers that move independently from each other, but I do agree that more could still be done with it. Sonic Generations did a great job with the 2D levels, and while the styles of the two games' backgrounds don't really match, it'd be really nice if Nintendo did something similar.
Reviews agree that the formula is getting stale. They're all pretty much "This is a 2D Mario game". Seems the game is really short though, so I'm not sure if it's worth a purchase unless you can get it on sale. But a sale on a Mario game is pretty unlikely...
Who cares if the game is 2D? (3D on 3DS gives me a terrible migraine). Also, did you see the ad with the video of the gameplay? Gold Mario can make so many gold coins appear like its nothing! I see 1-up's galore in it's future!
(Aug. 02, 2012  4:09 PM)Beychamp76 Wrote:
(Aug. 02, 2012  4:07 PM)Thunder Dome Wrote: I wish they could create some new worlds or a different villan
If they did, a lot of people would buy it including me.
Me too dude! They could at least make Bowser into a new form! lol Tongue_out .
And also, who wants chuggaconroy to do a lets-play on this game? He is hilarious lol! I remember one quote he had for Regirock when he accidently defeated Regirock and it was, "What?! How could a hunk of rock fly away?!" lol thats funny! Tongue_out

The hardest thing to do in that game would be to run out of lives because of all the coins. Stupid