My last proposal...possibly ?

Hello Beyblade community!!!

As the title states this is a proposal that I am writing up, that may be my last, at least for a while anyway. I have to put some energy and focus into other areas of my life (personal and beyblade) so I won't be on the threads too much. These proposals are towards staff and the WBO community as a whole. But here it goes.

1. (For Staff) This is the most important topic to me, and why its first. Your organizers are your voice and your guides, especially the consistently active ones. I know staff is staff and coordinates the decisions and structure within the WBO but in regards to the community as a whole, the real world community, Organizers are the individuals who interact with them. They are the voice of the WBO. They help promote this community more than anyone else. They are better than social media, google searches and word of mouth. The organizers meet and speak with kids, parents and bladers of all ages. They are the direct representatives of the WBO. Their opinion on rules and changes in the organization should be taken into high consideration because more times than not, their opinions are from what they see in the real world community we are building in various locations throughout North America and/or the world.

2. (Growth) I honestly don't know the full point I am trying to make with this second one but pretty much it involves the growth of the community. I have not been apart of this community for a very long time. It has only been for about 2 years and honestly I do feel bad voicing my opinion at times because I feel like the "new guy" who is trying to shake things up. But that is not my intention. What I have seen though is a longing for expansion and growth with the WBO within Beyblade. We don't have TT or Hasbro support. We just have each other. But that's a great thing. We are able to take care of our hobbies and interest with and for one another. We don't have to ask for permission from some corporation on when or how we play. We can just play. With that we have to keep growing and adapting with the times. We can't grow stale. COVID put a set back on things but recently I have seen the growth and revamp of the WBO. It's something I want to continue to see prosper. I am just a dad, a nerd dad who would have loved to have something like this as a kid, unfortunately the internet was not on this scale when I was 10-12 years old...dial up was legit in its day but ya'll are blessed to not deal with it haha. With staff, I will be honest, you have some staff who are 100% about progression and helping this sport, this community and beyblade and others it seems are not too involved at all. If you want to move anything forward you must have members on your team who are helping you achieve victory and not just going along for the ride. There are also several dads and players who have amazing ideas and plans for growth. Speaking with them from time to time could help the overall community 100%.

3. (Assistance) This will be my last topic and if you are debating on becoming an organizer PLEASE READ!!! I really want to help spread the joy of beyblade. My lifestyle and our family store is more than beyblade to me. It's the hobby lifestyle of living what you enjoy and escaping the worry of real life to be apart of something fun and exciting away from the stress of the world. Anyway, we know it is tough to become an organizer beyond the quiz. Stadiums and other equipment are tough to get. Unfortunately, we can not provide B-09 stadiums (they are super expensive for us too) but we can help with getting organizer starter kits for currently unranked events. We can provide new organizers with a basic hasbro stadium, prizes (free or discounted) and assistance with using challonge if you need it. The key thing is the stadium because I understand it can be tough to host an event if you don't have a stadium to even play in. We are offering this for free. Just reach out to me via DM or email contact.us@four-gaming.com  this is on my own behalf and not initiated by the WBO.

I know that "ranked" events draw people out but if that is what is holding you back from hosting or the fact of not having a stadium at all then please don't let that hold you back. If you can go to your local target or Walmart and look at the beyblade section, if they are sold out or selling out then you should know that you have a community in your area. They don't have to use TT, they don't have to know about the WBO yet, they just have to have an interest in beyblade and if you're willing then you can become an organizer and draw your local bladers out to play. 

Remember that your first event does not have to have 24 participants. I started with less than 10 and Florida, one of the most active communities now, started with a tournament with barely 8 players. But they grew and so can you. Players come and then they tell a friend who tells a friend and then BOOM you have a thriving community. Don't get discouraged from starting off small, just start 😎.

Take care everyone! Keep blading hard!!!
(Apr. 15, 2022  4:43 AM)StayCool Wrote: Hello Beyblade community!!!

As the title states this is a proposal that I am writing up, that may be my last, at least for a while anyway. I have to put some energy and focus into other areas of my life (personal and beyblade) so I won't be on the threads too much. These proposals are towards staff and the WBO community as a whole. But here it goes.

1. (For Staff) This is the most important topic to me, and why its first. Your organizers are your voice and your guides, especially the consistently active ones. I know staff is staff and coordinates the decisions and structure within the WBO but in regards to the community as a whole, the real world community, Organizers are the individuals who interact with them. They are the voice of the WBO. They help promote this community more than anyone else. They are better than social media, google searches and word of mouth. The organizers meet and speak with kids, parents and bladers of all ages. They are the direct representatives of the WBO. Their opinion on rules and changes in the organization should be taken into high consideration because more times than not, their opinions are from what they see in the real world community we are building in various locations throughout North America and/or the world.

2. (Growth) I honestly don't know the full point I am trying to make with this second one but pretty much it involves the growth of the community. I have not been apart of this community for a very long time. It has only been for about 2 years and honestly I do feel bad voicing my opinion at times because I feel like the "new guy" who is trying to shake things up. But that is not my intention. What I have seen though is a longing for expansion and growth with the WBO within Beyblade. We don't have TT or Hasbro support. We just have each other. But that's a great thing. We are able to take care of our hobbies and interest with and for one another. We don't have to ask for permission from some corporation on when or how we play. We can just play. With that we have to keep growing and adapting with the times. We can't grow stale. COVID put a set back on things but recently I have seen the growth and revamp of the WBO. It's something I want to continue to see prosper. I am just a dad, a nerd dad who would have loved to have something like this as a kid, unfortunately the internet was not on this scale when I was 10-12 years old...dial up was legit in its day but ya'll are blessed to not deal with it haha. With staff, I will be honest, you have some staff who are 100% about progression and helping this sport, this community and beyblade and others it seems are not too involved at all. If you want to move anything forward you must have members on your team who are helping you achieve victory and not just going along for the ride. There are also several dads and players who have amazing ideas and plans for growth. Speaking with them from time to time could help the overall community 100%.

3. (Assistance) This will be my last topic and if you are debating on becoming an organizer PLEASE READ!!! I really want to help spread the joy of beyblade. My lifestyle and our family store is more than beyblade to me. It's the hobby lifestyle of living what you enjoy and escaping the worry of real life to be apart of something fun and exciting away from the stress of the world. Anyway, we know it is tough to become an organizer beyond the quiz. Stadiums and other equipment are tough to get. Unfortunately, we can not provide B-09 stadiums (they are super expensive for us too) but we can help with getting organizer starter kits for currently unranked events. We can provide new organizers with a basic hasbro stadium, prizes (free or discounted) and assistance with using challonge if you need it. The key thing is the stadium because I understand it can be tough to host an event if you don't have a stadium to even play in. We are offering this for free. Just reach out to me via DM or email contact.us@four-gaming.com  this is on my own behalf and not initiated by the WBO.

I know that "ranked" events draw people out but if that is what is holding you back from hosting or the fact of not having a stadium at all then please don't let that hold you back. If you can go to your local target or Walmart and look at the beyblade section, if they are sold out or selling out then you should know that you have a community in your area. They don't have to use TT, they don't have to know about the WBO yet, they just have to have an interest in beyblade and if you're willing then you can become an organizer and draw your local bladers out to play. 

Remember that your first event does not have to have 24 participants. I started with less than 10 and Florida, one of the most active communities now, started with a tournament with barely 8 players. But they grew and so can you. Players come and then they tell a friend who tells a friend and then BOOM you have a thriving community. Don't get discouraged from starting off small, just start 😎.

Take care everyone! Keep blading hard!!!

Dang, all of this stuff really packs a punch. Thanks for hanging around here and hosting so many Tournaments. It's been nice to have you on the WBO nowadays and you've always been helpful on the WBO and sometimes just to me personally. I hope you get a well-spent break and get to spend lots more time with your Friends, Families, and other important areas in your life. I'll miss you actively coming and giving your opinion on the WBO. If you ever need anything, Beyblade Wise or even just Personally Wise, the WBO is here for you and will always be.

I'll miss reading all of your Interesting posts and please don't sue me when I say this but Stay Cool.
Hi StayCool,

First off, thank you for the detailed and, as always, insightful post. Your perspective is always appreciated.

I cannot speak for the WBO Staff as a whole - I am a small and very new part thereof, but I want to reassure you that we are looking to improve and expand how we engage with Organizers and their communities and how we build and support those communities. While we aren't in a position to speak publicly about these initiatives and changes at this time, there are a lot of things in the works that will hopefully address concerns frequently raised by our Organizers, competitors as well as regular members. For my part while I am mainly focused on helping draw attention to the tournaments they run I also hope to highlight the work Organizers put in, both externally and internally, as well as any significant concerns they may have about how we do things.

A lot is happening in the background right now and I am hopeful more of this work will start to become obvious - in fact, today's announcement while it may seem minor is part of a concerted and large-scale effort to improve things for Organizers and Players. Please bear with us - one thing I can say I have learnt in the past 24 hours or so is that the community's concerns are heard a lot more clearly and taken a lot more seriously than they may think.
I definitely do agree with you when you say that we organizers play a HUGE role in spreading the community around. Heck, one of my last tournaments, half the participants didn’t show (8/16) and I got the other 8 from people who saw the event and didn’t even have WBO accounts!

However, I have not come to a point where I have needed to propose a rule change or anything yet. I also want to say as I have said many times that we have a great team of staff, and it sometimes might look like they aren’t putting much effort into each individual issue or proposal, but I assure you, they are working hard behind the scenes. I agree that we organizers are a big part of our community growth, and the staff overlook it all, but truly it’s our members who hold it all together.

Now I may not be part of the staff, but I can say that they are great. So are we. So are our members. We each play a role in holding our community together, but as you said in some cases different people play different and more or less important roles.

I hope what I said may be of benefit to the discussion, and I wish you good luck StayCool.