Metal Fight Beyblade - Track List

Here's a call to review and update the Track List entry on Beywiki, which has proven to be an invaluable guide to me as a new player. Unfortunately, it's a rather neglected list and hasn't been updated in a while, leading to a lot of omissions on parts. There are significant tracks that aren't on the list and with the emergence of Zero-G tracks such as the seemingly dominant E230, it needs to be updated. I'm not certain why the list is ordered this way, but here are the current entries in the Beywiki article:

1 85
2 90
3 100
4 105
5 W105: Wing 105
LW105: Left Wing 105*
DF105: Down Force 105*
6 CH120: Change 120
7 125
8 D125: Defense 125
9 T125: Tornado 125
130*
10 WA130: Wing Attacker 130
S130: Shield 130*
11 135
12 145
13 DF145: Down Force 145
14 WD145: Wide Defense 145
15 C145: Claw 145
16 H145: Horn 145 (First Mold)
17 H145: Horn 145 (Second Mold)
18 ED145: Eternal Defense 145
19 M145: Move 145
20 GB145: Gravity Bowl 145
21 SW145: Switch 145
22 R145: Rubber 145
AD145: Armor Defense 145*
23 BD145: Boost Disk 145
UW145: Upper Wing 145*
V145: Variable 145*
TR145: Triple Roller 145*

24 W145: Wing 145
160*
25 TH170: Triple Height 170
26 230
E230: Elevator 230*

*Added by Crab Commando

My goal for the revision and update is as follows:

1) Provide a comprehensive and updated track list for all Metal Fight Beyblade performance tips that are currently legal for Standard play (or if illegal, indicated as such)
2) Have a handy reference for players to compare against other spin tracks, including assessments from advanced players and reference to a spin track's success (e.g., used in top-tier combos, used in winning combinations, etc.), and if possible, even the part's weight in grams.
3) Have clear and definitive photos for players to be able to easily identify spin tracks
4) Have a list of what Beyblade starters, boosters, sets, or other (e.g., WBBA limited release part) where the player can get the aforementioned part, and in what color

Because customization is such an integral part of advanced Beyblade play, a handy guide to all available parts is necessary in Beywiki to establish it as a premiere source of Beyblade information. Ideally, each part should have its own Beywiki entry, but barring that, the list should be comprehensive and complete, with a paragraph or two about each part.

WHAT CAN YOU DO?
There are several ways by which you can help:

1) Identify what spin tracks are missing in the list above
2) Provide descriptions of spin tracks if they have none, or add essential information to existing descriptions
3) Provide clear, identifiable photographs of spin tracks
4) Identify the source of a spin track, preferably with the color
I've got a list regarding all released Tracks. I can put it up here.
Don't hurt me for saying this, but Beyblade Wikia pages for individual parts has a good list of "Beyblades with this part". I'm still haven't gotten all the parts done yet, though.
Example: http://mfbeyblade.wikia.com/wiki/T125
130, S130, LW105, AD145 need to be added, as far as I've noticed.
(Jun. 12, 2012  12:22 AM)GM Phantom Wrote: Don't hurt me for saying this, but Beyblade Wikia pages for individual parts has a good list of "Beyblades with this part". I'm still haven't gotten all the parts done yet, though.
Example: http://mfbeyblade.wikia.com/wiki/T125
130, S130, LW105, AD145 need to be added, as far as I've noticed.

That's what I mean. I think that's an AWESOME and essential feature to have. When looking at top-tier combos, you see certain parts and wonder, "where can I get this part?"

Beywiki should be a one-stop source for customization.
Here's a list for Tracks. I can post the list of Bottoms in the other thread:
Keep in mind that we do have the Beyblade Parts List article to give at least some information on what the major release of the part is.

But yes, the Track List should be updated very soon.
(Jun. 12, 2012  12:45 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Keep in mind that we do have the Beyblade Parts List article to give at least some information on what the major release of the part is.

But yes, the Track List should be updated very soon.

Speaking of which, the trouble I found with that list and why it wasn't as helpful to me was because there are no links to PARTS, only whole beys. When you're customizing, you're less interested in whole beys and would like to learn more about each part. At least, that's how I approached things when I started customizing.
(Jun. 12, 2012  12:49 AM)zionson Wrote: Speaking of which, the trouble I found with that list and why it wasn't as helpful to me was because there are no links to PARTS, only whole beys. When you're customizing, you're less interested in whole beys and would like to learn more about each part. At least, that's how I approached things when I started customizing.

Well, the parts are described individually in the Beyblade articles, and we ask that the descriptions included in the Track and Bottom Lists are just taken from those articles, not completely unrelated. I cannot remember if this was respected for all descriptions since some of them can be very long inside their Beyblade articles though.

And yes, their competitive use in customizations not related to their "mother" Beyblade is also described.
(Jun. 12, 2012  12:54 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Jun. 12, 2012  12:49 AM)zionson Wrote: Speaking of which, the trouble I found with that list and why it wasn't as helpful to me was because there are no links to PARTS, only whole beys. When you're customizing, you're less interested in whole beys and would like to learn more about each part. At least, that's how I approached things when I started customizing.

Well, the parts are described individually in the Beyblade articles, and we ask that the descriptions included in the Track and Bottom Lists are just taken from those articles, not completely unrelated. I cannot remember if this was respected for all descriptions since some of them can be very long inside their Beyblade articles though.

And yes, their competitive use in customizations not related to their "mother" Beyblade is also described.

Yeah, I know. I scrolled down to OVERALL in all the articles I read, and not all have an assessment. In fact, I blame Beywiki wholly for why I own multiples of certain beyblades. So, Beywiki owes me.
What ? Usually, just from the description of a Track or Bottom, you can easily tell if they are good or useless and you do not have to go to the Overall section all the time.
(Jun. 12, 2012  12:57 AM)Kai-V Wrote: What ? Usually, just from the description of a Track or Bottom, you can easily tell if they are good or useless and you do not have to go to the Overall section all the time.

Haha, the OVERALL section says, "Every blader must own multiples of this Beyblade," for some beys.

See? That's how much I rely on Beywiki!
When talking about which Beyblades have certain Tracks/Tips, do we want to just include the basic/original versions of Beyblades (like in the Beyblade Parts List), or do we also want to include all the different Random Boosters as well?
(Jun. 12, 2012  12:15 PM)Crab Commando Wrote: When talking about which Beyblades have certain Tracks/Tips, do we want to just include the basic/original versions of Beyblades (like in the Beyblade Parts List), or do we also want to include all the different Random Boosters as well?

The latter.
Here you go! This is still missing some of the parts from sets and special/limited edition Beys (and Hasbro exclusive Beys), but I've got a partially done Track List. Needs colors, though.
That's crazy nuts stuff! Thanks, Crab Commando!

We just need descriptions of the tracks now.

PS - Can you outdo yourself and identify the COLORS of each part? haha
Descriptions of the Tracks will come as I get articles published little by little, but hopefully it will not take too long ... Actually, since it is just about Tracks, we could probably go ahead and take the descriptions from drafts that are almost ready to be published but for which we are debating things in relation to the Metal Wheel.
For what 85 comes with, you forgot Meteo L-Drago Assult Ver. 85XF. Nice list!
I can (attempt) to identify some of of the colors on Tracks. Keyword here is "attempt" haha.
LW160 and AD230 need to be added (may be too early to include 'em, though I dunno).

I can try putting up some colors? I should be posting it tommorow, hopefully.

ginga Blader: Haven't added much Hasbro yet. I'll keep MLD Assult 85XF in mind when I update the list, though. Wink
I was going to suggest A230 and LW160, but then I remembered that the names for those Beyblades are tentative as of now. Not sure if we should wait until they're confirmed, but~
Should we do the Hasbro stuff too? like the Face-offs?
Since the WBO allows Takara Tomy, Sonokong, and Hasbro, it only makes sense to name all three as proper sources for the parts. It makes it easier for people, I think, especially if you're in a Hasbro-dominant region.
(Jun. 14, 2012  12:37 AM)GM Phantom Wrote: Should we do the Hasbro stuff too? like the Face-offs?
Not sure totally, but I think it would be a good idea, though. I've actually added a bunch of Hasbro stuff to the list.

Going back to colors, I may or may not be able to try to add colors on some things. I'm not an expert on which Beys have what color parts, so I'll probably end up only getting a few things on there. :\
Updated! Warning, this will stretch the page a bit!
Another problem with A230 and LW160 is that we don't know the official names for the parts. While it may be obvious (LW160 mostly), it's still not official.
It appears that someone has already edited the article to reflect the more complete list, which is a start. Great work, whoever that was.

Up next, we'll need to fill in descriptions, pictures, and sources. I'll try to take pictures of some, as well, but I don't know how to edit the wiki to add a photo. If I manage to get my pics in, I'll put the photos here so someone can grab it and edit the article.
I edited the Track List. However, for the rest, we really need to work like before, Beyblade article by Beyblade article. It will not be that long at all. If you want a picture to be added, then take choose one Beyblade which has the Track, and take photographs of everything so that they all match for the Beyblade article.

For instance, I know that the issue with the Rock Giraffe draft is about R145, so whatever is currently in the Track List should really not be there yet. If you can help us with the Rock Giraffe draft, that will be done.