Modified Precision Strike Launcher for smoother trigger

I picked up a precision strike launcher to do some consistent launches for testings.  I noticed that it locks when you unless you put the cap in and lock it in.  Even then the locking mechanisim still makes it not as smooth.

I opened it up and thought I would share how to make the button smoother.

White Bars are Trigger locks.

[Image: 5MwlM2f.jpg]

Removed first lock:
[Image: 8jvWze7.jpg]

Both Locks Removed:
[Image: zCbSu2u.jpg]
Very cool. If it operates smoother than it's original form, that might be fun.

However, such a modification will make that launcher illegal for use in WBO tournaments. Sorry, but we're sticklers for ensuring launchers aren't illegally modified in any way that alters performance.
(Feb. 27, 2020  4:39 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: Very cool. If it operates smoother than it's original form, that might be fun.

However, such a modification will make that launcher illegal for use in WBO tournaments. Sorry, but we're sticklers for ensuring launchers aren't illegally modified in any way that alters performance.

Thanks!  No worries I just plan to do scientific demo videos with it and wanted a consistent launch as a control.

I mainly use a light launcher.
Personally, I'd love to get a better handle on the inner workings on launchers myself. Mine tend to start skipping after a while. Also I'm terrified of breaking them, so I weak launch, subconsciously.

How's the new launch power on this Precision strike?
(Feb. 27, 2020  4:52 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: Personally, I'd love to get a better handle on the inner workings on launchers myself. Mine tend to start skipping after a while. Also I'm terrified of breaking them, so I weak launch, subconsciously.

How's the new launch power on this Precision strike?

The launch power is pretty strong.  I had to adjust the mainspring.

Which is probably why yours is skipping.  The center part where the mainspring winds could have broken off and you'll have to bend a new wedge on it.  I had that problem when testing my launcher a couple of times.

The internal mechanism is VERY basic the only piece you could loose is a spring thats for the lock but a side from that everything is large and fastens well.  Just dont uncoil the mainspring.