Need for Speed Series

Anyone here a fan? I got into the series at Most Wanted, but I had played a few games previously from the series, but didn't find them too interesting.

Most Wanted was awesome, but Carbon was disappointing for me. For one; I didn't like the night time racing compared to daytime in MW; two, the cops played less of a factor in the game which I didn't like (the police chases were one of my favourite things from MW); three, the city wasn't as memorable as MW's, and the story didn't exactly end when you beat the game. A lot of things were not explained, and the story was quite stupid overall anyways.

Besides all this though, I'm looking forward to ProStreet. It looks promising, anyone else planning on getting it?
I've played NFS: Underground, and that's about it >_> I'm really good at drifting, though.
hey man your not alone.
MOST Wanted was('is' actually, i haven't beat it) so badass, some of the best gameplay ever. pursuits, holy carp my pulse gets so high

pro street is more of what im into though, more sim, realistic. definately get it when I buy ps3.
btw are you a racing fan, if so what games you got?
gran turismo plz
Tamer Brad Wrote:gran turismo plz

Overly realistic sims like Gran Turismo piss me off because they suck all the fun out of racing. When you're spending all of that time "fine-tuning" your car and then you get it out on the road and realize the physics suck carp no matter what tweaks you make, what's the point in trying?

The NFS series isn't exactly what I'd call my idea of racing either. It's trying too hard to satisfy everyone and it's not doing a very good job. Some people are calling Pro Street a great step for the series, but I think it's just another of EA's ploys to tap into what's popular at the moment and make millions off of it all over again (Underground 1 and 2, anyone?) only this time instead of neons and "underground" racing it's drag racing. Wooptie.

EA has a lot of work to do on the handling of the cars in the NFS series before I seriously consider it. Drifting and just taking turns in general in the NFS games has been horrid (I've played all the way up to Carbon, so don't go saying I don't have experience).

Only fun if you can simulate drifting. Forza 2 anyone?
I don't know carp about cars and I had a blast with GT.
Tamer Brad Wrote:I don't know carp about cars and I had a blast with GT.

I liked GT3. It was a fun simulator (Especially with my friend's ridiculous Porsche). GT4 was fun as well, but I had more fun with Forza 2. But honestly, I prefer unrealistic drifting games like the NFS games. Suprisingly, The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift game was fun. If nothing else, it had some fun car customizing.
Katashi Wrote:

Only fun if you can simulate drifting. Forza 2 anyone?

Forza 1 is great, never tried Forza 2
drifting shouldn't be easy, gt4 is very good for that, omg youtube
but arcade type racing has its place, nfs is a great series
MIdnight club is another good series, 2 is considered the best

sorry roan, tuning makes big difference. but you do need spare time lol

prostreet is more than drag (that hype was late 90's, early 00's)? underground 1 was about that
prostreet has drag, drift, grip, time attack, based on spocom industry and enthusiasts
i like underground 2 alot, though i havent really played many NFS games
Wtf, ProStreet's been delayed until November 14th. D:
ProStreet demo was cool but NFS Underground will always be top. It kick started it off and it was just awesome. Best soundtrack as well, then they started chucking in the rap and hip hop shiz...

I played Carbon for the PSP. It was fun but I haven't played any NFS after that.
I played the Prostreet demo and damn...playing the real version is going to be a tough one. I tested a couple of rounds, say about 10, only actually won 1-2 races because I wasted my car everytime. It's so easy to topple your car but I guess that's what I like about it so far, the realness and the skill needed to win the race.
Need For Speed is way too rice for me.

Gran Turismo is <3
i liked carbom playing it my wii was so fun
AnnieDuck Wrote:Need For Speed is way too rice for me.

Gran Turismo is <3

QTF

I used to get NFSMW confused with NSFW back in the day.
boooyakkashaaa
[Image: Picture010.jpg]

well i dunno played a few weeks agoo, this was my best pursuit
but not the final. anyway i was surprised, so.. thought i'd post it
BAHHHZEEENWAAHN

yo it popped out today. I will so pick this up
kei you buy it yet?
BlueSZK Wrote:BAHHHZEEENWAAHN

yo it popped out today. I will so pick this up
kei you buy it yet?

Yeah, I actually did. Luckily my local Blockbuster got them and when I phoned they were just unpacking them lol

I haven't had much of a chance to play it yet though, I was busy playing SMG.
Here comes the famous GT3 from... ???
(Jul. 29, 2019  3:44 PM)Bl4ck-Ou7 Wrote: Here comes the famous GT3 from... ???

please don’t revive threads that have been dead for 10+ years