My Short Comedy Stories!

I find doing novels hard, so I decided to do short stories which fell in the "comedy" genre. So here is my first Short Comedy Story!

My Sad Yet Awesome Life (Click to View)
The Society Part 1 (Click to View)

Please leave feedbacks! More short stories coming soon!
I made a new short comedy story, you won't find it that funny but part 1 is only released. So be patient for part 2 of my new short comedy The Society
Well... These seem more obscene than funny, honestly. Toilet humor isn't great nowadays. Rant-humor, however, is VERY hard to pull off. It's too hit-or-miss. Watch "Totally Biased: with W. Kumau Bell". His jokes are all ranty, but they're either hilarious or hardly chuckle-worthy. Now, the idea is pretty cool. Writing comedy in place of performing it is a great idea. It's just got to flow better, have pristine grammar, and actually seem like someone could perform it.

I understand humor writing and comedy writing can be different. I get that. You still have to look at it the same way. Your goal is to get laughs, right? Then your goal in ranty-types, like The Society, should be to poke fun at norms, and address them in a funny, yet still true, way. You can't just point out what's wrong. That's depressing or boring. You've got to spin it so either the problem seems ridiculously bad, or the solution is just hilarious.

Anything else is up in the air. In comedy, your goal is to get some type of feeling. Humor writing works the same way. Toilet humor with no plot (Unless it has such a pathetic plot, it's funny... See Raigeko13/Th!nk's parody of modern WBO writing to get what I mean) isn't going to draw anything from anyone but a tired groan. While it's meant to be funny, a plot is still necessary. It can't be too ridiculous.

Sorry 'bout that. I'm not putting you down or anything. Those were pointers on how to make your stories a bit funnier. Think of them like a written comedy concert. Rather, study your favorite comedian and try to implement his/her tendencies into your writing.
Thanks Grin This will definitely help me out!