My question.

(Mar. 02, 2018  9:47 PM)shochbaum Wrote:
(Mar. 02, 2018  8:47 PM)BlueFlare1384 Wrote: For that to happen, then Beyblading needs to get far more publicity than it currently gets (which at the moment is practically zero), it would also have to be made far more spectator friendly, in order to build up a spectator following.  But to do that would mean money being poured in, but I don't think anyone would want to do that right now.  We'd also need Takara Tomy to manufacture anime tournament style stadiums, bigger than the ones they currently produce, which are designed for a couple of kids in a bedroom, not for spectators, as that's the only way the WBO will allow larger stadiums at tournaments.  If it does get that far, then to have international tournaments would mean it would need a real incentive to get the country champions to travel overseas to an international tournament, in order to offset the costs of international travel.  But to get that ball rolling, it needs to be started on a local level.  Real organisation for tournaments, registered players, proper leagues and as much publicity as be can gained and the WBO to stop being so dogmatic about using 'official' TT Burst stadiums for tournaments.

so what your saying is, there needs to be a new organization or new rules. got it, im down for that. anyone up for a small uprising? ill start making stadiums. hahahahahaha. the rules for wbo are great for younger groups that want to have fun. as for real tourement style stuff, it would reqire a large overhaul to the current system or a brand new system. i think you noted on that fact. on the fact that we need larger arena's that would not be to hard to pull off, just creating a homebrew system would be the best way to start. establishing different formats, and maybe even allowing home built system series to be its own format. all of this is very plausible it just needs to be started. im trying to get enough posts right now to become offical at them moment. after that i do plan on ramping up tournaments. where i am, i do see a large want for tournaments. so maybe that could spawn into leauges and such. if i can say anything to wrap this long comment up, if you see something you want to change, take charge and change it. thats my plan and i hope im not the only one.

Pretty much, though I don't think we need a new organisation or new rules, just have the rules about stadiums relaxed, as it is ridiculous to be so rigid about using TT Burst Stadiums in order to have legal rankings.  Not everybody can afford them or get hold of them easily, unless you live in South-East Asia.  As to organising events, that's something that has to be sorted out at a local level.  Once there are organised local leagues going, then it can spread to having regional and then national leagues.  I've done my required 50 posts and beyond, so do plan on taking the organiser's exam and get started on something here in London.  Good luck with your plans and keep me posted about things, maybe we can work together on this?
(Mar. 02, 2018  11:42 PM)BlueFlare1384 Wrote:
(Mar. 02, 2018  9:47 PM)shochbaum Wrote: so what your saying is, there needs to be a new organization or new rules. got it, im down for that. anyone up for a small uprising? ill start making stadiums. hahahahahaha. the rules for wbo are great for younger groups that want to have fun. as for real tourement style stuff, it would reqire a large overhaul to the current system or a brand new system. i think you noted on that fact. on the fact that we need larger arena's that would not be to hard to pull off, just creating a homebrew system would be the best way to start. establishing different formats, and maybe even allowing home built system series to be its own format. all of this is very plausible it just needs to be started. im trying to get enough posts right now to become offical at them moment. after that i do plan on ramping up tournaments. where i am, i do see a large want for tournaments. so maybe that could spawn into leauges and such. if i can say anything to wrap this long comment up, 

Pretty much, though I don't think we need a new organisation or new rules, just have the rules about stadiums relaxed, as it is ridiculous to be so rigid about using TT Burst Stadiums in order to have legal rankings.  Not everybody can afford them or get hold of them easily, unless you live in South-East Asia.  As to organising events, that's something that has to be sorted out at a local level.  Once there are organised local leagues going, then it can spread to having regional and then national leagues.  I've done my required 50 posts and beyond, so do plan on taking the organiser's exam and get started on something here in London.  Good luck with your plans and keep me posted about things, maybe we can work together on this?
Sounds awesome, hit me up if your ever in Chicago
(Mar. 01, 2018  4:42 PM)Hyptic Wrote: Why do they make us use three beyblade instead of one, I think it would be easier to use ones that are custom instead of using ones from the show.

I've been pondering this for a long while since you started this thread and maybe we could have a secondary league, where we do have just the one Bey, but we build it and allow the top layer to be customised as well.  In other words, paint/decorate it with enamel paints in order to create a unique Bey?  The WBO rules don't allow Beys to be 'mutilated' with paints or anything else, but if we did have a secondary league for such Beys, which we'd have to register, listing the parts, a photo of the top layer and giving our Bey a name, maybe we could?  What do you say WBO?
(Mar. 06, 2018  4:43 AM)BlueFlare1384 Wrote:
(Mar. 01, 2018  4:42 PM)Hyptic Wrote: Why do they make us use three beyblade instead of one, I think it would be easier to use ones that are custom instead of using ones from the show.

I've been pondering this for a long while since you started this thread and maybe we could have a secondary league, where we do have just the one Bey, but we build it and allow the top layer to be customised as well.  In other words, paint/decorate it with enamel paints in order to create a unique Bey?  The WBO rules don't allow Beys to be 'mutilated' with paints or anything else, but if we did have a secondary league for such Beys, which we'd have to register, listing the parts, a photo of the top layer and giving our Bey a name, maybe we could?  What do you say WBO?

I'd say that would be ok, cause I would rather participate in that league, like there would be REAL bey trainers that can sort of "upgrade" our bey, by adding attachments and such, or making a new bey for us, but they'd have to be certified for this instead of some random person.
(Mar. 06, 2018  9:19 PM)Hyptic Wrote:
(Mar. 06, 2018  4:43 AM)BlueFlare1384 Wrote: I've been pondering this for a long while since you started this thread and maybe we could have a secondary league, where we do have just the one Bey, but we build it and allow the top layer to be customised as well.  In other words, paint/decorate it with enamel paints in order to create a unique Bey?  The WBO rules don't allow Beys to be 'mutilated' with paints or anything else, but if we did have a secondary league for such Beys, which we'd have to register, listing the parts, a photo of the top layer and giving our Bey a name, maybe we could?  What do you say WBO?

I'd say that would be ok, cause I would rather participate in that league, like there would be REAL bey trainers that can sort of "upgrade" our bey, by adding attachments and such, or making a new bey for us, but they'd have to be certified for this instead of some random person.

I'm gonna give my aB better teeth and ace everyone. Post 350 by the way
(Mar. 01, 2018  8:01 PM)Hyptic Wrote: I know, but unlike others, I train everyday with my custom launch. People should train and not depend on their bey, it's about launch power and technique.

And the only reason I'd use fafnir is because, I am exactly like Free.
So ur an Spanish blond dude who dosent give a damn about the world. Free wouldn't debate this, he'd just be like "meh" and get on with his life. Ur special launch technique could be beaten by nL bump xtreme on a sliding shoot.
(Mar. 02, 2018  9:47 PM)shochbaum Wrote:
(Mar. 02, 2018  8:47 PM)BlueFlare1384 Wrote: For that to happen, then Beyblading needs to get far more publicity than it currently gets (which at the moment is practically zero), it would also have to be made far more spectator friendly, in order to build up a spectator following.  But to do that would mean money being poured in, but I don't think anyone would want to do that right now.  We'd also need Takara Tomy to manufacture anime tournament style stadiums, bigger than the ones they currently produce, which are designed for a couple of kids in a bedroom, not for spectators, as that's the only way the WBO will allow larger stadiums at tournaments.  If it does get that far, then to have international tournaments would mean it would need a real incentive to get the country champions to travel overseas to an international tournament, in order to offset the costs of international travel.  But to get that ball rolling, it needs to be started on a local level.  Real organisation for tournaments, registered players, proper leagues and as much publicity as be can gained and the WBO to stop being so dogmatic about using 'official' TT Burst stadiums for tournaments.

so what your saying is, there needs to be a new organization or new rules. got it, im down for that. anyone up for a small uprising? ill start making stadiums. hahahahahaha. the rules for wbo are great for younger groups that want to have fun. as for real tourement style stuff, it would reqire a large overhaul to the current system or a brand new system. i think you noted on that fact. on the fact that we need larger arena's that would not be to hard to pull off, just creating a homebrew system would be the best way to start. establishing different formats, and maybe even allowing home built system series to be its own format. all of this is very plausible it just needs to be started. im trying to get enough posts right now to become offical at them moment. after that i do plan on ramping up tournaments. where i am, i do see a large want for tournaments. so maybe that could spawn into leauges and such. if i can say anything to wrap this long comment up, if you see something you want to change, take charge and change it. thats my plan and i hope im not the only one.

I'll help, I'm good with these type of situations... but we would have to test on out own too see if their are counters to certain combos, also I'm a year late I'm sorry.
ok this discussion is going too close to the question " why isn't beyblade an olympic sport?/why don't everyone in the world treat beyblade the same as football?"
well too summarise everything, having many beys increasing the versatility of the meta. if you had actually done this some time around BBG(god) then you would have a requiem bearing spam, which has actually happened.( a guy won a tournament only with one bey, and this led to the ban on requiem) similar things would have happened in Cho-z an so on.
now custom made parts are even worse than the rare-bey-gets's. there are just two or three capable guys that i know who design these models. and it could always turn out that a design that was actually cool is really terrible not even mentioning the fact that almost all layers would most definitely have monster teeth made of metal or something.(you think having chosen a stamina bey means going for weak teeth. IRL most people would just make stamina types like Garuda with Requiem teeth.)
if WBO allowed custom parts. the richest guys would be tourney winners all the time.
the solution is a simple statement that is very nearly impossible until.... (insert billions of dollars and other stuff here)
the said solution being globalising beyblade.
the problems and ways to do that have already been discussed in other threads so i'll probably not go there.
the other thing is that the meta has always revolved around two or three stamina beys and their counters. you can trace this back to the OG. so one bey per person might seem really pleasing and sorta like being loyal to your favourite bey, it will certainly mean a stamina spam meta where there are no bursts, the battles are as long drawn out as MFB, and skills are worth carp. ( there are not many stamina oriented launch strategies, launch techniques i have discovered are very nearly entirely for attack types. prove me wrong, i would like to be)
i suppose this answers everything that you have asked so far in the thread

sorry for the long post go search a potato ; )
(Mar. 01, 2018  8:01 PM)Hyptic Wrote: I know, but unlike others, I train everyday with my custom launch. People should train and not depend on their bey, it's about launch power and technique.

And the only reason I'd use fafnir is because, I am exactly like Free.
If you want to win in Beyblade 
Then you got to use your mind not practice like an idiot
And it Doesn't matter that you are like free or some carp

A question about or 'critique' of the WBO's deck format like this should have been posted in the Discuss worldbeyblade.org forum. As Kei responded in a previous topic:

(May. 13, 2018  5:18 PM)Kei Wrote: If you want some insight into the origins and intentions behind our implementation of Deck Format, I suggest you read these threads:

https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-New-For...ion-System
https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Experim...Discussion

In that second thread we spoke extensively based on real life test events with the community about the idea of Deck Format (along with many other rule changes made for our 8th Anniversary in 2016), making numerous modifications along the way in order to ensure it was better than what we had and that the version we implemented was the best possible version of the format.

From my perspective, Deck Format has worked out to not only make the length of our finals more reasonable and pressure-filled (previously they were round robin based, so it basically became another full tournament within a tournament), it also has proven to be the most intensely strategic way of playing Beyblade. It challenges the knowledge and skill of the best players in any given event in a more complex way than the first stage could ever allow. Not to mention, it also allows for a wider variety of combos to be used. If we didn't have it, I guarantee you we'd see less Attack types because they aren't incentivized through 2 Point KOs/Bursts in the first stage of events (and they can't be because 2 Points in a 3 Point match is lethal and unfair in our view especially with the potential for things like self-bursts. There's just such a low chance of being able to recover from that, but there is in Deck Format).

And if you want even more insight into why I feel Deck Format is one of the best things we've ever done for Organized Play, check out this post I made from a few months ago: https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Round-R...pid1421774

I'm happy to let this discussion continue, but I think there would need to be an extremely strong and well-organized argument against it for us to even consider removing Deck Format. Saying it's "unnecessary" and "complicated" isn't enough. Complexity on some level isn't a bad thing when we're talking about players who make it to the finals; they should be expected to be strong players with the ability to understand and execute proper deck construction and choices throughout their finals matches.

And remember, even in many TAKARA-TOMY events they use their version of Deck Format. So obviously, it isn't just the WBO that sees value in a more "complex" format as a way to expose and represent the depth of strategy Beyblade can contain in a competitive environment.

In Deck Format, skill is the most valued asset assuming you know how to construct a balanced Deck. In first stage matches based on single Beyblade choices, prediction is the most valued asset. Skill plays a part in the first stage, and prediction plays a part in Deck Format, but the emphasis is switched. I would be surprised to learn if anyone here believes that we should prioritize prediction over skill.

If it was up to me, I would do Deck Format for all matches in an event (and we did test this a few times in real events), but the reason that didn't happen was mainly due to time constraints and the fact that many new/younger players might not be equipped to play it properly. So, adding it only for the finals was a perfect compromise because anyone who makes it to the finals is almost always someone with either some level of experience or at least a decent collection.

Moving this to Discuss worldbeyblade.org.