New Beyblader?

*the question mark in the title was supposed to be a smiley, whoops..*

Hello people,

I just wanna say hi to everybody. I am a 25 year old guy from the Netherlands that just started collecting Beyblades. I don't read the manga or watch the anime, but when I saw a youtube video about Beyblades I was sold. I used to have Beyblades when I was a kid and seeing these beys battle it out brought back a lot of good memories. I also just quit smoking weed and now I have a lot of time and money for this new hobby of mine. So far I only have the rail rush battle set with Z Achilles A4 and Wonder Valtryek V4. But my new vertical drop battle set will arrive today. I'm already thinking about buying the elite warrior 4 pack as it contains two beys from the first generation. I also wanna invest in two B88 launchers as they seem to be superior to all other launchers and won't break as easily. Then I wanna buy a beylocker and I could go on and on.. So far I'm really enjoying this stuff, but damn some of this stuff is expensive and it seems that you can buy endless amounts of different beys, stadiums, launchers and accesories. It also takes a little bit of research not to get ripped off or buy fake products. So far I'm sticking with Hasbro beyblades and only wanna buy the B88 launcher from Takara Tomy. All the others seem to be trash and I don't wanna spend money on fake stuff even if it's much cheaper. Any other adults who are into this as well? Would like to hear others experiences and maybe get some noob tips that could come in handy. Thanks!
BTW, noob question: do beyblades rise in value? I mean.. would a beyblade collection be worth something in like 50 years if I ever grow tired of it or will it be worthless at that point? I ask this because I've seen some beys that where released when I was a kid getting sold for way more than the original price back in the day. Is this common?
I’m not a adolt but I know there are some on the wbo
Moved to the "Introduce Yourself" subforum.
Try to get some Takara Tomy products, they are only found in japan or online, most are way more expensive then Hasbro’s ones and are much better quality, the best launcher in my opinion so far will be the Master Diabolos Black LR String Launcher, but try and wait till March 28 when a new Beyblade series called sparking is coming out, so far we have no information on how good they will be

(Mar. 18, 2020  7:16 AM)TooOldForThis94 Wrote: BTW, noob question: do beyblades rise in value? I mean.. would a beyblade collection be worth something in like 50 years if I ever grow tired of it or will it be worthless at that point? I ask this because I've seen some beys that where released when I was a kid getting sold for way more than the original price back in the day. Is this common?

Well depends, if it’s not found anywhere else and is still playable in tournaments ( plastic gen, Metal gen, Burst gen) then you can sell it for quite a bit.
Hey bro! I'm a fellow adult beyblader 😁 I'm 32 years old and as far as i know probably the second oldest beytuber out there 🤣 i just like you got into beyblades as a pre teen. Then some years later i messed around with metal fight a bit but only really got serious when beyblade burst started up. I normally go for hasbro beyblades, as for me they are more to my budget and easier to source. I definitely recommend getting one of takara tomys LR string launchers though. I have the blue one and it has served me very well so far. As which brand to go with. I'd say stick with what you can afford. You want beyblade to be enjoyable, without stressing over the cost. The rise beyblade that hasbro has at the moment are epic. I have seen some insane battles as a result of it, and the bursts are very explosive.

Nice to meet you by the way  😁
Hey. Fellow 'old fart' here. I blame my sons, who have played with Beyblades for a while, but got me into battling with them. We have Hasbro here in Canada, but doing a little research I would highly recommend getting a few Takara Beys to compare and make your decision. That's mostly all we buy now aside from a few of the Rise parts that are competitive that we read about here. As Nik P. mentioned, Master Diabolos is a good bet to try as it comes with a good L/R launcher, can be set-up to spin both left and right and is a good Bey stock. It's a little different than any other bey with the disc and driver fused, but a lot of fun.
I only have like 10 Hasbro beys. I use only Takara Tomy Beyblades.
(Mar. 19, 2020  12:55 AM)Kiwi-bladerYT Wrote: Hasbro's about all i can realistically afford atm haha

TT beys are 20 bucks or less on Amazon, which is around the same price as Hasbro…

Regardless, welcome! I strongly suggest you buy some TT beys as well, since the gimmicks are more useful, the quality is higher, they’re heavier as a whole since a lot of them have metal, and it’s always nice to have a mix of both. Besides, in my opinion, Hypersphere and Slingshock are great sometimes, but most of the time, I'm dying to get away from them. All in all, it’s your choice, but whatever you do, I hope you enjoy your time here on the WBO, a wonderful organisation where bladers come together and culminate knowledge about leaks, organise tournaments, answer questions, and give advice about practically anything. Everyone here is rather helpful, for the most part, and you can ask any of us questions.
Hi I’m also new, but I’ve been into beyblade since mfb came out
(Mar. 18, 2020  10:19 PM)RustyWheelz Wrote: Hey.  Fellow 'old fart' here.  I blame my sons, who have played with Beyblades for a while, but got me into battling with them.  We have Hasbro here in Canada, but doing a little research I would highly recommend getting a few Takara Beys to compare and make your decision.  That's mostly all we buy now aside from a few of the Rise parts that are competitive that we read about here.  As Nik P. mentioned, Master Diabolos is a good bet to try as it comes with a good L/R launcher, can be set-up to spin both left and right and is a good Bey stock.  It's a little different than any other bey with the disc and driver fused, but a lot of fun.

(Mar. 20, 2020  1:29 AM)Breakerz Wrote: Hi I’m also new, but I’ve been into beyblade since mfb came out

Hey man! Welcome!
Hey man! I'm a fellow blader from the Netherlands and I am 18 years old. I'm an experienced blader who's been playing the game for 8 years now so I guess I can teach you something about it.

I play Metal Fight Limited&Standard format and so do most of the other Dutch people who're into Beyblade so I'd get some 4D Beyblades like Flash Sagittario or Death Quetzalcoatl to start with. Assuming you're able to grab some RF/WD tips and Aquario clear wheels from marktplaats.nl you'll be able to make some pretty decent combos with these.

Feel free to PM me for Beyblade inquiries.