Metro Detroit, Michigan

CAP7A1N asked me about this. I am interested. Single and Dual Layers only? Interesting. This is a 3 and a half hour drive for me, after looking up the location. Don't think I've been to Michigan before actually. Not quite sure I can say you can be expecting me yet but I'll definitely think about it. Haven't been to a tournament yet.
(Jan. 20, 2019  2:53 AM)YggdrasilWyvern Wrote: CAP7A1N asked me about this. I am interested. Single and Dual Layers only? Interesting. This is a 3 and a half hour drive for me, after looking up the location. Don't think I've been to Michigan before actually. Not quite sure I can say you can be expecting me yet but I'll definitely think about it. Haven't been to a tournament yet.

Yeah, no god beys and I’m going to call them about it soon. So you up for it?

(Jan. 20, 2019  2:54 AM)CAP7A1N Wrote:
(Jan. 20, 2019  2:53 AM)YggdrasilWyvern Wrote: CAP7A1N asked me about this. I am interested. Single and Dual Layers only? Interesting. This is a 3 and a half hour drive for me, after looking up the location. Don't think I've been to Michigan before actually. Not quite sure I can say you can be expecting me yet but I'll definitely think about it. Haven't been to a tournament yet.

Yeah, no god beys and I’m going to call them about it soon. So you up for it?
Plus it’ll be legal if we get an organizer, you could probably apply for that if you meet the age specifications
Depends on the weather, my job, and anything else that might be going on. Not sure as of right now but I'll let you know before the tournament. Thank you for letting me know about this!
(Jan. 20, 2019  3:06 AM)YggdrasilWyvern Wrote: Depends on the weather, my job, and anything else that might be going on. Not sure as of right now but I'll let you know before the tournament. Thank you for letting me know about this!
Yeah

(Jan. 20, 2019  3:07 AM)CAP7A1N Wrote:
(Jan. 20, 2019  3:06 AM)YggdrasilWyvern Wrote: Depends on the weather, my job, and anything else that might be going on. Not sure as of right now but I'll let you know before the tournament. Thank you for letting me know about this!
Yeah
Any of you have the beyblade burst app?
I'm confused? We did not agree to doing Classic Format for this one. And did Next Gaming Lounge tell us to change the date? Did they tell us the 2nd would be fine, or is that a guess?

Going by their website, it looks like we would have to pay $10 a person for the space? Is that right? That's kind of important information to know. I feel like this is being rushed if fees are overlooked.

Might be better off reaching out to a game store or comic book store instead, try to get some free space. I feel like the first weekend of February would be too short notice though now.
(Jan. 20, 2019  9:35 AM)Ahhh Frostic Fox Wrote: I'm confused? We did not agree to doing Classic Format for this one. And did Next Gaming Lounge tell us to change the date? Did they tell us the 2nd would be fine, or is that a guess?

Going by their website, it looks like we would have to pay $10 a person for the space? Is that right? That's kind of important information to know. I feel like this is being rushed if fees are overlooked.

Might be better off reaching out to a game store or comic book store instead, try to get some free space. I feel like the first weekend of February would be too short notice though now.

Yeah true
I might be more likely to make it if the date was pushed back honestly. Weekends are definitely my only option due to work. Wouldn't want to drive up after a winter storm but I guess you can't really plan for that. Also, I don't know if this is against any WBO tournament guidelines or anything, but if we decided not to go with the classic ruleset then I would be glad to bring God/Cho-Z gen beys for those who don't have any. Not to keep of course, but they could use them. I've held unofficial tournaments back when MFB was going on in the US. They weren't through the WBO at all. Kids trying to steal/keep my beys was a big problem. As long as that doesn't happen I'd be willing to bring some. Maybe people could request a combo and I'd bring it for them. Only if it's not against the rules of course... Then again I wouldn't want you guys plan for Regular burst and then me not be able to make it up there. Maybe it would be safer to do classic.
(Jan. 20, 2019  4:10 PM)YggdrasilWyvern Wrote: I might be more likely to make it if the date was pushed back honestly. Weekends are definitely my only option due to work. Wouldn't want to drive up after a winter storm but I guess you can't really plan for that. Also, I don't know if this is against any WBO tournament guidelines or anything, but if we decided not to go with the classic ruleset then I would be glad to bring God/Cho-Z gen beys for those who don't have any. Not to keep of course, but they could use them. I've held unofficial tournaments back when MFB was going on in the US. They weren't  through the WBO at all. Kids trying to steal/keep my beys was a big problem. As long as that doesn't happen I'd be willing to bring some. Maybe people could request a combo and I'd bring it for them. Only if it's not against the rules of course... Then again I wouldn't want you guys plan for Regular burst and then me not be able to make it up there. Maybe it would be safer to do classic.

Yeah I’m up for regular burst tbh... I plan on using my Kerbeas
OK, I thought getting everyone to pay admissions for indoor space wasn't usual for what other people did with tournaments, but in checking in with others, it turns out it is. It'd just be an extra admission fee. That even the shops would probably do the same thing.

So $10 per person, and when we do the big 8+ tournaments in the future, that'll be $15 a person. Unless we find another spot or start doing them outside.

If a later date would be better, let's just do a later date. Plus, since we have to pay for it, it would probably be better to try to make sure it's all official. And we got people driving for hours and all. That also lets us sort out a prize. Let's try not to rush it and make sure everything is good.

@[chaossilvr], do you want to take things from here? Probably would be more orderly to have the would-be organizer lead things from here on out. Do you have time to make it to 50 posts soon? I think we should gauge the date off of that, giving at least 3-4 weeks for the quiz to pass after you make that 50.

(Jan. 20, 2019  4:10 PM)YggdrasilWyvern Wrote: Also, I don't know if this is against any WBO tournament guidelines or anything, but if we decided not to go with the classic ruleset then I would be glad to bring God/Cho-Z gen beys for those who don't have any. Not to keep of course, but they could use them. I've held unofficial tournaments back when MFB was going on in the US. They weren't  through the WBO at all. Kids trying to steal/keep my beys was a big problem. As long as that doesn't happen I'd be willing to bring some. Maybe people could request a combo and I'd bring it for them. Only if it's not against the rules of course... Then again I wouldn't want you guys plan for Regular burst and then me not be able to make it up there. Maybe it would be safer to do classic.

It's allowed, but you are responsible for your own parts. That's why some people stopped doing it, because the parts would get stolen or broken. Up to you to take the risk.

The regular format allows the latest beys, so God and Cho-Z, and that's what we're aiming for because that's what most people here seem to have. And we need to make sure the first event gets enough participants or we can't get an organizer. Can't apply for organizer without a 4+ person event planned, and no organizer means it's not official.

So no to Burst Classic right now.
(Jan. 20, 2019  5:42 PM)Frostic Fox Wrote: OK, I thought getting everyone to pay admissions for indoor space wasn't usual for what other people did with tournaments, but in checking in with others, it turns out it is. It'd just be an extra admission fee. That even the shops would probably do the same thing.

So $10 per person, and when we do the big 8+ tournaments in the future, that'll be $15 a person. Unless we find another spot or start doing them outside.

If a later date would be better, let's just do a later date. Plus, since we have to pay for it, it would probably be better to try to make sure it's all official. And we got people driving for hours and all. That also lets us sort out a prize. Let's try not to rush it and make sure everything is good.

@[chaossilvr], do you want to take things from here? Probably would be more orderly to have the would-be organizer lead things from here on out. Do you have time to make it to 50 posts soon? I think we should gauge the date off of that, giving at least 3-4 weeks for the quiz to pass after you make that 50.

(Jan. 20, 2019  4:10 PM)YggdrasilWyvern Wrote: Also, I don't know if this is against any WBO tournament guidelines or anything, but if we decided not to go with the classic ruleset then I would be glad to bring God/Cho-Z gen beys for those who don't have any. Not to keep of course, but they could use them. I've held unofficial tournaments back when MFB was going on in the US. They weren't  through the WBO at all. Kids trying to steal/keep my beys was a big problem. As long as that doesn't happen I'd be willing to bring some. Maybe people could request a combo and I'd bring it for them. Only if it's not against the rules of course... Then again I wouldn't want you guys plan for Regular burst and then me not be able to make it up there. Maybe it would be safer to do classic.

It's allowed, but you are responsible for your own parts. That's why some people stopped doing it, because the parts would get stolen or broken. Up to you to take the risk.

The regular format allows the latest beys, so God and Cho-Z, and that's what we're aiming for because that's what most people here seem to have. And we need to make sure the first event gets enough participants or we can't get an organizer. Can't apply for organizer without a 4+ person event planned, and no organizer means it's not official.

So no to Burst Classic right now.
Yeah I’m trying to get my hands on the hades that’s in the forum
I would definitely be interested in participating, I just need to wait until the date and time are set in stone before I know for sure if I can make it. I live over an hour north of Detroit, but would be happy to make the drive. Thanks for tagging me!
(Jan. 20, 2019  8:32 PM)ShadonianBlader Wrote: I would definitely be interested in participating, I just need to wait until the date and time are set in stone before I know for sure if I can make it. I live over an hour north of Detroit, but would be happy to make the drive. Thanks for tagging me!
Sweet! We got a total of 6? I might be able to get some friends to make it 8
I'm going to try and spend this week making posts so I can get up to that 50 and then take the quiz.

If we're all in agreement in pushing it back (times like the end of February, March or something) that will give us time to find a spot. I might even have an indoor spot available if I give enough notice. I work for a used car dealership in Troy and we have a very large back garage with heat. If that doesn't work, there's plenty of game shops in the area with large spaces that I can contact. I'd like to find a space that's either free or relatively inexpensive so the cost for participants isn't high and we can still offer some form of prize.

If anyone wants to run an unofficial event before this one can get up and going, that might be a good idea just to gauge interest.
(Jan. 21, 2019  3:20 PM)chaossilvr Wrote: I'm going to try and spend this week making posts so I can get up to that 50 and then take the quiz.

If we're all in agreement in pushing it back (times like the end of February, March or something) that will give us time to find a spot.  I might even have an indoor spot available if I give enough notice.  I work for a used car dealership in Troy and we have a very large back garage with heat.  If that doesn't work, there's plenty of game shops in the area with large spaces that I can contact.  I'd like to find a space that's either free or relatively inexpensive so the cost for participants isn't high and we can still offer some form of prize.

If anyone wants to run an unofficial event before this one can get up and going, that might be a good idea just to gauge interest.
Yeah I’ve already gotten up to 50 and took the quiz yesterday, but the more the marrier
Sounds good to me if I'm able to make it. Weekends are fine for me no matter what. Just hope the weather is better then.
(Jan. 24, 2019  6:20 AM)YggdrasilWyvern Wrote: Sounds good to me if I'm able to make it. Weekends are fine for me no matter what. Just hope the weather us better then.

Yeah I hope so
Well if I end up coming I could make it
(Jan. 25, 2019  8:44 PM)YggdrasilWyvern Wrote: Well if I end up coming I could make it

Sweet
Doesn't the organizer quiz need an agreed-upon location and date by 4 WBO members before applying? Not after?

I'm confused about what's going on.
(Jan. 28, 2019  3:24 AM)Frostic Fox Wrote: Doesn't the organizer quiz need an agreed-upon location and date by 4 WBO members before applying? Not after?

I'm confused about what's going on.

CAP7A1N is running the show.  I'm just here to help where I can.  I'm up for whatever!
I haven’t been deemed an organizer yet so idk lmao
You did the quiz before sorting out step 2, CAP7A1N. I thought we all talked about that step? Not sure what you'll have to do to fix the mistake.

I get we're all excited, but it's important to make sure all the proper steps are followed. Else we can't get this all approved.

Probably can just try to sort out a plan and see if you hear back about the quiz. I guess we'll know in time if the quiz gets rejected or ignored for not following directions.
(Jan. 29, 2019  7:13 AM)Frostic Fox Wrote: You did the quiz before sorting out step 2, CAP7A1N. I thought we all talked about that step? Not sure what you'll have to do to fix the mistake.

I get we're all excited, but it's important to make sure all the proper steps are followed. Else we can't get this all approved.

Probably can just try to sort out a plan and see if you hear back about the quiz. I guess we'll know in time if the quiz gets rejected or ignored for not following directions.

Yeah true but what did I do wrong? Idk