NERF strategies wanted

So the new Buzzbee Double Barrel design makes me mad...
The barrels stacked? REALLY?
Then the go and make the whole gun more skinny.
Skinny = Less darts in stock
It's also made with a different plastic.

Too bad my old one broke. I liked it. Now I gotta buy the new one if I want something like that...

I also want to buy the other Buzzbee rifle. I think it's called the Rapid Fire Tech...
Deploy+long strike barrel(optional)+sniper power+me+ 35 darts barrel +recon scope + bandolier set = BEAST. I headshotted my friends tag-team assault group.
Say "Wait everyone stop! Come over here!" Then just shoot all of them lol!
The barrels on manufactured Nerf guns have ridiculously wide barrels compared to the size of the standard dart.

Most "sniper" Nerf weapons (Longshot, Longstrike, etc) aren't optimized to use such a long barrel because the dart bounces on the sides due to having enough wiggle room. Dart loses speed upon getting out of barrel because it wasted so much energy bouncing around.

Thinking about picking up something from the Vortex line because it uses discs instead of darts. And I heard you can curve the disc's trajectory, which is interesting.

(i get irritated at how nerfers refer to the "magazine" as a "clip", and how they use the word "chamber")
Lol. Vortex looks fun, but it's not nice to get hit with one. The discs seem soft, but not if they're launched at high propelling speeds. My deploy works fine with the barrel only with sone jamming once in a while. Its wide-spread fire without the barrel.(P.S when playing in the rain , keep the 'pumping' thing dry at all times. It's hard to reload when it's so slippery)
(Dec. 08, 2011  7:44 AM)Nano Wrote: So the new Buzzbee Double Barrel design makes me mad...
The barrels stacked? REALLY?
Then the go and make the whole gun more skinny.
Skinny = Less darts in stock
It's also made with a different plastic.

Too bad my old one broke. I liked it. Now I gotta buy the new one if I want something like that...

I also want to buy the other Buzzbee rifle. I think it's called the Rapid Fire Tech...

i have it its not that good
I use the barricade unmodded an i recon its amazing sorry if this sounds noobish
(Dec. 08, 2011  3:08 PM)bugturtles Wrote: The barrels on manufactured Nerf guns have ridiculously wide barrels compared to the size of the standard dart.

Most "sniper" Nerf weapons (Longshot, Longstrike, etc) aren't optimized to use such a long barrel because the dart bounces on the sides due to having enough wiggle room. Dart loses speed upon getting out of barrel because it wasted so much energy bouncing around.

BINGO!
I thought about that when I got my Recon. I noticed how the barrel decreased distance, and didn't do anything but.

CPVC pipe works well with Stefans. If you don't have any, just put the dart at the top, seeing as it won't go in all the way.
The darts without the suction cups are the best IMO. I believe they are called Sonic Micro Darts?
Brand new the shoot like a dream.

As of now, I have no working Nerf guns. Can't find my Night Finder, and my Recon is taken apart.

Also, the Recon sucks. That is all.
I've realized how easy it is to mod something like the Nerf Stampede to make it killer.

First, make a batch of stefans with hard tips. Buy 3.6 V Lithium Ion's, buy a battery converter and well..

The result is great! You could probably add some type of sealant muffler inside the gun..
(Dec. 12, 2011  12:57 AM)BeybladeStation Wrote: I've realized how easy it is to mod something like the Nerf Stampede to make it killer.

First, make a batch of stefans with hard tips. Buy 3.6 V Lithium Ion's, buy a battery converter and well..

The result is great! You could probably add some type of sealant muffler inside the gun..

Blow the damn insides apart, why don't you?

Or ya know, take out the AR?
I believe the Stampede has one.
(Dec. 12, 2011  12:46 AM)Nano Wrote: I thought about that when I got my Recon. I noticed how the barrel decreased distance, and didn't do anything but.

CPVC pipe works well with Stefans. If you don't have any, just put the dart at the top, seeing as it won't go in all the way.
The darts without the suction cups are the best IMO. I believe they are called Sonic Micro Darts?
Brand new the shoot like a dream.

As of now, I have no working Nerf guns. Can't find my Night Finder, and my Recon is taken apart.

Also, the Recon sucks. That is all.

sonics/whistlers are definitely my favorite for this reason. they also make a cool whistling noise.

will probably make a flywheel-based design sooner or later (i have spare radioshack motors and wiring right beside me) because i'm not a person who values triple digit ranges.
(Dec. 12, 2011  1:20 AM)bugturtles Wrote: sonics/whistlers are definitely my favorite for this reason. they also make a cool whistling noise.

And more aerodynamic, right? Seeing as they don't have a wall as a tip like the Micro's.
Or maybe have an army of vulcans shooting from EVERYWARE surounding the other team.
I can deflect a dart with my nerf sword no joke.
If you guys really like Nerf, you might want to check this out. Just a suggestion. http://nerforginization.createmybb3.com/