Need beginner combo helps to kick off our competitive training?

Hey everyone. 
I'm new to this Beyblade Burst (played the original Beyblade when i was a teenager back then).
Basically i wanted to train my kids to become a competitive player.
I live in Japan so  I can basically get whatever Takara Tomy parts I want.
We've just started a week ago and he loves it.

Currently what i have is :

Energy Layers
Genesis Valtryek V3
Luinor L4
Z Achilles A4
Wonder Valtryek V4
Forneus F4
Phoenix P4

Forge Discs

Performance Tips
Jolt
Reboot
Xtend
Volcanic
Yard
Friction

My plan is to get recommendations from veterans (and new players alike Smile ) and start tuning and comboing my own later own.
Would appreciate the help from all of you. 
Thanks Grin 

Prefer if it's newer parts like the Cho-Z or GT versions.
(Jun. 17, 2019  1:24 AM)mikedrewsmy Wrote: Hey everyone. 
I'm new to this Beyblade Burst (played the original Beyblade when i was a teenager back then).

Energy Layers
Genesis Valtryek V3
Luinor L4
Z Achilles A4
Wonder Valtryek V4
Forneus F4
Phoenix P4

Forge Discs

Performance Tips
Jolt
Reboot
Xtend
Volcanic
Yard
Friction

My plan is to get recommendations from veterans (and new players alike Smile ) and start tuning and comboing my own later own.
Thanks Grin 

If your revive Phoenix is TT, you should pick up a Dead Phoenix, and combine the two to create Perfect Phoenix, one of the most dominant layers currently. Cho Z Achilles would also be a nice start-up Beyblade; it’s stock combo is overall pretty good. You should also pick up 4-6 newer random boosters, which come with many competitive parts, in addition to a few nice collectors items. Overall, just buy what appeals to you, almost any combo has its uses.
(Jun. 17, 2019  1:54 AM)Ardmore Bladers Wrote:
(Jun. 17, 2019  1:24 AM)mikedrewsmy Wrote: Hey everyone. 

Energy Layers
Genesis Valtryek V3
Luinor L4
Z Achilles A4
Wonder Valtryek V4
Forneus F4
Phoenix P4

Forge Discs

Performance Tips
Jolt
Reboot
Xtend
Volcanic
Yard
Friction

Thanks Grin 

If your revive Phoenix is TT, you should pick up a Dead Phoenix, and combine the two to create Perfect Phoenix, one of the most dominant layers currently. Cho Z Achilles would also be a nice start-up Beyblade; it’s stock combo is overall pretty good. You should also pick up 4-6 newer random boosters, which come with many competitive parts, in addition to a few nice collectors items. Overall, just buy what appeals to you, almost any combo has its uses.

Thanks for the reply! Will do so perhaps later this evening. May i know is there much improvements in the GT versions compared to the Cho-Z's? 
We actually purchased the Ch-Z mianly because it looks better (with the metal bits at the top Smile )

Oh and everything i own is TT because they don't sell Hasbro versions here in Japan.
(Jun. 17, 2019  1:56 AM)mikedrewsmy Wrote:
(Jun. 17, 2019  1:54 AM)Ardmore Bladers Wrote: If your revive Phoenix is TT, you should pick up a Dead Phoenix, and combine the two to create Perfect Phoenix, one of the most dominant layers currently. Cho Z Achilles would also be a nice start-up Beyblade; it’s stock combo is overall pretty good. You should also pick up 4-6 newer random boosters, which come with many competitive parts, in addition to a few nice collectors items. Overall, just buy what appeals to you, almost any combo has its uses.

Thanks for the reply! Will do so perhaps later this evening. May i know is there much improvements in the GT versions compared to the Cho-Z's? 
We actually purchased the Ch-Z mianly because it looks better (with the metal bits at the top Smile )

Oh and everything i own is TT because they don't sell Hasbro versions here in Japan.
Generally Cho Z preformance is slightly better due to the large amounts of metal on the layers, but GT beyblades like Judgement Joker can definitely be used competitively on combos such as JJ 0/00B/St Zt’ to easily take out right spin combos such as pP Xt+. With Zwei Longinus, the Gen weight and the Goku weight being released, GT is definitely going to see a huge jump in competitive play due to TT probably trying to make their GT beyblades outperform Cho Z beyblades in competitions.
(Jun. 17, 2019  2:19 AM)Ardmore Bladers Wrote:
(Jun. 17, 2019  1:56 AM)mikedrewsmy Wrote: Thanks for the reply! Will do so perhaps later this evening. May i know is there much improvements in the GT versions compared to the Cho-Z's? 

Generally Cho Z preformance is slightly better due to the large amounts of metal on the layers, but GT beyblades like Judgement Joker can definitely be used competitively on combos such as JJ 0/00B/St Zt’ to easily take out right spin combos such as pP Xt+. With Zwei Longinus, the Gen weight and the Goku weight being released, GT is definitely going to see a huge jump in competitive play due to TT probably trying to make their GT beyblades outperform Cho Z beyblades in competitions.

Makes sense. They'd surely want the veteran adopters to get the GTs too since they're basically forced to upgrade since it's getting better Grin
Defense: Revive Phoenix 0 Xtend
Attack: Winning Valkyrie 10 Jolt
These are ok combos for the parts you have.