Modded BeyBlade Format

What would it take for the WBO to officially introduce a “Modded BeyBlade Format”?
I would love to hear from the WBO Staff/Admin on this format also thoughts from the community.

Thank you in advance!
There is already a thread for this im pretty sure.
(Feb. 10, 2021  12:35 AM)TheFeatherArrow Wrote: There is already a thread for this im pretty sure.

Forgotten about I’m sure but here’s another. If you can point me in the right direction I’ll gladly subscribe, thank you!
It was actually made on the same day you made this thread lol
(Feb. 10, 2021  1:30 AM)TheFeatherArrow Wrote: It was actually made on the same day you made this thread lol

What a coincidence!
(Feb. 10, 2021  1:30 AM)TheFeatherArrow Wrote: It was actually made on the same day you made this thread lol

Are you sure it wasn’t his intro thread

Or the 3d printed format thread
I’m curious too because I’m really trying to pave the way here.
another case of a someone new here that wants to bend the rules🤣
(Feb. 10, 2021  2:18 AM)sushiroll1234 Wrote: another case of a someone new here that wants to bend the rules🤣
I’m not bending any rules, I’m trying to create a new way to Bey. From the looks of it, here’s another case  of lets remain the same and not consider any other possibilities.
(Feb. 10, 2021  2:29 AM)Drbstp Wrote:
(Feb. 10, 2021  2:18 AM)sushiroll1234 Wrote: another case of a someone new here that wants to bend the rules🤣
I’m not bending any rules, I’m trying to create a new way to Bey. From the looks of it, here’s another case  of lets remain the same and not consider any other possibilities.

if it isnt broken, dont fix it
(Feb. 10, 2021  2:32 AM)sushiroll1234 Wrote:
(Feb. 10, 2021  2:29 AM)Drbstp Wrote: I’m not bending any rules, I’m trying to create a new way to Bey. From the looks of it, here’s another case  of lets remain the same and not consider any other possibilities.

if it isnt broken, dont fix it

Never said it was broken
(Feb. 10, 2021  2:34 AM)Drbstp Wrote:
(Feb. 10, 2021  2:32 AM)sushiroll1234 Wrote: if it isnt broken, dont fix it

Never said it was broken

never said you did
This has come up numerous times over the years. It really does pay to use the search function before posting. And because there's no standardization in mods (weight, shape, inserts, etc), there's no way to have an effective and fair modded bey format.

Others have done modded tournaments outside of WBO, but you'll have to find and discuss them outside of WBO.

Yes, you want it because you think it would be fun. But if you consider the bigger picture, you will see there are too many variables to make it a viable format.
(Feb. 10, 2021  6:07 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: This has come up numerous times over the years. It really does pay to use the search function before posting. And because there's no standardization in mods (weight, shape, inserts, etc), there's no way to have an effective and fair modded bey format.

Others have done modded tournaments outside of WBO, but you'll have to find and discuss them outside of WBO.

Yes, you want it because you think it would be fun. But if you consider the bigger picture, you will see there are too many variables to make it a viable format.

I wouldn't bother. Its useless trying to talk sense into this guy.
(Feb. 10, 2021  6:23 AM)DeltaZakuro Wrote:
(Feb. 10, 2021  6:07 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: This has come up numerous times over the years. It really does pay to use the search function before posting. And because there's no standardization in mods (weight, shape, inserts, etc), there's no way to have an effective and fair modded bey format.

They’ve been here for 2 days, cut them some slack.
(Feb. 10, 2021  6:23 AM)DeltaZakuro Wrote:

I hope it happens one day just to see how much weight your comments hold.

I do see the bigger picture, it wouldn’t be that hard. Just like the “Inspection Process” you would break down your bey and judges would determine what’s  safe and what’s not. It’s not that complicated people just don’t want change and aren’t open to it.
(Feb. 10, 2021  2:26 PM)Drbstp Wrote:
(Feb. 10, 2021  6:23 AM)DeltaZakuro Wrote: I wouldn't bother. Its useless trying to talk sense into this guy.

I hope it happens one day just to see how much weight your comments hold.

Tbh that means nothing to me, if im proven wrong then im proven wrong i don't actually care.
(Feb. 10, 2021  2:45 PM)DeltaZakuro Wrote:
(Feb. 10, 2021  2:26 PM)Drbstp Wrote: I hope it happens one day just to see how much weight your comments hold.

Tbh that means nothing to me, if im proven wrong then im proven wrong i don't actually care.

It has been a pleasure DeltaZakuro
(Feb. 10, 2021  3:32 PM)Drbstp Wrote:
(Feb. 10, 2021  2:45 PM)DeltaZakuro Wrote: Tbh that means nothing to me, if im proven wrong then im proven wrong i don't actually care.

ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh its getting hot in here

but really, would suggest you come up with a list of legal mods. ofc, ppl can add to the list, but they have to show testing and stuff to prove it isn't op or can damage beys.
(Feb. 10, 2021  3:40 PM)The Blacknight Wrote:
(Feb. 10, 2021  3:32 PM)Drbstp Wrote: It has been a pleasure DeltaZakuro

ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh its getting hot in here

but really, would suggest you come up with a list of legal mods. ofc, ppl can add to the list, but they have to show testing and stuff to prove it isn't op or can damage beys.

I would love to start the process but I would need the support of the WBO staff first. I started a poll to get a feel for the standard, even then those were harmless additions that the majority of voters find to be “illegal” (again I hate that word and it should be changed to “Prohibited”) I’m not trying to cause trouble here, I’m just trying to create opportunities. People mode dope Beys on YouTube channels all the time but yet they get shunned for being creative for doing something harmless. For example OMGBBG aka BeyBladeGeeks, they’re respected in the community (I’m sure) and they create content based on BeyBlade. They create harmless mods but members of this community make it seem like what they’re doing is harmful. I haven’t done anything crazy...”yet” but the option to be part of a new format would be amazing.

(Feb. 10, 2021  3:58 PM)Drbstp Wrote:
(Feb. 10, 2021  3:40 PM)The Blacknight Wrote: ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh its getting hot in here

I would love to start the process but I would need the support of the WBO staff first. I started a poll to get a feel for the standard, even then those were harmless additions that the majority of voters find to be “illegal” (again I hate that word and it should be changed to “Prohibited”) I’m not trying to cause trouble here, I’m just trying to create opportunities. People mode dope Beys on YouTube channels all the time but yet they get shunned for being creative for doing something harmless. For example OMGBBG aka BeyBladeGeeks, they’re respected in the community (I’m sure) and they create content based on BeyBlade. They create harmless mods but members of this community make it seem like what they’re doing is harmful. I haven’t done anything crazy...”yet” but the option to be part of a new format would be amazing.

To be fair, the way sorta did a variant Lucifer razor blade mod

Ok, but in all seriousness, try to make rules for a format like this. Depending on them, I’m sure the community would accept smth like this. Also, don’t mind sushiroll. Nice dude, just a sucker for the rules lol
(Feb. 10, 2021  3:32 PM)Drbstp Wrote:
(Feb. 10, 2021  2:45 PM)DeltaZakuro Wrote: Tbh that means nothing to me, if im proven wrong then im proven wrong i don't actually care.

idk what that is supposed to imply but whatever
If you're actually serious about this, step one is to become an organizer and run tournaments so you fully understand the existing WBO formats and the difficulties a modded format would present. Then, after that, work on the new format.

"This would be cool, you just hate change" will get you no closer to making this dream a reality. Trying to drum up support from random people on WBO will get you no closer to making this dream a reality.
This is just as hopeless as 3D printed beys. It’s not going to happen as there’s some pretty broken mods out there.
(Feb. 10, 2021  4:32 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: If you're actually serious about this, step one is to become an organizer and run tournaments so you fully understand the existing WBO formats and the difficulties a modded format would present. Then, after that, work on the new format.

"This would be cool, you just hate change" will get you no closer to making this dream a reality. Trying to drum up support from random people on WBO will get you no closer to making this dream a reality.

i actually kid you not, "yOu JuSt hAte ChAnGe" is his every excuse when someone tries to reason with him saying that this just cant be a reality.