My new job at MEGA

This is probably the most important news announcement I've ever written, and I'm feeling both excited and sad about this. I won't waste any time, so let's get to it.

Most of you know that I went to visit MEGA Brands Inc. and the Battle Strikers team last week. What I haven't told you is that while there, they offered me a job working on Battle Strikers. After some deliberation, I've decided to take it.

I know a lot of you view Battle Strikers as "the enemy", and I can understand how you might feel that way. However, Battle Strikers plays very differently from Beyblade. Plus, if there's room for hundreds of card games in the world, there's room for two spinning top games. And with myself working on this project, I know that we can make this toyline great; I know what works in games like this, and I know what players want, which is why the WBO was made in the first place. Hasbro and Takara-Tomy have ignored us constantly, and now this company is reaching out. I'll take it, and I'll do what I can to make Battle Strikers a better game than Beyblade. I hope you'll join me for this.

However, make no mistake; I am still a Blader, and the WBO is not closing. However, because of the obvious conflict of interest I am going to start backing off from WBO activities and pushing more responsibility to the rest of the Committee members until I am eventually a regular member.

In this life, we cannot gain anything without sacrificing something. I'm twenty years old now, and for me, this is a dream job in a dream industry. It's what I have always wanted, and it's unreasonable for anyone to expect me to give that up for a fansite. I sincerely hope all of you are happy for me, and will wish me the best.

If you're not happy for me, don't post here. Other members of the Committee will be banning any members on the spot for harassing comments. I have worked hard to achieve this, and I would ask you to respect that.

Thanks so much for all your support over these years. You've all made my dreams possible.
I'm pumped to move to Montreal Smile
All my best wishes Brad, I know this is a FANTASTIC opportunity for you.

I hope you enjoy this job to the fullest extent and make Battle Strikers something great for everyone who plays it. If anyone knows what fans of the spinning/battling top hobby want, it's surely you.

so, Congrats!
Have fun!
*cry*cry* awesome speech thingy.
Go Brad!
Congrats man, great to see you got a job you've always wanted.
Congrats Brad!
Wow! Congratulations Brad! All the best on your new job Grin
I hope things will turn out great, and make sure you enjoy it! xD

All the best Smile
Omega.
0.0 Damn. It's awesome that you got offered a job. Battle Strikers will be even more awesomenow XD. Good luck with everything. <3
Congrats man! Totally glad you got this job, after all the work you`ve put into this site, you really deserve this.

Don`t foget meeeee ^.-
Haha, I'm still here, I won't forget anyone Wink
Wow. Thats a great job you've got there. So whatdya do there?

Btw,
Quote:if there's room for hundreds of card games in the world, there's room for two spinning top games.
Amen.

EDIT: Oh yeah, so will the WBO become the WTTKEOO (World Tops That Kill Each Other Organazation)? Maybe not that name, but will battle strikers now be a part of the WBO?
I about started crying >.>

But congrats on the job! I hope it takes you a long way into this industry you wanted to be in!!!

So basically youll just like Battle Stikers and pay more attention to them and youll make them like your new best hobby and Beyblade just a regular hobby and youll be a normal member here?
I hope they pay a good salary. I happy that you've found a job that you can happily arrive to everyday.
...wow

seriously, congrats man
This makes battle strikers all the more awesome.
The fact that somebody like you will be working on it means the future looks very bright indeed.

go brad! *cheers*

edit:

quoting slammin:

If you love your job, you'll never work a day in your life.
Seeing as you labored endlessly on us as well, its good to see this happen.

A toast
*holds up pop tart*
To Mr. Brad Tiller.
Wow, I'm so amazed at how far you've come.

Since my early days on OtC you've always been so determined to just make the community just work. I guess that is pretty much evident in Beywiki, and now WBO. I grew up with a huge sense of admiration for what you did for the hobby, and I continue to harbour a lot of respect for you as a person; this only serves to bolster my opinion of you.

I am really proud of you as well, for what it's worth, and I am absolutely gutted to see that you won't be such a prominent member anymore.

Good luck with everything Bradley.
(Aug. 09, 2009  3:20 AM)firelord767 Wrote: Wow. Thats a great job you've got there. So whatdya do there?

Btw, Amen.

EDIT: Oh yeah, so will the WBO become the WTTKEOO (World Tops That Kill Each Other Organazation)? Maybe not that name, but will battle strikers now be a part of the WBO?

I wouldn't count on ever seeing any Battle Strikers crossover content here. I'll be working on the official site.
Wow! That's really awesome, congratulations!
I don't really know what Battle Strikers are, sadly Pinching_eyes_2
But it's still awesome! Have a good time working on your dream job! Stupid
This is kinda sad Blading wont be the same without you
but its also a good thing its your dream job good luck brad Smile
Congratulations Brad! We are all happy for you, and we'll be cheering you on!
Wow.
CongratulationsGrin I'm very happy for you!^^
When are you moving?!?! U're moving to my city=00 (YAY)
Brad will probably moving over in September, I'll be coming as soon as I can after that.