Minecraft (BETA starts December 20th!)

pistons are new objects introduced in beta 1.7
they can push other blocks, and in the case of sticky pistons, they can pull as well.
They are awesome for making sliding secret doors, bridges and help with other mechanisms.
Ive made a door and staircase similar to the one in the promo video by Mojang. pretty cool.
Plus a automatic sliding double door that retracts into the wall.
Basically pistons are awesome. Sadly they dont throw blocks and players into the air like the original mod...
Meh, it'd be cool if you could choose if they could launch things or not, but I wasn't around for the original ones so I don't really pay attn to them. And BFireblaze 6509, just download MCEdit, it can edit your inventory to help you make whatever you want.
More info on the Minecraft Adventure Update can be found here.
Thanks for posting that NoodooSoup! I'm glad to see that the Adventure update is coming soon, anyone else excited for it? I don't know much about it, but it looks cool.
(Jul. 06, 2011  12:08 AM)Raigeko13 Wrote: Thanks for posting that NoodooSoup! I'm glad to see that the Adventure update is coming soon, anyone else excited for it? I don't know much about it, but it looks cool.

The new lighting, which I can't seem to find pictures at the moment, is kinda strange, though. Otherwise, it looks pretty awesome. NPC's are hopefully going to be awesome.
I think there is another new thing called shearer or something.BlueXephos mentioned this in a video and I think u use it to get wool from sheep without hitting it. Chocked
Yerp. You're correct on that. they can get the leaves off of trees too.
But you can still kill them to get one block of wool. Since I don't have any iron, and I need a bed, I have to do that.

Oh, and the leaves, they still have to be at most 5 (?) blocks away from a block of wood. Otherwise, they'll turn into shrubs.
My minecraft is rockin........but I STILL haven't found a saddle Pinching_eyes
continue digging down with a stone or stronger pickaxe if ur lucky u can find a dungeon(a room with moss stone,a monster spawner which has fire in it and some chests)open the chests or break them.it is very likely to get a saddle but u might not as well.some other nice treasures are:redstone,iron ingot,cocoa beans,wheat and bread.also i have a tip:1.it is better to be on peaceful difficulty to find dungeons but if u want to be adventurous,go on easy,normal or hard.the spawners continuously spawn monsters and it is easy to get killed.dont say i didnt .warn u.i typed too much xD
I had a good ol' mine yesterday, I got: 3 Diamond, about 40 Redstone, Loads of Iron, About 64 Coal. I also made some obsidian whilst I was down there, I also made a Piston, but I'm not sure how to work it, does it have to use Redstone and a Lever to be powered up?
Hah, you're lucky. I'm trying to avoid hacking my inventory (successful so far! Grin) and I have mined FOREVER in my new seed, but I just simply cannot find any Diamonds :\
Oh well, all the Iron I have can make up for it, I have like 5 stacks of 64 of it Tongue_out
And yes, pistons require redstone to power them, along with levers/buttons.
Hey December 20th is my birthday...

Personally I don't have this game but it looks cool
Get it. Seriously; it is so addicting and fun and it never gets boring. If you get bored, there's a solution: make a new world or install some mods.
(Jul. 11, 2011  4:06 AM)NoodooSoup Wrote: Get it. Seriously; it is so addicting and fun and it never gets boring. If you get bored, there's a solution: make a new world or install some mods.

You don't have to. With the one man crew of minecraft working, there is always something to do, wether building a safehouse from zombies, or building something that can get you through the ocean quickly
I just simply love making tunnels, I don't know why. I love being able to have a direct path from one end of the map, to the other, and they don't take too long to make if you're making them about a 2X2 pathway. (2 across, 2 wide)
This game is so addicting,whenever i go mining i set the difficulty to Peaceful XD,today i was mining and found 5 diamond..
3 fell into the lava bellow,i was so annoyed XD,So anyway,right now im in a cave.....with a Lava pit next to me me and im in water..
How do i make Obsidian again?
(Jul. 14, 2011  8:41 AM)TheBeybladeFTW Wrote: How do i make Obsidian again?

Make water flow onto still lava.
(Jul. 14, 2011  8:41 AM)TheBeybladeFTW Wrote: How do i make Obsidian again?
you must have a water block flow onto a lava source block if the lava is not a source block it will make cobblestone simply think of source blocks (if you dont get it)as if the lava is still it a source block it its moving its not
(Jul. 14, 2011  3:13 AM)Raigeko13 Wrote: I just simply love making tunnels, I don't know why. I love being able to have a direct path from one end of the map, to the other, and they don't take too long to make if you're making them about a 2X2 pathway. (2 across, 2 wide)

As in digging them or building them? I hate digging because I hate running into very, very, dark caves with Creepers.
(Jul. 14, 2011  8:48 PM)NoodooSoup Wrote:
(Jul. 14, 2011  3:13 AM)Raigeko13 Wrote: I just simply love making tunnels, I don't know why. I love being able to have a direct path from one end of the map, to the other, and they don't take too long to make if you're making them about a 2X2 pathway. (2 across, 2 wide)

As in digging them or building them? I hate digging because I hate running into very, very, dark caves with Creepers.

I mine when I dig, and try to find hidden chests. keep it on easy or peaceful and bring a bed when on adventures. Unless monster hunting, of course.
MIECRAFT is the most amasing pc game of all time, i run my own server with some friends and we have a blast makeing anythin we can think of it is SO WORTH $20
I hate playing on Peaceful. Makes me feel like a wimp.
(Jul. 16, 2011  3:53 PM)NoodooSoup Wrote: I hate playing on Peaceful. Makes me feel like a wimp.

Yeah but bring a bed then. It wakes you up when monsters are near, and digging is basically the point of minecraft.