My public goodbye; I am quitting

Hey.

It was tough (well, in some ways easy) to make this decision: I am quitting the WBO.

Here are my reasons to why:

- Usually, I find myself sharing combos. many of them are laughed at, and nobody ever even gives them a shot.

-I am normally taunted and critiqued in every way. I try to create fun threads and combos to take a little vacation from the naturally serious chat. However, it gets locked up as "pointless and useless". I get it; they are useless, but come on; can't we have a little fun? I guess not.

-Whenever I do find a way to help, it is overshadowed by someone with more authority. Imagine this: You are playing burst and you find an extremely competitive top. Whenever you address it, you are ignored. then, a moderator comes up with the exact same top, prove it positive, and mark it their own discovery; UGH. I know that feeling well and clear. Spriggan for attack and sr200tb, my ideas, overthrown by people with higher authority.

I want you to know, you won't need to mock me anymore... This isn't a healthy place to be for me, Adieu...

OH! one more thing, lock this thread, don't consider me rejoining; you proven my point of not being respected.
Wait? Your leaving? I don't think the people who ever mocked you meant it, it's probably them just correcting you slightly harsher than you'd like to. Please don't, but if you want to, it's your choice.
Ok boi, my thoughts:

Sion Wrote:- Usually, I find myself sharing combos. many of them are laughed at, and nobody ever even gives them a shot.
Um, I'm pretty sure some have been tested... Heck, I think even tested 2. Along with that, various information is already known about the pieces that we will know if it is good or not.

Sion Wrote:-I am normally taunted and critiqued in every way. I try to create fun threads and combos to take a little vacation from the naturally serious chat. However, it gets locked up as "pointless and useless". I get it; they are useless, but come on; can't we have a little fun? I guess not.
You never test your combos and you are using aren't using a BB-10 (you are using a huge Plastics stadium).. And fun is for random thoughts, where all serious stuff can just throw its self out the window. Also; it's because it is pointless and useless when you have no proof... :\

Sion Wrote:-Whenever I do find a way to help, it is overshadowed by someone with more authority. Imagine this: You are playing burst and you find an extremely competitive top. Whenever you address it, you are ignored. then, a moderator comes up with the exact same top, prove it positive, and mark it their own discovery; UGH. I know that feeling well and clear. Spriggan for attack and sr200tb, my ideas, overthrown by people with higher authority.
Um, pretty sure LMAO found SR200 TB, and I think Spriggan attack was found by Zoroaste.. Also, I'm pretty sure that combo testing for your combos, then being reposted has never happened.. Also, when people prove a theory, it would be a share. Older members or more known ones don't just steal ideas...

Hope you don't leave, but your decision.
Hey Siⱺn,

I do not think anybody has been mocking you on this website. If that did happen, you should have definitely reported it to one of the staff members - and even if, somehow, this involved one of the Committee Members themselves, be sure that we are all different individuals with integrity, so you can definitely confide in one of them if another is not treating you well. That being said, I do hope it was not one of the Committee Members you are talking about.

As for your threads, we are just a huge message board with volunteer moderators, and we wish to maintain a reputation of good conversations. For that reason, we only want to have discussions that do not involve SPAM or forum games - we would rather people focus their attention on meaningful posts, without being stuck up or making up strictly serious conversations either. There is definitely a way to compromise with both aspects, because we have existed for years now and anybody can definitely discuss Beyblade in both fun and serious ways while avoiding SPAMming, not to mention that other subjects unrelated to Beyblade can also be talked about too. I doubt anybody judged you for trying to create threads that ended up being locked : it happens to everybody, and if nobody ever attempted anything, no one would know whether it was OK or not. For instance, we left the Adopt a Beyblade thread open for a while to see how it would turn out, but it ended up being mostly full of SPAM, so we had to close it.

About Spriggan and SR200TB, for sure people with test results are taken more seriously, and what I see is that I cannot find topics you would have made about those results yourself. That would totally help : if you discover something, post a thread about it with proof, and then you can really be recognised as the one who found that out.

We definitely do not want you to leave, but we will of course respect your decision. I would have personally liked to learn about this before it became such a huge issue though.
Please don't leave.

Look, I know how you feel. I have always felt the same way you do when it comes to being mocked or ignored. If you want someone to talk to, talk to me about it.
then maybe zoom through skype everyone. that's where it came to me as a conclusion to how much a portion of the community wants me gone.
(Sep. 28, 2015  12:37 AM)Siⱺn Wrote: then maybe zoom through skype everyone. that's where it came to me as a conclusion to how much a portion of the community wants me gone.

C'mon dude, no one wants you to leave. We all get mocked once in a while but that doesn't mean people want you gone.
Hi, I haven't posted on this site in a while (like, years) and was just perusing, but I wanted to jump in. Your profile shows that you've only been on here for a few months, and I don't want you to cut your time on here short.

Trust me, we ALL go through the "beginners phase" on the site where it seems like you're insignificant and everything you do is wrong. But once you gain a better understanding of how the rules and community work and you contribute and communicate with the other members, the experience starts to get much better, awesome even.

From what I've seen looking at your thread history is that you have incredibly bad luck starting topics that already have a thread about them, resulting in a large and seemingly disheartening string of closed threads. And that should be expected of a site that has been online as long as the WBO has. My suggestion is to search the WBO and if you can't find anything similar within five minutes, start the thread (just make sure it's in the right place). When it seems like people are mocking you, it really is tough love nine times out of ten. People who are being openly malicious are pretty obvious and are usually dealt with quickly. From the time I spent on the site, no one criticized anyone without valid points almost all the time, so even though they might come off as mean, they most likely still have something important to say. Once you integrate better and contribute more you'll find the people that once seemingly mocked you will be your best friends. Kai-V pretty much said everything else I was thinking.

Your choice, but trust me, the site is an awesome community; you're just going through growing pains. Once you get better at using the site it'll be a rad time.
(Sep. 28, 2015  12:39 AM)Ink. Wrote: Hi, I haven't posted on this site in a while and was just perusing, but I wanted to jump in. Your profile shows that you've only been on here for a few months, and I don't want you to cut your time on here short.

Trust me, we ALL go through the "beginners phase" on the site where it seems like you're insignificant and everything you do is wrong. But once you gain a better understanding of how the rules and community work and you contribute and communicate with the other members, the experience starts to get much better, awesome even.

From what I've seen looking at your thread history is that you have incredibly bad luck starting topics that already have a thread about them, resulting in a large and seemingly disheartening string of closed threads. And that should be expected of a site that has been online as long as the WBO has. My suggestion is to search the WBO and if you can't find anything similar within five minutes, start the thread (just make sure it's in the right place). Kai-V pretty much said everything else I was thinking.

Your choice, but trust me, the site is an awesome community; you're just going through growing pains. Once you get better at using the site it'll be a rad time.

well.... I have been on for longer than that, really.

I thought my old account was hacked and started a newer one. then it turns out I just forgot the password. I he been on for a few years really. Same story for three years too...
Skype is not here though, clearly whoever you talked to there does not represent even half of this community ...
I felt like this might be an ok spot to ask this but, is there anything I can do if I ever get harassed/threatened by other WBO members off the WBO forum?
Blader_Kev, definitely report it to a Committee Member, or the Committee as a whole, show us some screenshots and we will do what we can, but of course, if you can, try to cut all ties with those people outside of the forums - we can only act on here, after all.

By the way, I will move this to the Questions and Comments forum.
(Sep. 28, 2015  12:46 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Blader_Kev, definitely report it to a Committee Member, or the Committee as a whole, show us some screenshots and we will do what we can, but of course, if you can, try to cut all ties with those people outside of the forums - we can only act on here, after all.

By the way, I will move this to the Questions and Comments forum.
Thanks for the info.
(Sep. 28, 2015  12:42 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Skype is not here though, clearly whoever you talked to there does not represent even half of this community ...

let me admit: 1234bb, ultimate orion, sometimes beybrad, hato; they weaken my confidence in beyblade.
Ah damn, OK, I was not expecting that. Do you want to send me more details by private message ?
Well if I did anything to put you down, then I apologise (that's only if I did).
(Sep. 28, 2015  1:06 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Ah damn, OK, I was not expecting that. Do you want to send me more details by private message ?

sure, if you want
hey bro, please don't leave. I tried to test your combo here remember? http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Build-me...?page=1527 ( well sorry again for the results, at least I tried) and when you say everyone hates you its normal. I'm pretty sure everyone gets a little hated on in the first few years. I would recommend going to a tournament to meet some people in person Smile I hope you stay but if you choose to go then its your decision ( and by the way, you've been on my friends list since the first time I seen you post! Wink )
I feel you man. I've been here for a good 4 years now and I am still ignored very often. I know how it feels to be ignored. I stick through it because I love Beyblade and all these people love Beyblade. That's what unites this community.

Just do what feels comfortable and if you feel overshadowed say something about it and people will understand. The choice to leave is all up to you, but I would try to continue trying to become attached to the website.
(Sep. 28, 2015  1:19 AM)RagerBlade Wrote: I feel you man. I've been here for a good 4 years now and I am still ignored very often. I know how it feels to be ignored. I stick through it because I love Beyblade and all these people love Beyblade. That's what unites this community.

Just do what feels comfortable and if you feel overshadowed say something about it and people will understand. The choice to leave is all up to you, but I would try to continue trying to become attached to the website.

I can also relate.
NOOO ILL NEVER SEE BURN BLAZE AGAIN T.T I personally enjoy your threads. And I do test your combos. They are good for limited mostly. Please don't leave man.
Thanks guys. at least I know theres a minority that does appreciate my membership on the wbo...
DON'T YOU DARE LEAVE! I NEED OPPONENTS LIKE YOU TO CHALLENGE! IF YOU LEAVE THEN I'LL BE STUCK HERE WITH A BUNCH OF KIDS! well, except for the Dragon Emperor and whoever the Leone wielder is. But you get my point don't you! I need you! We need you!
Hmph, looks like I'm late to the party, welp time for me to play my role in here.

(Sep. 28, 2015  1:37 AM)Siⱺn Wrote: Thanks guys. at least I know theres a minority that does appreciate my membership on the wbo...

I've been on another forum today and there we had a similar situation like this one where the user at hand questioned his value to the online community as well as his action to the forum. Ironically those managers of the community didn't participate.....which is flat out depressing since in a situation like this they can't be to black and white. It shows off a selective perspective on those on the site. As well as who they deem as a native player as well as those as an unimportant guest.

well here's my thought, your importance here is the same as everyone elses, there is no ways to walk around this. I'm not saying you should quit, by all means. That's heartless, I'm not going to persuade you to stay because your history here and my history here are two totally different stories. The only relatable parts are of the course. As one mod i know puts it "Feathers to ignore, tears that can't go unmissed" though in a nutshell. Basically we're active fallers but if we left our impact would't remotely be significant. just like any other user here. Big picture really as we're all replaceable. If it were me instead of you leaving you'd see a contrast possible (A big one actually). Though I just want you to think about it, Sion. You know I've never been to hostile towards you, let alone critiqued those unless I'm willing to get critiqued because lolthat'srude. So, try those thoughts my friend.

(Sep. 28, 2015  1:47 AM)Tiger Empress Wrote: DON'T YOU DARE LEAVE! I NEED OPPONENTS LIKE YOU TO CHALLENGE! IF YOU LEAVE THEN I'LL BE STUCK HERE WITH A BUNCH OF KIDS! well, except for the Dragon Emperor and whoever the Leone wielder is. But you get my point don't you! I need you! We need you!

Let this be your little information bottle for a moment.
Dude, don't leave, it won't help the situation at all. I know sometimes some people don't always pay attention to our posts, it might not be fun, but it's normal. We can't reply to every single post, and unfortunately, some people might find some topics more interesting than others.

I was just like you when I joined the WBO, I opened threads that ended up being closed, and people were not paying much attention to me. It's just normal. We don't know you yet.

What I'm trying to say is that you really should stay with us, you're a cool guy, and right now our forum needs members like you.