Metal Fight Beyblade DS

Tomy and Takara merged back in 2006. This should give the Tomy video game group access to the Choro-Q, Battle Beasts, and the Beyblade series. Takara developed Beyblade games in the past, but it looks like Hudson is handling them now since Hudson added Metal Fight Beyblade DS (temporary name) in their lineup of games. The dual screen, spinning top game is scheduled to come out in spring 2009 in Japan. This probably is related to the Beyblade revival currently going on in Japan.

News Source: HudsonGame Navi
Yeah man we had some rumors poping up in the MFB topic but i guess the link makes it official. Im sure we can use this as the official topic for the game. Might need to be moved into media though.
I hope this is decent. Specifically, an out-of-play structure like the ps1 game but gameplay more like the GBA outing (i.e. not an RPG, tournament and challenges or something)
I already posted everything in the Metal Fight Beyblade topic ...
Seriously...? Wow I'm actually tired of the Beyblade games, All of them. They should of like done something new like I dunno.

Video manga or something. It could have moving pictures, and special effects...

I dunno. Maybe I'm dumb.
Everlasting_Blader Wrote:I dunno. Maybe I'm dumb.
Not related to the topic but...

http://kotaku.com/5028856/manga-coming-to-japanese-wii

Seems like they wanna do it on the Wii instead... D:
Everlasting_Blader Wrote:Not related to the topic but...

this article doesn't mention the beyblade game at all

this has absolutely nothing to do with this, why did you post it here
Hopefully it'll introduce the new characters for the 2009 anime. And hopefully its good as the PS1/GC games.
Raiyu Wrote:And hopefully its good as the PS1/GC games.

glad to see we aren't hoping for too much
Everlasting_Blader Wrote:Not related to the topic but...

For your information, Librica (the company formed by manga publishers) is simply going to make some manga available to read on Wii. And Beyblade is not mentioned at all.

Hudson Soft wants to do it on the DS.

Raiyu Wrote:Hopefully it'll introduce the new characters for the 2009 anime.
Considering that the anime will have started airing a few months before the release date of this video game, I have almost no doubt.
Bey Brad Wrote:
Raiyu Wrote:And hopefully its good as the PS1/GC games.

glad to see we aren't hoping for too much
I enjoyed the GC game. It was pretty good.

Kai-V Wrote:
Raiyu Wrote:Hopefully it'll introduce the new characters for the 2009 anime.
Considering that the anime will have started airing a few months before the release date of this video game, I have almost no doubt.
Not necessarily. Wii version of Naruto Shippuden game came out exactly a week when it first aired.
I have fairly low standards in terms of video games, but even I couldn't like Super Tournament Battle, or the PS game, or the first GBA game. In fact, the only decent Beyblade game released in North America was the G-Revolution RPG.
I will admit that I played the GC game quite a bit with my cousin and had fun with it.

But that isn't to say its a very good game. Most of the fun we had with it was making fun of how awful the voice acting was. lol
Ugh, the sound-a-likes were horrendous, I don't know what made Atari do that. Atari is located in New York, and Nelvana is located in Toronto, not exactly globe troting...
the inherent problem with a beyblade video game is that there's no real reasoning for making it

there are already toys that do exactly what these things do in the video games, minus the monster summoning
Bey Brad Wrote:the inherent problem with a beyblade video game is that there's no real reasoning for making it

there are already toys that do exactly what these things do in the video games, minus the monster summoning

they should have a beyblade game for like the Wii that will be super realistic and cost 50 bucks.... oh waiot they do have one! Its called the "Go And Buy 5 Real beyblades" Game!!

But seriously, the toys do what the video games do and MORE... the video games go by stats not logic and physics. I mean, thats like picing up a Air Soft and then taking away gravity and all of laws of physics and calling it a game...
I'm actually somewhat surprised Hudson isn't making the/a game for the Wii (yet). With the nunchuk you could use the motion controls to shoot, by using the Wii mote as the shooter, to launch you would pull the nunchuk away from the wiimote to simulate pulling the winder from the shooter.
I know that didn't have anything to do with the new game. I'm just saying that I think they should of just made a new manga for the DS/or Wii. It's possible and I'm guessing it'll be very colorful!
Everlasting_Blader Wrote:I know that didn't have anything to do with the new game. I'm just saying that I think they should of just made a new manga for the DS/or Wii. It's possible and I'm guessing it'll be very colorful!

this is the epitome of off-topic
Gotruto Wrote:they should have a beyblade game for like the Wii that will be super realistic and cost 50 bucks.... oh waiot they do have one! Its called the "Go And Buy 5 Real beyblades" Game!!

I think this deserves a slow-clap

The reason the beyblade games have all sucked is because they're nothing like the show. As ridiculous as the series was, they make for lot better content in a video-game than the sort of half-grounded in reality stuff they've made on PSX and NGC. Understandably, not accurate enough to be considered a simulation, and not even close to the scope of the battles in the show.

In my opinion they should make the battles more exciting and more like the show by giving one-of enemies gimmicks (yes, gimmicks like making the room so hot the opposing 'blader loses the will to battle), special stages and matches (like king of the hill and team battles), way bigger stadiums (as in, the size of those in the show as opposed to life-sized stadiums), and cinematic gameplay that makes you feel like you're watching the show.

Needless to say the DS isn't a platform for this type of endeavor and a proper beyblade game will never be made
There is potential for this game to not suck, but it'll take a lot of work, I think.

That one on the game boy was horrendous ... eugh ... something to do with falling of badly textured ledges ...
i hope this one has cool stages like in the anime and its like the g force game with much better graphics
I heard about this before but was a bit iffy about it. As long as it is nothing like the GC, PSX and Gameboy version I will be happy.