Oct

Metal Fight Beyblade Returns to New York Once Again! (cancelled ;-;)

New York City, New York
Mineral Spings
West Side 69th Landscape Mineral Springs
  As soon as you enter through West Side 69th you'll most likely find us if you walk forward and then make a right but the place might change due to a lot of people in the usual spot. I will be providing a direct link to my exact location through google maps the day of the tournament so PLEASE stay updated if you cannot figure out where we will be.
11:30 AM on 10/7/2023
Format
Metal Fight Limited

A limited amount of official Metal Fight/Fusion gear can be used.

View Rulebook

Type
Deck

Up to three Beyblades are prepared for each First Stage match, with Bladers switching between them.

Read more
Admission
0 cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

[Image: Jo8RJJyNi_flER9c1R-up4F4As9D_v3s9PchT0HC...vEKXJ4wXRg]

After a while of NY state being dead in MFB, this tournament is going towards the cause of reviving this state to get more organizers and players in on the NY MFB fun!

Format: MFB Limited, RANKED, Deck format the ENTIRE TOURNAMENT (First to 3 points in first stage, first to 5 points in final stage)

Participant Cap: 20

Head Judge: SwagLakitu

About 10-15 minutes before the tournament I will put a Google Maps point that will show you directly where I am located and how to get there for the people still confused about where to find everyone for the tournament.

Tournament Details:

We will be meeting at Central Park in Manhattan, New York. I will be hosting my 2nd MFB tournament. The stadiums used will be various legal stadiums such as the BB-10 (clear), Takara Tomy Burst Standard (clear), and Sonokong Super Control (purple).

There WILL be prizes, they will be revealed at the tournament. The top 3 players in order of who did best to worst will choose what prize they want out of the 3.

MFB Limited Banlist:
[Image: V0RFoMbSh2A_0qHP8CFK2Gq1-w0b2dnPEVLr9uEj...uk6ZAqeGnA]
[Image: PB39mZJXoYqhUgS8uZKw83F8oIweLlc5desFPIhG...lwN4IX8vwQ]

Zero-G/Shogun Steel Chrome/Warrior Wheels
  • You may not combine Zero-G/Shogun Steel Chrome/Warrior Wheels and “Synchrome” them together in Limited Format.
  • You may use Chrome/Warrior Wheels with Crystal Wheels.
 Ban List Variations!
  • Banlist Variation: Gravity Ban
    • The following Metal Wheel may not be used in this tournament: Gravity
  • Banlist Variation: Libra Ban
    • The following Metal Wheel may not be used in this tournament: PHW Libra
  • Banlist Variation: Dark Knight Ban
    • The following Crystal Wheel may not be used in this tournament: Dark Knight/Ronin.
Tournament Schedule:

The tournament starts at 11:30 AM, September 30th, at Mineral Springs West Side at 69th Street in Central Park, Manhattan, New York

Need-to-Know Information
1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page
Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time
You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings
We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours
This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come to watch and play for fun instead!

5. Be Prepared For the Occasion
Bring appropriate clothing articles and accessories to keep yourself in top shape! I recommend a place to sit/lay down on like a small blanket or tarp for the grass, possibly folding chairs if you prefer to sit as well,  a removable sweater just in case it gets a little chilly, and basic necessities of course as the tournament will be going on for a while.

6. Listen For Your Username To Be Called
Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

7. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions
All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

8. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian
If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

9. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited
Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.
10. Terms of Service
All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Location help:

Subway and Bus Routes:
https://www.centralpark.com/visitor-info/get-directions/

Central Park Map which shows restroom locations and where we will hold the tournament: 
https://www.centralparknyc.org/locations/mineral-springs

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

This event has been approved.
Yo guys, thank you so much for filling this tournament up!! I was thinking of raising the cap but its kind of risky because you can get in trouble for having gatherings of over 20 people at once lol. The 1st thing I ask of yall is please do not enter the tournament if you’re unsure you'll be able to make it, to let those who definitely can commit, to have a spot. If you are thinking of coming and can definitely make it but the slots are full, leave a comment below in the thread and if a couple of people want to join but the participant counter is max. Ill try to raise the cap by 5 or so if a couple of people want to enter but just to play it safe if a lot of people want to come over the cap ill have the cap stay at 20 to keep it fair for those who came first.
no gravity why that was to be in my deck wahhhhhhhhhhhhh ahhhhhh
(Sep. 17, 2023  11:29 PM)Hector619 Wrote: no gravity why that was to be in my deck wahhhhhhhhhhhhh ahhhhhh

L bozo get good smh 

/j lol

But anyway i like this form of limited smh
By the way guys, near the tournament if a last second thing happens and you arent able to go, PLEASE contact me or wbo staff (if i dont respond) IMMEDIATELY!!!

Thanks!
Yo I’ll be bringing my Plastic gen beys and X beys if anyone wants to do friendlies after or before and we will be using my bb10 for the tourney as well
Yo! It seems its going to rain but only before the tournament starts, that shouldnt be an issue for the main tournament since I plan on bringing tarps to put over the wet terrain! This will only cover for the main stadiums and friendlies so I greatly advise bringing a lawn chair or a tarp of your own for personal use or for others!

Thanks a lot guys!

Hello! Due to the floods and terrible weather, I'll have to reschedule the tournament to take place on October 7th! I hope I can see you all there!

Thanks!
Dang I hope I won’t have work that day then
Aw man! That’s going to be hard on a holiday weekend. If there are a lot of people who can’t make it, is the next week Saturday possibility or this Sunday?
I vote for this Sunday since I don’t have work that day unless it’s too late?
(Sep. 30, 2023  1:55 AM)RumiColeDeanes Wrote: Aw man! That’s going to be hard on a holiday weekend. If there are a lot of people who can’t make it, is the next week Saturday possibility or this Sunday?

The thing is that im working mainly around my parents schedules as im only 15 lol, its hard to get them to drive me cause we’re all usually busy so it was hard to even find a date to do this or it would have just been cancelled. Saturday is the best I can do as if now but ill see what i can do 👍
(Sep. 30, 2023  7:38 AM)swaglakitu Wrote:
(Sep. 30, 2023  1:55 AM)RumiColeDeanes Wrote: Aw man! That’s going to be hard on a holiday weekend. If there are a lot of people who can’t make it, is the next week Saturday possibility or this Sunday?

The thing is that im working mainly around my parents schedules as im only 15 lol, its hard to get them to drive me cause we’re all usually busy so it was hard to even find a date to do this or it would have just been cancelled. Saturday is the best I can do as if now but ill see what i can do 👍

Did you tried kings games see if they got any spots available
(Sep. 30, 2023  9:29 PM)Hector619 Wrote:
(Sep. 30, 2023  7:38 AM)swaglakitu Wrote: The thing is that im working mainly around my parents schedules as im only 15 lol, its hard to get them to drive me cause we’re all usually busy so it was hard to even find a date to do this or it would have just been cancelled. Saturday is the best I can do as if now but ill see what i can do 👍

Did you tried kings games see if they got any spots available

Yeah i can try but those yu-gi-oh mfs be taking everything up 💀💀💀 i actually live upstate but i host tournaments in the city for ease of access for some people. Maybe ill try hosting one upstate and ill see how that goes, theres a very nice park about 3 minutes from my house that has a free to rent pavilion.
Yo! It seems its gonna rain again and istg this is the 5th time this has happened, what do yall wanna do, do yall wanna take the chance or cancel the tournament cause either way if it ends up raining its gonna get cancelled. If the rain chance goes below 70% ill see if i can buti doubt we’ll be able to have it.

Thanks!
(Oct. 05, 2023  12:45 PM)swaglakitu Wrote: Yo! It seems its gonna rain again and istg this is the 5th time this has happened, what do yall wanna do, do yall wanna take the chance or cancel the tournament cause either way if it ends up raining its gonna get cancelled. If the rain chance goes below 70% ill see if i can buti doubt we’ll be able to have it.

Thanks!

Iam gonna check the news before i decide
Welp, it looks like its gonna rain, ima have to cancel the tournament it seem like. This is the 5TH TIME 😭😭😭😭

Welp, ill probably try to host at least one more tournament this year 🙏

Im gonna start hosting upstate bc theres a park thats free to rent with a pavilion that would be rly easy to host in.

Thank you all for your understanding 👍
We need to make the NYC tournament happen Crying
(Oct. 07, 2023  3:54 AM)Ranzo Wrote: We need to make the NYC tournament happen Crying

Yeah im not 100% on hosting upstate ALL the time, im actively looking for an indoor venue!
(Sep. 30, 2023  7:38 AM)swaglakitu Wrote:

It’s so awesome you are doing this. I really hope it gets rescheduled
(Oct. 07, 2023  1:13 AM)swaglakitu Wrote: Welp, it looks like its gonna rain, ima have to cancel the tournament it seem like. This is the 5TH TIME 😭😭😭😭

Welp, ill probably try to host at least one more tournament this year 🙏

Im gonna start hosting upstate bc theres a park thats free to rent with a pavilion that would be rly easy to host in.

Thank you all for your understanding 👍

(Oct. 07, 2023  5:48 AM)swaglakitu Wrote:
(Oct. 07, 2023  3:54 AM)Ranzo Wrote: We need to make the NYC tournament happen Crying

Yeah im not 100% on hosting upstate ALL the time, im actively looking for an indoor venue!
Yeah lol i changed my mind quickly after that, im probably gonna try hosting upstate for the tournament after this one but im trying to reschedule the tournament and find an indoor venue but the only issue is that entry will be paid. About $5 iirc.
This matches for event have now been processed.