Music recommendations

SexyMichael Wrote:the Beatles are pretty cool. Have you heard of them Alice?

They're one of those trendy new bands, aren't they - like the Boomtown Rats?
JP you are proving my point. Unhappy
Alice Wrote:
SexyMichael Wrote:the Beatles are pretty cool. Have you heard of them Alice?

They're one of those trendy new bands, aren't they - like the Boomtown Rats?

And the Dave Clarke Five.
Hmm I bet you know most of these names: Nirvana, Red Hot Chilli Peppers,Iron Maiden, ACDC (ofc), Led Zeppelin (even more ofc =P ).
Alice, do you listen to OK Go at all? If not, check them out.
I like Three Days Grace's song, Home, only because I can relate to lyrics, but anyways.

Bands I would recommend: Red, you might have troubles finding their album, they're not all well known, at least not in the UK. But I think they're a good band.

-In Flames if you like the heavy stuff, music good, singer can't sing to save his life though.

Thats all I can think of at the moment.
Can anyone suggest me to some good, upbeat blues artists or blues-influenced-rock? I'm really loving that particular style right now.
bugturtles Wrote:Can anyone suggest me to some good, upbeat blues artists or blues-influenced-rock? I'm really loving that particular style right now.

The Seatbelts
Tokyo Jihen
Tamer Brad Wrote:
bugturtles Wrote:Can anyone suggest me to some good, upbeat blues artists or blues-influenced-rock? I'm really loving that particular style right now.

The Seatbelts
Tokyo Jihen

Awesome! I'll try them out.
Also, see: Stevie Ray Vaughan.

The Seatbelts kick serious carp. Although, I haven't heard anything aside from their Cowboy Bebop stuff.
I searched, and I couldn't find any general bands topic, but I would recommend these to anyone:

Mindless Self Indulgence
My favorite band by far. It doesn't really fall into a genre, but they describe themselves as "industrialjunglepussypunk". Their stuff is as close to insane as you can get while still being coherent. Part of me died inside when their bassist, Lyn-Z, married Gerard Way.

The Arcade Fire
The "popular indie rock" band, and for good reason. These guys came out of nowhere a few years ago and have two albums out: Funeral and Neon Bible. Both are great, I prefer Neon Bible myself. Their songs are like candy, but sometimes sad candy. They never really sing about trivial things, it's always ambiguous or immensely inspirational.

Sigur Ro's [accented o.]
I CANNOT RECOMMEND THESE GUYS ENOUGH. Icelandic rock. Some of the most relaxing, mellow music I've ever heard. If you download one song, get "Salka", it's amazing. The fact that you can't understand anything is a huge asset to this band - every song is a story. The lead singer's voice sounds like a warbling baby whale who is kickass at singing. If I had to recommend an album, I'd go with their Untitled album [none of the songs have a title, listening to the whole thing on a road trip somewhere or if you're just hanging out is insane]. Their new album, Hvarf-Heim, is also excellent.

Coldfusion
These guys weren't together for very long. Catchy heavier rock. Their only good album was Bipolar, and there's no torrents for it. D: It's worth the money to pay for it though.

Counting Crows
Folky rocky goodness. Great band all around.

Pendulum
Great techno. Pick up the Hold Your Colour album.

Placebo
These guys are good, but all their songs sound the same, which is a bummer because I really like the lead singer's voice. Every You Every Me is probably their most well known song, it was on the Cruel Intentions soundtrack. Once More With Feeling is their best album, essentially a best of album, and there really is only a few good songs per album.

Reel Big Fish
Excellent ska band. Saw them live, they're fantastic.

We Are Scientists
They had a popular single, "It's A Hit", but the rest of the "With Love and Squalor" album is just as good, if not arguably better. Poppy rock.

Wheatus
Haha, insanely high-pitched voice. Poppy rock, this band is sometimes fun just to listen to the lead singer swear. Too Soon Monsoon and their self titled album are great.