New Beyblader - US - New York City - Queens

Hello everyone. I'm new to Beyblade. My son (7) is the one who piqued my interest. One of his friends in school was bringing hi Beyblades to school and my son became interested. So of course when he told me about I was like... "Ok, lets check this out" I had seen the commercials but never really payed any attention. But of course that changed. I was like "Oh... cool looking tops" Now of course I'm older and my first top experience was of course the wooden tops with a string to launch them. I loved them. Like the yo yo. LOL. Anywayyyyy... one day my wife asks him if he wanted to go out with her to run some errands. He's like "YES... then we can go to Toy's R Us" LOL I was like wow. Anyway they wake up early the next day and leave me in bed. When they return sometime in the afternoon my son is like "Daddy... look what mommy bought me" 2 Hasbro XTS tops. I'm like cool. He proceeds to open them and then shows me how to use them. He's all "3,2,1... Let it RIP" I'm like ok. LOL It was too cute. And that's that. Now I'm researching when I have time and looking for items. I saw the String Launchers and was like "That's what we need" cause of course now I want some Beyblades. LOL Soooo he came home the other week with a letter from school saying he was Student of the month for December. I'm proud of him of course... I then go after work and find the Beyblade Metal Fury Hyperblades Hyper-Strike Battle Set and purchase that for him. Nice set. I like the new Hyperblades. The stadium is kinda small but ok. Then just the other day I go out looking for Hyperblades cause the forums say some people have seen them in Walmart. I go to the one closest to me... 15miles away... sheesh. Nothing. They had hardly any beys. I'm like darn. I did go the the Toy's R Us near that one and they had a Vortex Statium and I found the pack that has the grip and like 2 or 3 beys. That was cool. Anyway... now I'm going to every Toy's R Us, Kmart, Target and if I find another Walmart I'll go check them out. They really don't have much Beyblade stuff at all.

Well that's my story... Long... forgive me. LOL Can't wait for the Hyperblades though.

Thanks for listening...

Tek...
Welcome to the WBO! I usually go out to Queens to live over the summer! It's also great to see some parents getting into the Beyblade action!

I hope you enjoy it on the forums, and why don't you bring your son to some tournaments; there are usually a number of them in New York City. I think that will make him extra hyped up about Beyblade. Smile

Hello there! Welcome to the forum. I am also new to this. My son who is 10 years old now is also the one who lead me to having interest with beyblades. Have fun and let it rip. =)
Thanks for the welcome TakasuMouce and jeremy_pedrena. I was already checking out the forums for info here in NYC. Looks like I missed an even in November. I'll keep looking. Smile
Welcome to the wbo! Have a great time exploring the site and I hope you enjoy beyblading as much as the rest!