New MFB Duotron launcher concept.

Ok, first and foremost I thought up this concept when reading through the Beyblade general ask a question thread. There was a mention about the possible room for error in the current testing setup. I think with the new concept I'm about to suggest that this problem will become a very moot point. Pictures will come soon, in the middle of a move right now so I can't take any.

To begin this concept is meant solely to be worked with BEYLAUNCHERS. What this concept is is a connector shell meant to connect two Beylaunchers end to end although lights could be used too just not so well. Of course I'd also suggest that Suspensions be used on the launchers. The way it would work is that by holding the two beylauncher handles as you have them connected to the Duo-Grip that you pull both strings as far as possible in unison over the stadium and let them retract as normal. This should lead to a consistent and direct launch of both beys.

I am open to opinions while I perfect the design and also this concept is for testing purposes only. I may add an adjustable mid joint to take sliding shots into account. Also please ask questions and criticize the carp out of the idea too, this is something I may someday create for real and send to people testing beys for the wiki. Again this would be for testing purposes only! Not Tourney play. I hope to hear from everyone on this soon, especially testers. Please don't wait for the actual blueprints dive right in and tell me what you think.
Sounds good can't wait for the blueprints.
I hope Takara does actually do one of these for MFB since they did ones for plastics and hms.
Yeah, although the problem with the old ones is they only used the one winder for two blades making one shoot sooner and weaker than the other one. My design will take that risk out of the equation while also taking out the risk of dropping the main launcher into the stadium with the beys and invalidating the test. I am sure most will agree that the prior Duotron launchers were mostly carp considering.
Ok, here is a design schematic that I went ahead and did basics of in Paint Shop Pro. I took the Beylauncher image from the random thoughts thread. One particularly posted by theflightyellz but the rest of the design I did myself using the fonts Magento and I forgot the other font for the B in the middle. I'll post a hand drawn picture with multiple views and internal schematics later on. I just wanted to go ahead and get the basics out there so people can give me comments and criticisms on how I can improve the design. Remember this is supposed to be a simple shell to connect two beylaunchers together for purposes of testing, NOT for any tournament style play.

Future possible additions to design.

-Modification of launcher holders to be removable and adjustable to take into account light launchers and set ups to test against defensive type beys.

-Widening of main joint to assist in launcher adjustment.

-ports for optional holder arms to lower chances of launch gear falling into the stadium post launch. Also would ensure that all launches take place at regulation 30cm above stadium.
Attached Files

.jpg   Duogripdesign.jpg (Size: 24.91 KB / Downloads: 173)
For this new blueprint are you going to just have to pull both individual String Launchers? How is it going to be kept from swinging when holding the strings? What if you put them side by side instead with a grip connnected so that you would only have to pull to strings with one hand just like a regular String Launcher but two connected side by side to me this makes more sense.
Very good design though.
I don't want to be best beyblader but i play it for my enjoyment.
Animemun wouldn't that be a little awkward to hold, when you let go of both ends wouldn't it just fall to the ground
(Sep. 01, 2010  1:09 AM)Farjadthegreat Wrote: I don't want to be best beyblader but i play it for my enjoyment.

its all about the beyblading spirit yes?? =D but to stay on topic how do you hold on to it without dropping it?
I also fell that this is an akward design. It could also be unbalanced because if the person is right handed the blade on the right would go faster and vice-versa.
I see your issues but I found this was the best way to consider different simultaneous directions. Yes you would pull both at once. I figured part of this could also help deal with defense types, just use the weaker hand for the defensive end. As for keeping it from falling I'm putting in design changes to accomadate holder arms.
I still think that my design is a smarter idea Ill try and post a pic later.
Fair enough, my intent with the design was to create a set up to have sliding shoot be possible with this set up. Going by what I'm understanding your idea to be a sliding shot would not be possible without shooting both blades at the exact same angle. Something not really done in a battle situation nor something prefered for testing as there will be situations being tested such as against basic defense strategy. Last time I tried it its impossible to do both slide shot and get the center of the stadium with that set up. I did consider it in my design phase doing what you are suggesting Abhor. (Testing the concept with basic style launchers) Like I said from the beginning, this is meant for beytesting purposes.

I'm also starting to design the holder arms I was talking about. When performing the tests these arms would be planted at each side of the stadium to ensure appropriate launch distance and location. Not to mention a stable strong launch. The major issue with all prior twin launcher set ups. If going with your set up which I'm guessing would more than likely attach to a launcher grip to ensure stability would require a special launcher suspension set up which would make different launching directions for each blade impossible. I feel this would cause an issue with tests.
maybe this could help? not accurate but somewhere along these lines
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

Ok this is MY adjustment to the thing!

(I meant to put 2 Beylaunchers)
(Sep. 02, 2010  3:00 AM)Kai Hiwatari! Wrote: Ok this is MY adjustment to the thing!

(I meant to put 2 Beylaunchers)

ummm change off mine or his? XP
SaveThisHero posted my design first I guess its his now but that was wut I was thinking.
(Sep. 03, 2010  12:21 AM)AbhorEvil Wrote: SaveThisHero posted my design first I guess its his now but that was wut I was thinking.

its not my idea because i wasnt the only one who thought of it =)
Ok, from what I've seen with that set up makes me think that it would be an awkward hold. The handle placement I thought you guys would be doing is from the sides so one could pull both of them and hold the grip as standard. Although like I said this takes out the concept I put in that each launcher can be put in a different direction like one being set for launching in a central defense launch and the other taking a sort of sliding shot position. With the design you guys are promoting here if one is done in sliding shot both are done in sliding shot. This problem is the second problem all older duotron launchers had, the first being both parts being run by one dragon winder making one of them shoot much weaker.

In addition attaching them together with a string would be very inefficient. I would actually redesign yours by making a special version of the Launcher suspension that connects both handles. However to give a benefit of the doubt here is what I'm going to do. I'm going to make both prototype shells then test them both vigorously and we can see how each one works. If someone wants to make the prototype of what you guys are suggesting that is just fine. I am going to be able to create it using the same casting methods that resin casters use.