My Defence combo

Pulled out the beyblades for the first time in years. Still had some combos in tack so ill start with this while i work on puting the rest back together.

AR:Upper Dragoon
WD: 10 Heavy
SG: HMC Right ( belive it was called )
BB: Metal Ball Base (4 balls)

The direction i was going on this one was to add as much weight as i can to one blade. The tip is metal which i usualy dont like for defence blades because its to easy to move. But with the heavy AR (are there heavyer? ) and the 4 balls the movement is reduced as much as posible from the weight.

So let me know what you think and any suggestion
Pretty standard Defenser, it's good though. Wide Defense WD would be an improvement.
I keep my only wide defence on my spin stealer and im way to lazy to switch between battles lol. I never tryed it out but i will now that you mention it.

Either way im going for the heaviest combo i can make with the metal ball base and (i might be wrong) but 10 heavy is heavier.

Ill try Wide defence out for sure though
Just because it's heavier doesn't necessarily mean better Defense.
I know im going for heavy though =]
In that case, Upper Dragoon is not the heaviest plastic AR available.

http://homepage3.nifty.com/hind/sub10-1.htm
I dont even see it on there im probably missing it how many grams is it? The botom one on the right row looks nice for defence. I dont recall it so im assuming its rare

Nice and heavy though
Upper Dragoon is 7g. There are several ARs at 8g.
Hmm but this is close enough; considering the centralized weight (other than the AR), this can pack a large amount of upper, I think. Try launching it tilted rather than straight.
Composer of Requiems Wrote:Hmm but this is close enough; considering the centralized weight (other than the AR), this can pack a large amount of upper, I think. Try launching it tilted rather than straight.

Well ideally i would use this against attack combos, so being tilted i'd be more afraid to get upper attacked. I feel like the risk for tilting outweighs the reward.

Ill deffinitly test it out though. Give you some feedback on that
Tilting is not going to make it any more susceptible to Upper Attack. It's so heavy that Upper isn't a big issue.
Tilting, and launching forward, will give it a better chance of doing a strong upper on the opponent at the start of the match. Also, I think it will be able to maintain angle, so you shouldn't have to worry about tilting affecting survival as much.
im not worried about the survival as much. What i mean is that the blade is tall so im not worried about upper attack from other blades but when its tilted since the AR sticks out from the base so im afraid thats when attack blades can do there thing
Have you tried actually testing this?
yeah i tryed it against Kid dragoon with a 10 wide and again with the same thing but a drigger G AR and against both blades pretty i dident get uppered and neither did the attack tipe blade.
I get the idea though.
Maybe im trying it against the wrong blades
Not my type of thing, but I'd rather go compact on this by using Tiger Defense or War Lion. But yeah, I understand you want more weight.
G Wrote:Not my type of thing, but I'd rather go compact on this by using Tiger Defense or War Lion. But yeah, I understand you want more weight.

I agree, either use Upper Dragoon + Wide Defense or 10-Heavy + War Lion IMO.
Tiger Defense/War Lion + Wide Defense (or MG WD) is still viable. Even if it's not as heavy, it does better at deflecting hits (both ARs and WDs line up nicely) and survival is slightly better as well.
If only this BB wasn't so edgy...low high speed smashers can be troublesome at times because of the recoil, in which case putting on more weight might be the best option. I'd actually worry more about that, than with getting uppered.

Just test several AR/WD variations of the combo and see what does best against smashers, upper attackers and also overall.