New Shooting Technique or Gattyaki?

Gee, I just realized I never read anything about Gattyaki. When I realized it, I went and read the article on the Beywiki. I was always told my shooting technique WAS Gattyaki, but I guess it wasn't...

S'pose I should explain my technique. At the beginning, I launch at the SAME time as my opponent and with a forward motion, and hit them in mid-air so that get KO'd before they hit the stadium.

When I read the article, realized the concept of Gattyaki as written was significantly different. You're supposed to shoot at a later time to land on top of them. I'm going to assume the article means hitting them when nearing the stadium, if not in it.

The two differ in that my style of shot actually uses a lateral force to KO the opponent, not a vertical/downward hit. I also don't use compacts for this kind of shot because, by tradition, they have less surface area because of their small size. I use larger Beyblades to gain surface area and weight.

There's quite the difference after thinking about it. Would this be considered a new type of shot, or would it still be considered Gattyaki? If it is a new shot, should I write an article for it?

I'm not certain where this goes. I wasn't sure if I should put this in the Beywiki, but I felt it would be better suited in the Beyblade General. If it needs to be moved, I apologize for posting incorrectly.
It's just gattyaki with different timing and it's fairly common. I think the article could be amended to mention this, but it's certainly not a "new technique".
That's what I thought, but I wasn't sure. Thanks for answering.
That being said, I am curious as to how you do this with much effectiveness.
(Apr. 22, 2009  8:21 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: That being said, I am curious as to how you do this with much effectiveness.
What do you mean?
Deikailo managed to beat me with this technique numerous times in practice.

Also I believe that this technique is most effective when it allows the opposing Beyblade to land on top of it.
Gattyaki is difficult enough to do immediately after the opponent shoots because at least you have some idea where the opponent will land. How do you aim it effectively doing it so early?
(Apr. 22, 2009  8:28 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Gattyaki is difficult enough to do immediately after the opponent shoots because at least you have some idea where the opponent will land. How do you aim it effectively doing it so early?
I don't like thinking about where it's going to land because it'll start to move on contact. At the launch of a Beyblade, it moves in one primary direction: down. For me, it's much easier to assume that it's not going to move very far as it's going down so I just launch it forward and...well, hit it while it's falling.

It's also a much more effective KO in my eyes if you have a heavier Beyblade because the forward motion plus the heavy weight will cause it to exit the stadium. The chance of anything remaining in the stadium after a hit like that is very slim from my experience. By landing on top of it, it may KO it, however, the stadium may actually give it some support to stabilize it from going out of the stadium.

I used to do this in Hasbro stadiums so the traditional Gattyaki would have proven not as effective because of the high walls. Pinching_eyes_2

I'm sure my choice of words is a bit poor. It IS 3:30am.
My brother uses this on me as well, but I'm my launches are pretty predictable. He just aims where he thinks I'm launching (since I don't push the launcher forward when I launch, my beyblade goes almost straight down). This is why my points are still lower even though I know alot more about beyblade than him. Tired
But, we should edit the article to have this in it.
(Apr. 22, 2009  8:51 PM)Pichuscute Wrote: My brother uses this on me as well, but I'm my launches are pretty predictable. He just aims where he thinks I'm launching (since I don't push the launcher forward when I launch, my beyblade goes almost straight down). This is why my points are still lower even though I know alot more about beyblade than him. Tired

You may know more, but clearly he's more skilled if you just shoot in the same place all the time.
I don't. I just launch almost straight down. XD But you are right, he is more skilled than me. Grin
Isn't that the same thing? I guess it's okay for defense blades but.........Confused

You could do this in the GC game. They didn't give it a name though. :3
This seems like a pretty nasty technique.... And defeats the enjoyment of the entire battle, no?
(Apr. 26, 2009  9:27 AM)Minion Wrote: This seems like a pretty nasty technique.... And defeats the enjoyment of the entire battle, no?

If she wins, that's what's important.
(Apr. 26, 2009  9:28 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Apr. 26, 2009  9:27 AM)Minion Wrote: This seems like a pretty nasty technique.... And defeats the enjoyment of the entire battle, no?

If she wins, that's what's important.

its about the enjoyment and the heart you put into the battle which is equivalent to your beyblading spirit =)
Errr, why did you bring this old thread back? o-o
ahhh sorry i was browsing!!! Pinching_eyes_2
please look at the date of the last post before necrobumping a thread thats a year old
(Sep. 01, 2010  4:32 AM)Moss Wrote: please look at the date of the last post before necrobumping a thread thats a year old

yes mister =D new to wbbo
When I do Gattyaki, what I tend to do is instead of just plain time the launch to land on the opposing beyblade, what i do is kind of lift and sort of toss the beyblade so it arcs to the center when i launch it. I find that it can generate ALOT of fast KOs, and it has a tendency that when it doesn't KO immediately, it tends to go into the flower pattern attributed to the Sliding Shot. Anyway, you may want to try it out, I think it is kinda cool and has potential.
If the other blade doesn't touch the stadium but gets KOed, doesn't that mean it's a misslaunch?
For the beyblade to be properly KOed, wouldn't it have to touch the Stadium First?
Kool-kid, isn't right place to ask this.
http://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Questions-and-Comments

For the love of god, a moderator just close this thread.
(Sep. 01, 2010  4:25 AM)SaveThisHero Wrote: ahhh sorry i was browsing!!! Pinching_eyes_2

Haha no problem, as long as you know now Smile
(Sep. 01, 2010  4:51 PM)Pockyx3 Wrote: Kool-kid, isn't right place to ask this.
http://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Questions-and-Comments

For the love of god, a moderator just close this thread.

My question refers to this technique. he says, when he uses this technique, it hits the other beyblade out of the stadium before it even touches the stadium floor. Thats why i asked :l