Meteo L-drago SA165 GF

Poll: Is Meteo L drago really that outclassed?

Yes
54.17%
No
45.83%
Total: 100% 24 vote(s)
Meteo L-drago? Come on. This is a light wheel, and dragooon is mostly chosen over it. Actually, my combo is designed to either destabilize right-spin defense types or just os them with their LAD if destabilizing does't work. This is a surprise combo, as it is just decent by the looks. Lightweight and whatsoever, this is a critical point to winning. It doesn't sway the opposing right spin bey as much as dragooon in synchrom, which goes out after, it justs remains in and makes circles, occasionally circling in to attack the opposing bey, making them lose their balance. This works best against E230, so it will be good against combos like Reviser Killerken BGrin. It mainly uses its rubber to repel opponents and spin equalize.
mode: Meteo is barrage and SA165 is normal mode
Launch
Just launch into the center. Not too powerful, however.

Tests
Beylauncher R
Beylauncher L

Against Reviser Killerken E230 SB (powerful defender)
RK always launched first
ML-- 8 wins os
RK-- 2 wins 0gko
Win percentage:80%
This was one sided, so I only did 10 rounds. The two 0gko were the result of launching on the side and it went crazy.

Against Duo cygnus E230 BSF (def +stam hybrid)
DC always launched first
ML-- 9wins os
DC-- 1 win 0gko
win percentage:90%
Again, one sided. Same with RK. Once, Ml had lost a lot of stamina, like 3 rotations left, it spin equalized and osed DUO

I dont have BWD, Genbull, TB and also Wyvang, so dont tell me to test against those. RIght spin def only. results of death will be posted shortly.
Please also note that it is ultimate absorb from takara
Wow, nice thread but im sure attack will kill this thing so test vs that, also you tested vs beys with low balance vs a spin equalizer so test with WD or W2D.
You should have done 20 rounds. It's a compulsion you know,
It was good to see you come up with a Meteo combo though.
I could see attack murdering this thing and making Meteo's family watch ...

I'd like to see it up against flash and a benchmark with Dragooon.
Here are some tests against Dragooon
Gear
Zero G Attack Stadium
3 segment Launcher Grip
Beylauncher L
Grip Rubber and Extension

MSF-H Revizer Dragooon B;D vs Meteo L Drago SA165 (Normal) GF
Dragooon: 20 (17 Sway KO, 3 OS)
Meteo: 0
Meteo Win Percentage: 0
Detail
This did horrible. 3 times it stayed in the stadium, but couldn't OS Dragooon. The other times it got Sway KOed. It wasn't able to handle Dragooon when it was in the stadium.
Please check op. I clearly stated that it was designed for right spin defense, not of the same spin! Guys, please!!!! Tests coming up tmr
Well because of this combo's weight it makes it kinda risky to use and Dragooon can beat all of the combos you tested and more.
This is a surprise combo that ppl can underestimate, so then they may get off guard and lose, but still, it can dfeat defense! Some choices
either test against
duo 230 mb
rev2 E230 mb
death w145 ewd
death E230 mb
If is a surprise combo put that does not make up for its horrible weight.
Horrible weight doesn't mean it cant win. Gf has enough friction to keep it in; Meteo l-drago steals enough spin to make up for spin loss. I did informally test this combo against Reviser killerken E230sb, it won by spin stealing. It has enouch friction to ensure it wont get thrown out.
GF has no friction...... It's plastic
(May. 15, 2013  12:25 PM)Thunder Dome Wrote: Here are some tests against Dragooon
Gear
Zero G Attack Stadium
3 segment Launcher Grip
Beylauncher L
Grip Rubber and Extension

MSF-H Revizer Dragooon B;D vs Meteo L Drago SA165 (Normal) GF
Dragooon: 20 (17 Sway KO, 3 OS)
Meteo: 0
Meteo Win Percentage: 0
Detail
This did horrible. 3 times it stayed in the stadium, but couldn't OS Dragooon. The other times it got Sway KOed. It wasn't able to handle Dragooon when it was in the stadium.

So, let's see. This combo is designed to take down right spin defense combos, and yet you tested against something in the same spin direction. Flip your Synchrome, and re-test to see how it performs. That might give a better idea of how it might perform for its intention, disregarding the fact that it's just a right spin stamina combo, and not defense.

As for the combo itself, I cannot say much. I don't have SA165, or GF for that matter, but there are a few things you could do to improve feedback on the combo, and general knowledge on the combo itself;

20 rounds minimum. The more rounds, the more accurate the results.

There's also an issue with modes, and what stadium you were using. There are 3 Stadiums for Zero-G, and people sometimes will test in different ones. Telling which stadium you're testing in is a standard. What mode was Duo in? This can help everyone see if Duo is in the proper mode for Defense and Stamina, and make sure it's not the Spark FX one.

You can also test with different bottoms, as both SB and BSF fall to left spin easily. This is clearly reflected in your results. Try something else that isn't as sharp at the bottom, because with sharper bottoms, comes worse balance. Try EWD for your "Def+Stam Hybrid" combo, as D series bottoms handle opposite spin directions in the Zero-G meta, much, much better. For your more hardcore Defense combo, try something like MB.

(May. 15, 2013  4:03 PM)Yuko Ray14 Wrote: GF has no friction...... It's plastic

This is false. Everything has friction to some extent. I believe you meant to say GF has low friction.
Yea low, not no my bad.
Um i'm not very up on Zero G defence but testing this against defence combos with MB seems like it would just increase the win results of this combo since if the combo gets struck then it will be seriously knocked due to how low the friction of MB is. Also this probably doesn't work that well as a surprise combo it can't win against dragooon B:D combos at all. Especially when it's a common combo in some metagames. That aside thanks for testing. We need more people testing things for both zero g and BB-10. I'm not saying the combo can't be useful. Maybe it is. Only more testing will tell.
the reason people is complaining is because it lose to all left spin combos (I can beat that up with L-Drago Destroy), can't go against smash and can have some trouble with stamina and some sway defense combos (anti spin equalizers are not that rare with Dragooon obliterating so many combos)

Is a nice combo and yeah, it's surprising, but who ever want to use it would have to keep in mind the meta game of where he is from
An L-Drago D125MB should make a good balance type. It worked for me...
Yes it is. Unhappy
Meteo L-Drago is good for spin steal against stamina types. Other than that it is outclassed.
No, 1st G beyblade is outclassed, L-Drago is epic!!!
Meteo is outclassed by Dragooon. Unhappy I know, it stinks. It was one of the coolest looking Beys of its time.

Dragooon basically came along and stomped on it, fried it in bacon grease and ate it for breakfast.