Music recommendations

I really want some new music to listen to. I've just acquired (downloaded) some 'Rush' to listen to but wanted you lot to recommend some decent music for me. I want some good rock bands. No screamo. No shite. Thanks.

Feel free to ask for others to recommend some music for you too! Or just post in here if you really want to share a band with us.

P.S. - www.torrentz.com
ThreeDaysGrace all the way. It might be a little cliche, but of course if you havn't listened to them yet it's 100% win.
Elmo Wrote:Razorlight!

I don't really like Razorlight. D:

But I'll try out some Three Days Grace!
Alice Wrote:
Elmo Wrote:Razorlight!

I don't really like Razorlight. D:

But I'll try out some Three Days Grace!

Riot, Pain, Animal I Have Become, I Hate Everything About You, Home, and Let You Down are my personal favorites from them. I recommend you listen to all of them and see what you think.
Franz Ferdinand
My Chemical Romance (Welcome to the Black Parade album)
Gackt (I AM RELENTLESS)
the GazettE
Bjork
Panic! at the Disco

Some of these might not fit into "rock band", but SHUT UP
Tamer Brad Wrote:Franz Ferdinand
Hurrah!

Death Cab for Cutie
The Walkmen
Hot Hot Heat
Grin
You might not like the Walkmen or Hot Hot Heat if you don't like Razorlight though....
www.myspace.com/themedicdroid

best song is FSCENE8, but all three of their songs are amazing

also, the two remixes are cool too. can't wait untill they release som new stuff
I got the 'OneX' album by Three Days Grace and it's pretty good. Smile I'd heard 'Animal I have Become' before but I quite enjoyed the rest.

Franz Ferdinand - I'm not a huge fan. I have some songs of theirs though.
Bjork - Not a fan.
MCR (Black Parade album) - Listened to it a while ago and I was pleasantly suprised. After hearing them live (they supported Muse at Wembley Stadium and got booed) I've gone off Gerard's voice. He can't sing for carp.
Gackt - Not a fan, haha

I'll check out The Medic Droid and Death Cab For Cutie, thanks!
whatever queef
You might like The Police if you like Rush. Boston is also another good band. I'd suggest Queen and David Bowie also, if you haven't listened to them. As far as modern stuff, I like Breaking Benjamin. They're along the lines of Three Days Grace. I haven't listened to many modern bands recently. GHIII has put me in this classic rock mood. It will probably last longer than that boy band mood I had a few months back >_>
I think the Police are good choice.
If you really mean to rock, Alice, then Foo Fighters, Finger 11 would be gangsta
and if you haven heard Zepplin then.....like ...wtf get some

oh and RAGE are not exactly rock but the guitar and lyrics are crazy as hell
"MOTHERRFUCKERRS!!!" Serious
The Fratellis.

Also, Ben Folds Five for some kickass piano rock.
Well I think you're already on to them from the What are you listening to thread, but definitely check out some Thursday.

While they do mix in some screamed vocals into their sound (a la Protest the Hero, only much less screaming), their main vocalist has a beautiful voice. Well, on their newest CD "A City by the Light Divided" anyway. (lol vocal coach)

I listen to some pretty niché/obscure stuff, so you might not have heard of any of these bands or may have trouble finding their music, but here goes anyway:

- Isis: Currently quickly rising up my favorite band's list. They treat each release as a complete artistic endeavor and their music is nothing short of innovative. Some very spacey carp going on here. However, I'll warn you ahead of time, they are primarily a metal band so there are some very harsh vocals at times (Growling and the like) but it's done in moderation as the vocals are kept to an absolute minimum as part of their philosophy on music. In particular, seek out their CD "Oceanic". It's what put them on the map and for damn good reason.

- Thrice (Not exactly obscure, but stfu): Thrice has been one of my favorite bands for as long as I can remember. They come from a screamo background but in their latest two releases, "Vheissu" and "The Alchemy Index" (Go after these discs first), have evolved into a very experimental rock style. I've seen them live twice and met them and got their autographs. They're totally grounded dudes and it shows in their music. Plus they've covered Eleanor Rigby and managed not to destroy it. You can't get more awesome than that.

- Pelican: Very atmospheric/experimental rock. They've been labeled an Isis wannabe band, but they've definitely come into their own. If you can find it, "The Fire in Our Throats Will Beckon the Thaw" is an amazing disc.
Atomship, Blindside, Brand New, Funeral for a Friend, The Receiving End of Sirens, Ra, Saosin, Sinch, 30 Seconds to Mars.

I know we both like Muse, so you may like some of these.
30 Seconds to Mars!?
beethoven cello sonata #3
mozart clarinet concerto
tchaiskovsky march slav
Tamer Brad Wrote:30 Seconds to Mars!?

I also wtf'd.
for someone that likes MCR, whats so bad about 30 seconds to mars? im not saying they've wrote a brilliant album like MCR but their sound is similar?
a perfect circle and tool are worth mentioning too

gl alice with DL all dese suggestions
Guitar_Legend Wrote:for someone that likes MCR, whats so bad about 30 seconds to mars? im not saying they've wrote a brilliant album like MCR but their sound is similar?

you think mcr and 30 seconds to mars sound similiar

therefore i don't have to reply to what you've said with any level of seriousness
then i guess theres no room for arguing?
i honestly dont see a huge difference between them
Guitar_Legend Wrote:then i guess theres no room for arguing?
i honestly dont see a huge difference between them

http://www.rollingstone.com/artists/30se...utiful_lie
http://www.rollingstone.com/artists/mych...ack_parade