Music Random Thoughts

(Feb. 22, 2014  6:23 AM)Meeper Wrote: other kinds of music that i like: "EVERYTHING IS AWESOME" from the lego movie, I dont even know who wrote it but it is awesome as the title!

I don't know who wrote it, but the song is sung by Tegan and Sara feat. The Lonely Island. (you should totally check out tegan and sara they're really good)
(Feb. 22, 2014  7:19 AM)NoodooSoup Wrote:
(Feb. 22, 2014  6:23 AM)Meeper Wrote: other kinds of music that i like: "EVERYTHING IS AWESOME" from the lego movie, I dont even know who wrote it but it is awesome as the title!

I don't know who wrote it, but the song is sung by Tegan and Sara feat. The Lonely Island. (you should totally check out tegan and sara they're really good)
ok, well i still think EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!!! well except overpriced coffie that costs 37$ but just checked Tegan and Sara feat out, AMAZING!!!!!!
(Feb. 22, 2014  7:31 AM)Meeper Wrote:
(Feb. 22, 2014  7:19 AM)NoodooSoup Wrote:

ok, well i still think EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!!! well except overpriced coffie that costs 37$ but just checked Tegan and Sara feat out, AMAZING!!!!!!

I love that song! It's so AWESOME!Grin
(Feb. 22, 2014  7:19 AM)NoodooSoup Wrote: I don't know who wrote it, but the song is sung by Tegan and Sara feat. The Lonely Island. (you should totally check out tegan and sara they're really good)

Biased opinion.
Although I really do need to check them out some more. I have heard a few of their songs, and I like the feel of them.

Another band I need to get into more: The Hush Sound. I'd like to blame you for that, Noodoo. You showed me their Wine Red song, and I went and downloaded their other songs afterwards.
(Feb. 22, 2014  10:56 AM)Nano Wrote: Biased opinion.
Although I really do need to check them out some more. I have heard a few of their songs, and I like the feel of them.

Another band I need to get into more: The Hush Sound. I'd like to blame you for that, Noodoo. You showed me their Wine Red song, and I went and downloaded their other songs afterwards.

well obviously it's biased, they are like... my favorite band. duo. whatever. anyways, based on what you like, i think you'd probably like the con (the album aha, theres a song by the same name.).

my music recs are just off the chart right now. on that topic, ive heard a bit of the shins recently, and i like their music, too. theyre a nice indie rock band.
Well, i guess that posting a thread on this just wont work for its probably gonna instantly dissapear like last time so im gonna post it here for it fits best here!

How many songs on piano do you know?
Ive played: (OOOOOooooohhhhhh boy, spam haters, dont look at this...)
1. Sacrifce
2. Temporal Fight
3. Web of Shadows
4. Bionicle 1: Mask of Light theme
5. Bionicle 2: Legends of Metru Nui
6. Beyblade Metal Fury: Battle: Legendary Bladers Vs. Rogo theme
7. Beyblade Metal Fury: Legendary Blader battle
8. (Star Wars Haters May Want To Look away now) Star Wars Main Theme
9. Star Wars: Across The Stars
10. Star Wars: Duel of Fates
i have like 50 more to put here, but im just gonna post it on face book given im gonna have a facebook in only 4 weeks, im plannin on the name being Meeper, just like on here and on crafbukkit
EDIT: Temporal Fight from pokemon is sooo epic it deserves a file so you can hear it, just tell me how to send files!
Sorry to bump this thread, but I am undergoing a "start from scratch" project where I'm trying to make a playlist of only new songs (new as in I don't have them yet not new as in modern), as I find that by keeping songs from previous playlists, I get tired of it more easily.

Basically, I'm asking for suggestions. I like pre-2000 classic and alternative rock only, and bands I like are REM, Semisonic, REO Speedwagon, The Cars, and The Animals. If anyone knows any good songs that are by bands similar to these, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Sorry if this doesn't belong here.
Me and my friend are forming a group/band on his dads request who is in a band. He and other guys and his band complimented my singing saying it was very good, it just needa more control when I sing louder. My friend plays guitar and drums. We have a few covers we are doing with songs we like, most of which are acoustic. I also have a couple songs I wrote, but we haven't even tried adding the guitar and stuff yet. We want to be a metalcore band since we bith love rock with the addition of techno. I'm fairly decent at creating beats.

Our cheesy original song titles so far: Escaping reality and Never get last. I might share the lyrics at some point. I'm no song writer, but the few I have shown like them.

"Its hard to think that I will not, achieve with what I mentally brought.
Its hard to stay in reality, when virtually I'm what I want to be."
Oh look, I'm bumping a thread...

Since Japanese music can be a little hard to obtain in the west, I tend to make a habit of keeping backups of anything I add to my library. I was re-uploading all of it to my Google Drive yesterday in an attempt to make it more organized and I realized that my Japanese library has almost 900 songs in it now. There's a few artists that I'm planning to add to it soon, as well as an anniversary album from another band I liked, so I'm a little excited to see that number surpass 1000. Smile
Could anybody tell me a few songs about monsters.

See, I've been writing this story and music really helps me if it's played at the time when the music's theme is the same as the story's. So right now, basically the main character has gone evil and has been taken over by an evil alternate personality of his own. So I'm looking for a song about feeling captive while a monster has taken over.

I've already listened to Monster by Skiller and Animal I've become, but I want something fresh. Thanks.
Technically Monster by Imagine Dragons is a song I really like. I suppose you want songs in English ?
Yeah I listened to it. It's pretty good, but yeah I'd like a few more songs. And yeah, english songs.
Absolutely love Metalcore/Post-Hardcore (Screamo) going to two concerts in the span of 3 months. Favourites have to be The Amity Affliction, We Came As Romans, Architects, Like Moths To Flames, A Day To Remember and Memphis May Fire. The meaning behind the lyrics of all these band's songs is amazing.
(Nov. 04, 2014  8:04 AM)SealPlays Wrote: Absolutely love Metalcore/Post-Hardcore (Screamo) going to two concerts in the span of 3 months. Favourites have to be The Amity Affliction, We Came As Romans, Architects, Like Moths To Flames, A Day To Remember and Memphis May Fire. The meaning behind the lyrics of all these band's songs is amazing.

Metalcore is bae dude. My favorite metalcore groups are Bring Me The Horizon and Asking Alexandria. Punk rock and hard rock make up most of my playlists, but I love me some metalcore, especially Korn's album with Skrillex.
Ha, hopefully it's okay for me to revive this thread.

I'm a huge Rush fan, but this one song in particular has been my jam for a while. Gotta love a song where the bass is actually providing the main melody. What blows my mind about this song (and album in general) is that these guys were SIXTY when they wrote and recorded it.

Also, I recently discovered Fleet Foxes, and man o man do I love them. I seriously have to check out more folk music, because this is really good. This was a standout for me from their first album.

pfft, reviving the threads I see!

I very much prefer the classy orchestral tracks in anime...That and just some dust for life ya know. Gotta love both to establish both. Not to mention that they maybe practically polar opposites but ya know...It's a beauty to hear from jumping from one genre to the next.

My musical tastes take a weird swing between the widely different genres of orchestral and dubstep, haha. Usually I listen to stuff that falls in the middle (synth-heavy orchestral or softer electro) but listening to my music library on shuffle can cause some serious mood whiplash when something like this is followed by something like this.

Of course, there's generally a minute or so of wind-up before the drop, so I generally have time to revise the playlist if I'm paying attention, which I generally am not, since most of my music is more of an "easy listening" style. Naturally, this makes things a lot worse when a song that ISN'T so mild comes on XD

Lots of links here...
I love when I can finally nail down my favorite live performance of a song, and I think I finally found it for Rush's La Villa Strangiato. This is due to the crowd, Geddy's bass tone, and Alex's crazy rambling.

C64 and nothing else.
Does anyone here know about Launchpad ? it's cool
we gon fite missingno.

(Dec. 19, 2015  1:54 PM)Get Rekt Wrote: Does anyone here know about Launchpad ? it's cool

i hate them, though mudiros might say more than i do about it
my favorite , its a Metal - EDM mashup
Reminds me of classic television, you gotta mash it to get it out in the right frequency.
My music describes my life. Monster, Awake and Alive, Hero from Skillet. Boulevard of Broken Dreams by Green Day. Not One of Us from the Lion King 2. Behind Blue Eyes from Limp Bizkit.