My 5 boys first Beyblades...HUGE

HASBRO ONLY
Here is the complete list of the Beyblades v1/v2 and Switchstrike I have collected for my son's over the last few months. The "X" marks the ones I have while ones without I do not.

Energy Layers
X Anubion a2
X betromoth b2
Caynox
X Doomscizor
X Doomscizor d2
Diomedes d2
Evipero
X Evipero e2
Fengriff
Gianon g2
X Horushood
X Horushood
Hyrus h2
X Ifritor i2
Jormuntor j2
X Kerbeus
X Kerbeus k2
Luinor l2
X Minibros
Miniboros m2
X Nepstrius
X Nepstrius n2
X Odax
X Odax 02
Phantazuz
X Quetziko q2
X Roktavor
X Roktavor r2
X Spryzen
X Spryzen s2
X Treptune
Tyros t2
X Unicrest
X Unicrest u2
X Valtryek
X Valtryek v2
X Wyvron
X Wyvron w2
X Xcalius
X Xcalius x2
X Yegdrion
Yedrion y2
X Zeutron z2

Forge Discs
X Armed d10
X Boost d01
X Central d08
X Down d15
X Force d11
X Gravity d03
X Heavy d07
X Infinity d20
X Jerk d24
X Knuckle d02
X Limited d04
X Magnum d19
Nine d23
X Oval d13
Polish d22
Quarter d21
X Ring d09
X Spread d06
X Triple d16
X Upper d14
X Vertical d12
X Wing d05
X Yell d25
Aero, Bumper

Perfomance Tip
X Accel ta01
X Blow ta03
X Claw ts02
Cycle ts08
X Defense td01
X Edge ts03
X Fusion tb01
Gyro ts04
X Hold ta09
X Impact ta08
X Jaggy ta07
X Liner tb05
X Massive td02
X Needle td03
X Orbit td05
X Press td04
X Quake ta04
X Revolve ts05
X Survive ts01
Spiral ta10
Trans tb04
X Unite tb03
X Variable ta06
X Weight ts09
X Xtreme ta05
Yielding ts06
X Zephyr tb02
Assault, Bite

SWITCHSTRIKE
X Cognite
X Doomscizor
X Fafnir
X Fafnir (version 2)
X Garuda
X Valtryek
X Valtryek (version 2)
X Jinnius
X Satomb
X Spryzen
X Roktavor
X Wyvron
Xcalius

SS Forge Discs
X #2 dr32/38
X #4 dr27/29
X #5 dr35
X #6 dr26/31
X #7 d30/dr34
X #8 d28/dr45

SS Perfomance Tip
X tb04
X tb06
X td07
X td08
X td09
X ts01
X ts10
X ta11
X ts11
X ta12
Wow thats awesome, anyways most of us use the names of the weight disk & drivers and not that weird code hasbro come up with ^^;
HASBRO ONLY
Missing from the collection:

V3
Only Xcalius

v1/V2 -I would imagine the missing Energy layers will lead to the missing Forge Discs and Perfomance Tips

Energy Layers Missing:
Caynox (where:2 pack with wyvron2))
Diomedes d2 (where:?)
Evipero (where:single)
Fengriff (where:with Jormunt 2 pack)
Gianon g2 (where:2 pack)
Hyrus h2 (where:?)
Jormuntor j2 (where:with Fengriff 2 pack)
Luinor l2 (where:?) (is there a v1?)
Phantazuz (where:single)
Tyros t2 (where:?)
Yedrion y2 (where:2 separate 2 packs)

Forge Discs Missing:
Nine d23 (where:?)
Polish d22 (where:Phantazuz)
Quarter d21 (where:?)

Performance Tips Missing:
Cycle ts08 (where:Jormuntor)
Gyro ts04 (where:?)
Spiral ta10 (where:?)
Trans tb04 (where:?)
Yielding ts06 (where:?)
The needle driver is found in unicrest
The trans driver is found in cognite and nepstrius
Quarter d21 is found in gaianon g2
Needle is in evipero and unicrest.

spiral and nine are in luinor l2.

hasbro didnt make Yielding. but it can be found in the japanese release of Yegdrion Y2.

trans can be found in Cognite c3. and the japanese release of Nova Nepstrius.

gyro can be found in both the japanese and american releases of Caynox. and in the japanese release of Yegdrion.

quarter can be found in both releases of Gaianon G2

and to answer your question about Luinor. sadly there is no Luinor L1.
looking good beybladerdad

i’m curious, did you guys settle on favorite launcher setups?
what about stadiums?

i know you had plenty of options, but do you folks switch it up or does everyone have their favorites?

also
do you have any custom in-house rules to promote fair play for everyone?

i’m always looking to better balance things when playing at home, and welcome any advice you have

we have a “one Sr or one mG, but not both layers” rule that works really well for our modified deck format
Make sure they understand how lucky they are
(Apr. 03, 2018  7:27 AM)RedPanda2 Wrote: i’m curious, did you guys settle on favorite launcher setups?
what about stadiums?

i know you had plenty of options, but do you folks switch it up or does everyone have their favorites?

do you have any custom in-house rules to promote fair play for everyone?

i’m always looking to better balance things when playing at home, and welcome any advice you have

We play many types of tournaments: 
We play to 3 or 5 pts. We play a round robin so everyone plays the others. We play build a Bey and stick with it, we have doen pick a top but you can switch parts, we have play only original package builds, we have played strictly version 1 or 2 or 3, we have played only one stadium, we have played where the first point is Blue stadium second point is yellow stadium, and third match is red stadium. 

We have four stadiums Blue,Red, Yellow,Green, and have two black ones on the way (cheap ebay)

Best to worst Launchers:
1. Switchstike package launcher (works best for all)
2. Super Grip (connects to parts for length, longest cord provided, some issues with SS, a close 2nd place) 
3. Blue launcher (I took vice grips to most of ours and ripped off the spinner to use them as launcher handle extensions)
X. Red dual threat (Terrible, spins about 30 seconds shorter, breaks easily, GREAT for little kids though, our youngest is just turning age3 and can use any laucher but prefers the cord) 

All the kids switch but they do have favorites.

We have decided not to have some Beys fight in our personal tournaments.

Banned v1/v2 Beys: Our of all v1/v2 we found that Yedgrion y1 and Unicrest u1 were too good of tops. They are fine for open play but not for tournaments. We just got Unicrest u2 and he is the 3rd best and is banned from tournaments. The close but not banned are Horusood h1 and Kerbeus k2. 

Banned Switchstikes v3 Beys: Garuda who beat EVERY Bey we own including Yedgrion and Unicrests. The other that is banned is Wyvron w3. Now, one key note here, Wyvron did have a little potential to lose a random fight from time to time but would still win. Wyvron w3 is the only SS v3 that can beat Garuda.

OUR GO TO HOUSE RULES:
Pick one Energy Layer (excluding banned)
You can switch tips or discs but not during the match
We rotate stadiums each round for the 3 or 5 points we play to
Bad launches or accidental launches directly to pits are redone

v1/v2- Outspin 1pt, pit out 1 point, open side stadium knock out 1pt, enclosed stadium knockout 2pt (should be 3 its so cool), Burst 2 pts

We are keeping v3 separate, because they perform better per say but because they are harder to burst. We use the same rule as above otherwise.

Some don't have bursts in pits or bursts from wall hits but I think this is part of what your attacking bey already lead them to do. A burst is a burt. We also allow for all beys to jump out of pits if they can fight their way out. Some of the best fights I have seen were with beys surving a pit and jumping back to action.
I'm fairly new to Burst, coming in with the Switchstrike/God layers in February, and I have to say it's really interesting reading about how things worked for the older layers. Thanks for the cool read!

(Apr. 08, 2018  6:59 AM)BeybladerDad Wrote: Banned Switchstikes v3 Beys: Garuda who beat EVERY Bey we own including Yedgrion and Unicrests. The other that is banned is Wyvron w3. Now, one key note here, Wyvron did have a little potential to lose a random fight from time to time but would still win. Wyvron w3 is the only SS v3 that can beat Garuda.

I found this part to be especially interesting, since Wyvron W3 is looked at as not being very good. Maybe the Hasbro version works much better than people expect and needs more testing.

So yeah, thanks for sharing!
(Apr. 08, 2018  7:17 AM)Frostic Fox Wrote: I'm fairly new to Burst, coming in with the Switchstrike/God layers in February, and I have to say it's really interesting reading about how things worked for the older layers. Thanks for the cool read!

(Apr. 08, 2018  6:59 AM)BeybladerDad Wrote: Banned Switchstikes v3 Beys: Garuda who beat EVERY Bey we own including Yedgrion and Unicrests. The other that is banned is Wyvron w3. Now, one key note here, Wyvron did have a little potential to lose a random fight from time to time but would still win. Wyvron w3 is the only SS v3 that can beat Garuda.

I found this part to be especially interesting, since Wyvron W3 is looked at as not being very good. Maybe the Hasbro version works much better than people expect and needs more testing.

So yeah, thanks for sharing!

If that is the case, you should bare in mind that we used the out of box builds for the SS v3s. We just opened them up for bithdays (3 in april). My sons will likely find better FD and PT combos for the Energy Layers once they begin to tinker. 
We are strictly HASBRO. 

Honestly, the saddest realization I have found is that every single version of Valtryek (no matter the build) is terrible. I have seen some have said otherwise but not based on our pool of battles. It looks pretty but it it bad. 

The other thing is that Attack Beys can do some pit out and burst damage but its a bit of luck. It may be more exciting but the consistant path is defense or stamina. I would also debate that balance is really even a thing and even if it is then not being great at one thing is not a good trait for consistant victory.
(Apr. 08, 2018  7:28 AM)BeybladerDad Wrote: If that is the case, you should bare in mind that we used the out of box builds for the SS v3s. We just opened them up for bithdays (3 in april). My sons will likely find better FD and PT combos for the Energy Layers once they begin to tinker. 
We are strictly HASBRO. 

Ah, OK. I did go look at kjrules17's series of tests and saw that it seems to be performing much better than I would expect, given what is said on it. It looks like he'll be testing a top Garuda combo against it soon, and so will see how that goes!

I decided to go the TT route, but I bought the green Fafnir F3 and Wyvron W3 earlier today. I like that green design so much! And I figure I might have something Hasbro if there'd be interest in a Hasbro-only tournament in the area, as I'd be all for supporting that.

(Apr. 08, 2018  7:28 AM)BeybladerDad Wrote: The other thing is that Attack Beys can do some pit out and burst damage but its a bit of luck. It may be more exciting but the consistant path is defense or stamina. I would also debate that balance is really even a thing and even if it is then not being great at one thing is not a good trait for consistant victory.

This is a common complaint I see people bring up about many stadium, that they put the Attack Types at a disadvantage. Many people like the Takara-Tomy Standard-Type Stadium (released multiple times as B-09, B-33, and some special ones) because they find it makes it more equal. The WBO even uses it for the Hasbro-only tournaments because it's more well-rounded.
This is awesome. Now all you need is a TT Standard Burst Stadium!