My Problem With Beyblade Burst (Anime)

Since this community isn't very active, I'll make this short. Beyblade Burst is a cool anime but the battles are so-so. In the previous series, the Metal saga, the battles were very intense. As a kid, I was really excited to see the various matchups and all the special moves.
Beyblade Burst feels more realistic...They spin around like the actual toys sometimes. Apparently, a hype moment for the characters is when a bey takes the center and....waits for their opponent to stop spinning.
Beyblade has never been a realistic series so I don't know why they changed things here. The Metal saga had a pretty great formula for battles which could have just been carried over to this anime. They have "launches" in this series. Some of them are alright but the characters don't always use them. Special moves were used a lot and I wish the launches were too. The battles feel too normal now.
I think the idea of Burst's more realistic battles are to act as sort of tutorials for viewers (mainly kids) on how to launch a certain bey so kids can imitate what happens in the anime, kind of like the show is saying something like "Okay kids, you wanna know how to launch your own bey to win against certain beys? Here's how...". Of course, some things get exaggerated but the realism makes you appreciate the parts they advertise as they mostly focus on why these gimmicks are cool. I mean MFB advertises parts too, but most of the parts they advertise never really did that much other than act as a hinderance as they mainly go back to resorting to supernatural moves anyway whilst the Beyblade Burst seasons uses the gimmicks of the beys for special moves. That's not me saying Burst's battles are better (I think both eras had cool battles in their own right) but that's pretty much the reason why they made the battles more realistic.

And whilst we're on the subjects of MFB battles, I do agree that their battles were more intense and broke more limitations outside of relying on their advertised parts, they have been getting a bit repetitive personally. Like how many battles end with a massive explosion, smoke clouds covering the arena until the reveal of which bey lost? Quite a lot of them.
Also, the special moves in later seasons of the Metal Saga have gotten really samey and boring. Like in the OG seasons, early MFB seasons and Burst, I remember a lot of their special moves (with some exceptions of course) but with seasons like Metal Fury/4D and Zero-G, besides a few, most of their special moves were just them glowing and charging.
In early MFB, I could remember moves like Pegasis "Starblast Attack" or Sagittario's "Flame Claw" as they were distinct and unique moves but in later seasons, do you even remember moves like Quetzalcoatl's "Ishtal Impact"? I mean I could not for the life of me remember any special moves from beys like Mercury Anubis, Beat Lynx or Death Quetzalcoatl at all just to name a few.
(Jan. 07, 2020  8:31 AM)mackkaren Wrote: Since this community isn't very active, I'll make this short. Beyblade Burst is a cool anime but the battles are so-so. In the previous series, the Metal saga, the battles were very intense. As a kid, I was really excited to see the various matchups and all the special moves.
Beyblade Burst feels more realistic...They spin around like the actual toys sometimes. Apparently, a hype moment for the characters is when a bey takes the center and....waits for their opponent to stop spinning.
Beyblade has never been a realistic series so I don't know why they changed things here. The Metal saga had a pretty great formula for battles which could have just been carried over to this anime. They have "launches" in this series. Some of them are alright but the characters don't always use them. Special moves were used a lot and I wish the launches were too. The battles feel too normal now.

Uh... Yeah... I'm not quite sure what you're getting at, because personally, in metal fusion, you could barely tell that they were spinning. So thats one reason why burst is as good, if not better, than MF. Also, MF was kinda cringy to be honest. And the battles were just shapes bumping into each other until they stop. And their designs are all identical except maybe color.
I honestly find both series to be pretty repetitive. Almost all the burst battles basically all depend on which bey was released later, or plot relevance. And on the topic of relevance, burst is terrible with relevance. A new character can be introduced, and then become trash, literally the next episode. The battles are predictable, and they are almost always this routine(unless it is a special battle): over/spin finish by opposing blader, over/spin finish for main blader, then depending on how many points are needed to win, over for opponent, or burst for main blader. If special, the battles either follow this routine with better animation, or have a lot more bursts and/or draws.

Metal Fight was predictable, but not to the same extent. I don't really know what to say about the metal fight anime, except for the fact that characters actually developed a bit more. While burst has character development as well, I still feel like metal fight was just more fun to watch, due to less fillers, and more plot and action.
(Jan. 07, 2020  9:13 PM)Suoh sadboii Wrote: I honestly find both series to be pretty repetitive. Almost all the burst battles basically all depend on which bey was released later, or plot relevance. And on the topic of relevance, burst is terrible with relevance. A new character can be introduced, and then become trash, literally the next episode. The battles are predictable, and they are almost always this routine(unless it is a special battle): over/spin finish by opposing blader, over/spin finish for main blader, then depending on how many points are needed to win, over for opponent, or burst for main blader. If special, the battles either follow this routine with better animation, or have a lot more bursts and/or draws.

Metal Fight was predictable, but not to the same extent. I don't really know what to say about the metal fight anime, except for the fact that characters actually developed a bit more. While burst has character development as well, I still feel like metal fight was just more fun to watch, due to less fillers, and more plot and action.

i agree much more, but to be fair i think MF had more detail behind they beyblades(not animation) not sure if anyone noticed , but the beys are named after constellations. while burst just has well Doomcizor
(Jan. 08, 2020  2:22 AM)Edallurs2.0 Wrote:
(Jan. 07, 2020  9:13 PM)Suoh sadboii Wrote: I honestly find both series to be pretty repetitive. Almost all the burst battles basically all depend on which bey was released later, or plot relevance. And on the topic of relevance, burst is terrible with relevance. A new character can be introduced, and then become trash, literally the next episode. The battles are predictable, and they are almost always this routine(unless it is a special battle): over/spin finish by opposing blader, over/spin finish for main blader, then depending on how many points are needed to win, over for opponent, or burst for main blader. If special, the battles either follow this routine with better animation, or have a lot more bursts and/or draws.

i agree much more, but to be fair i think MF had more detail behind they beyblades(not animation) not sure if anyone noticed , but the beys are named after constellations. while burst just has well Doomcizor

but the name doomscisor is a Hasbro mistake of a strange naming by changing their original names ,all burst bets are from myth doomscisor or deashscyther for tt is basically the Japanese death god aka shinigami all burst beys are based on ancien mythology in general it's s Mix of monsters,  beast are you can find artifacts ots also has monsters who also is constellations   .
(Jan. 08, 2020  3:12 AM)God Dragruler Wrote:
(Jan. 08, 2020  2:22 AM)Edallurs2.0 Wrote: i agree much more, but to be fair i think MF had more detail behind they beyblades(not animation) not sure if anyone noticed , but the beys are named after constellations. while burst just has well Doomcizor

but the name doomscisor is a Hasbro mistake of a strange naming by changing their original names ,all burst bets are from myth doomscisor or deashscyther for tt is basically the Japanese death god aka shinigami all burst beys are based on ancien mythology in general it's s Mix of monsters,  beast are you can find artifacts ots also has monsters who also is constellations   .
and which do you think is better ?
I think is because of the reused animation sometimes it just feels weird and boring i hope burst give us more new animation in the future
(Jan. 07, 2020  8:51 AM)LOL-y Rancher Wrote: I think the idea of Burst's more realistic battles are to act as sort of tutorials for viewers (mainly kids) on how to launch a certain bey so kids can imitate what happens in the anime, kind of like the show is saying something like "Okay kids, you wanna know how to launch your own bey to win against certain beys? Here's how...". Of course, some things get exaggerated but the realism makes you appreciate the parts they advertise as they mostly focus on why these gimmicks are cool. I mean MFB advertises parts too, but most of the parts they advertise never really did that much other than act as a hinderance as they mainly go back to resorting to supernatural moves anyway whilst the Beyblade Burst seasons uses the gimmicks of the beys for special moves. That's not me saying Burst's battles are better (I think both eras had cool battles in their own right) but that's pretty much the reason why they made the battles more realistic.

And whilst we're on the subjects of MFB battles, I do agree that their battles were more intense and broke more limitations outside of relying on their advertised parts, they have been getting a bit repetitive personally. Like how many battles end with a massive explosion, smoke clouds covering the arena until the reveal of which bey lost? Quite a lot of them.
Also, the special moves in later seasons of the Metal Saga have gotten really samey and boring. Like in the OG seasons, early MFB seasons and Burst, I remember a lot of their special moves (with some exceptions of course) but with seasons like Metal Fury/4D and Zero-G, besides a few, most of their special moves were just them glowing and charging.
In early MFB, I could remember moves like Pegasis "Starblast Attack" or Sagittario's "Flame Claw" as they were distinct and unique moves but in later seasons, do you even remember moves like Quetzalcoatl's "Ishtal Impact"? I mean I could not for the life of me remember any special moves from beys like Mercury Anubis, Beat Lynx or Death Quetzalcoatl at all just to name a few.

I can kinda agree and disagree with this:
Fury/4D and Zero G's actually stem from a different problem. Many of the bladers established beforehand season 3 had a lot of uniqueness and distinction with their special moves and battling style. But because between episodes 26 and 39 were about finally getting all of the Legendary Bladers together, we didn't have enough time for more unique and longer battles for more techniques. That being said there was some variety:
Aguma's Ring of Destruction was more focused on a wider range of wind, Dynamis literally summoned lighting, Tithi's literally strangled the opposing bey, Chris was really the only one who's bey was a bit ambiguous. Heck, King had the most variety in his movepool and is one of the few people who contributed to a Joint Special Move.

The major reason no one remembers Yuki/Mercury's Anubis's special move is because the dub cut out when he said the name in his match with Ryuga. They only briefly brought it up when he used it against Ryuga.

The major problem with Zero G was that 1/3 of the cast didn't even have Specials or enough battles to have an established fighting style. No water elements barring Genjuro had any. Karura, Gen, and Spike were antagonists who didn't have any either. Its a shame especially since the other DNA bladers were homages to the original G Revolutions. I don't think Zero G was devoid of variety: Zero had a balance of mimicking Gingka and having his own fighting style, Shinobu with illusions, Ren being a copycat, Takanosuke's rushdown, Sakyo and Kira's overwhelming power, and Yoshio's defense. Even Arrow's tornadoes were something.

Burst's main issue that season 1 was the closest to avoiding this, but in every season, that nears its endgame, only a select few number of characters got the focus and improvements in their battling style. The main consensus is to jump to Cho-Z for this, but God also suffered from this too: Valt, Cuza, Boa and Free were the only ones to try something new. Sisco and Joshua spiced up how they handled their battles and Norman and Kuza brought something new to the table but everyone else was kinda samey. GT hasn't ended yet, but so far, Drum, Delta, Gwyn, even Fumiya and Blind have spiced it up even if the end results weren't up to pass.

And yeah, Burst has a predictable style for certain characters/events, i.e., Valt losing to a over/spin finish, then winning the next round(s) with a Burst Finish between his matches in the District Tournaments, but let's not discredit some of the amazing battles we've had: Valt vs Quon, Sisco vs Joshua, Kitt vs Aiga, Wakiya vs Xhaka (both times), Drum vs Joe, Aiga vs Suoh, Valt vs Hearts, Cuza vs Kurtz, Drum vs Gwyn, Joshua being the second character getting a point off Free, Daigo vs Joshua all had a level of diversity, action, animation and creativity in them.
(Jan. 08, 2020  12:19 PM)Edallurs2.0 Wrote:
(Jan. 08, 2020  3:12 AM)God Dragruler Wrote: but the name doomscisor is a Hasbro mistake of a strange naming by changing their original names ,all burst bets are from myth doomscisor or deashscyther for tt is basically the Japanese death god aka shinigami all burst beys are based on ancien mythology in general it's s Mix of monsters,  beast are you can find artifacts ots also has monsters who also is constellations   .
and which do you think is better ?

As a kid I grew up with the original series takao/tyson , kai ect. Than watch metal saga and ofcourse now were on burst each generation has their thing the previous 2 had mythical elements going on like creating real fire bladers physically capable of destroying earth and that was great for the series , burst on the other hand is more realistic with how beys battle (aside from the dark resonance or possession and some talk to their beys those shenanigans ) which I also like cause it was something different from the previous 2, each series has their own thing that I like just like each have a thing that I'm not fan of aka season ,but globally I don't really have that much of a preference between burst metal saga that much i view each generation as it is . But I'll tell you that the original series has a special place in heart above metal saga or burst and that's not going to change .  Aside from that when someone says the like this generation better and has a good argument to why the like it I fully respect that cause I can see where the person is coming from. Post got longer than I attended to lol
(Jan. 08, 2020  4:39 PM)Strider Xanthos Wrote: I can kinda agree and disagree with this:
Fury/4D and Zero G's actually stem from a different problem. Many of the bladers established beforehand season 3 had a lot of uniqueness and distinction with their special moves and battling style. But because between episodes 26 and 39 were about finally getting all of the Legendary Bladers together, we didn't have enough time for more unique and longer battles for more techniques. That being said there was some variety:
Aguma's Ring of Destruction was more focused on a wider range of wind, Dynamis literally summoned lighting, Tithi's literally strangled the opposing bey, Chris was really the only one who's bey was a bit ambiguous. Heck, King had the most variety in his movepool and is one of the few people who contributed to a Joint Special Move.

The major reason no one remembers Yuki/Mercury's Anubis's special move is because the dub cut out when he said the name in his match with Ryuga. They only briefly brought it up when he used it against Ryuga.

The major problem with Zero G was that 1/3 of the cast didn't even have Specials or enough battles to have an established fighting style. No water elements barring Genjuro had any. Karura, Gen, and Spike were antagonists who didn't have any either. Its a shame especially since the other DNA bladers were homages to the original G Revolutions. I don't think Zero G was devoid of variety: Zero had a balance of mimicking Gingka and having his own fighting style, Shinobu with illusions, Ren being a copycat, Takanosuke's rushdown, Sakyo and Kira's overwhelming power, and Yoshio's defense. Even Arrow's tornadoes were something.

Burst's main issue that season 1 was the closest to avoiding this, but in every season, that nears its endgame, only a select few number of characters got the focus and improvements in their battling style. The main consensus is to jump to Cho-Z for this, but God also suffered from this too: Valt, Cuza, Boa and Free were the only ones to try something new. Sisco and Joshua spiced up how they handled their battles and Norman and Kuza brought something new to the table but everyone else was kinda samey. GT hasn't ended yet, but so far, Drum, Delta, Gwyn, even Fumiya and Blind have spiced it up even if the end results weren't up to pass.

And yeah, Burst has a predictable style for certain characters/events, i.e., Valt losing to a over/spin finish, then winning the next round(s) with a Burst Finish between his matches in the District Tournaments, but let's not discredit some of the amazing battles we've had: Valt vs Quon, Sisco vs Joshua, Kitt vs Aiga, Wakiya vs Xhaka (both times), Drum vs Joe, Aiga vs Suoh, Valt vs Hearts, Cuza vs Kurtz, Drum vs Gwyn, Joshua being the second character getting a point off Free, Daigo vs Joshua all had a level of diversity, action, animation and creativity in them.

Okay, let me address this (it's a very long response):

For the record, Burst is certainly not perfect either. There are definitely some forgettable special moves such as Kensuke's "Chain Shoot", Daina's "Shake Shoot", Orochi's "Blast Beat" or Blind's "Dread Crash" but at least they had memorable animation sequences (sometimes) to signify that the move is coming.

And yeah, Burst has some very predictable battles and it gets worse in later seasons but it never felt as repetitive as later seasons of MFB's battles did IMO. Is it tiring that nearly all battles end in a Burst? Yes, but if it's done differently enough to be memorable then it's not really too much of an issue for me.

At the end of the day, it's all just our opinions and these are strictly mine.
I'm just waiting for Season 5 to get better and pick up that declining interest of burst.