Metal Faced Sagittario 90RF - the "Killer Sag" combo.

(Jun. 15, 2009  12:14 AM)Crimson Wrote: Many people consider Sagittario 145S to be the worst MFB when uncustomized out of box (Hell, even customized, many people can't find uses for the parts), yet one thing noticeable in Sag is the fact that even though it loses 99 out of 100 matches (Or something like that), every so often you can get a really fantastic looking victory where the opponent shoots away at fast speeds. It is a very rare occurrence and is basically impossible to replicate with continuous results.

That '1 in 100' victory can easily be explained as being caused by recoil in Sagittario's favour, for most of the time though, either the recoil doesn't happen, or it just doesn't work out right and Sagittario kills itself.

If anybody wants to see this crazy recoil in action, just check out this video that I did for the Beywiki Channel last year: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAbQ0iBOk_0

The recoil can be seen in the first two Sagittario battles, between 1:18-1:26. It's massive recoil works to its advantage in the first battle, and in the second it kills itself. This was against HMS, but the same thing still happens against MFB.
Just tried this combo.

First word that comes to mind is violent. Quetz has a more constant win rate, but when this thing wins it sends the opponent flying five feet from the dish.

Simply put it is a ton of fun to play with and most definitely gets the awesome stamp.
So, this is an improvement on my Leone concept? I need one now, lol.
i couldv'e swore i said this when i got sagitario, but i didn't have 105F.
(Jul. 26, 2009  7:38 PM)Gotruto Wrote: i couldv'e swore i said this when i got sagitario, but i didn't have 105F.

It uses 105RF. This combo is impossible to use without RF.
Forgot the difference, XD. My dragon S is worn so the rubber doesn't work nearly as well as it did.
(Jul. 26, 2009  11:40 PM)Gotruto Wrote: Forgot the difference, XD. My dragon S is worn so the rubber doesn't work nearly as well as it did.

Mine doesn't even circle anymore, just sort of messes around in the center of the stadium if it's flat, curved stadiums like MFB attack it just sits there.
i gave up on storm grip because it wears out in like ten battles

grip base was better
I've been messing around with this combo some more and have noticed something.

For those with some worn out RF's which don't work that well on their other main attack combos (quetz etc) I've found this combo to be more forgiving. It stills seems to win more frequently than when paired up with other wheels. It's performance against top tiered defense combos seemed pretty good.

I think it's due to the smaller (or nonexistant hole) which allows more rubber to grip the stadium. Slower but the hard hits are still there.

Anyone wanna try this out?

EDIT: I should probably mention that I used a 90 track not 105
a few things:
1) is there really enough spike-idge on saggy to be and effective attacker? i tried using aquario as an attacker and i found that the lack of pointedness meant that it often didnt have the umph to actually hit the opponent out the arena and ended up running out of steam.
2)why 105?
3) why did you try flat and not rubber flat straight off? i mean compared to RF all the other attck bases blow severly
4) if we're talking of the ordinary stuff (like saggy actually being usefull) then im gonna say something: i found my black pegasus wheel (non hybrid pegasus) to be a better attacker than its hybrid friend. the protrusions were so beasty it was, well, a beast! thanks for giving me the confidence to come out with that Smile i owe ya one
Can someone change the name of the thread to 90RF? Wink
The reason its under 105RF is because at the time of this topics creation, I hadn't yet begun using my Quetzalcoatl. Now that I actually use it, I use 90 on this thing.

(Aug. 23, 2009  1:19 AM)Khel Wrote: I've been messing around with this combo some more and have noticed something.

For those with some worn out RF's which don't work that well on their other main attack combos (quetz etc) I've found this combo to be more forgiving. It stills seems to win more frequently than when paired up with other wheels. It's performance against top tiered defense combos seemed pretty good.

I think it's due to the smaller (or nonexistant hole) which allows more rubber to grip the stadium. Slower but the hard hits are still there.

Anyone wanna try this out?

EDIT: I should probably mention that I used a 90 track not 105
Completely agree with this, The extremely worn RF I have doesn't work with Quetz or Storm, but on this combo it still is effective at KO'ing stuff.

(Aug. 24, 2009  1:30 AM)axe_ninja Wrote: a few things:
1) is there really enough spike-idge on saggy to be and effective attacker? i tried using aquario as an attacker and i found that the lack of pointedness meant that it often didnt have the umph to actually hit the opponent out the arena and ended up running out of steam.
2)why 105?
3) why did you try flat and not rubber flat straight off? i mean compared to RF all the other attck bases blow severly
4) if we're talking of the ordinary stuff (like saggy actually being usefull) then im gonna say something: i found my black pegasus wheel (non hybrid pegasus) to be a better attacker than its hybrid friend. the protrusions were so beasty it was, well, a beast! thanks for giving me the confidence to come out with that Smile i owe ya one
1) I'm not sure about the whole physics of it all, but it's not about being 'spikey' The design of Sag. gives it a very powerful attack (It's just not easy to 'harness' the power)
2) Posted the answer at the top of this post.
3) I've never used the original F on this, but my first itteration of this combo used WF which worked really well (But I assume that's because often times, I was able to hit the track)
4) Haha, Whilst I find Storm to be the better attacker, I do like Pegasis wheel, both the design and how it performs.
(Aug. 24, 2009  1:30 AM)axe_ninja Wrote: a few things:
2)why 105?

1) Yes, It should work great as long as you are using sliding shoot, or at the very least, banking. Same thing with Aquarrio.

2) She probably doesn't/didn't have anything better. You culd ue something lower, such as 90, if you wanted to. It would most likely be better.

3) Maybe she didn't have one originally?

4) Yeah... Storm actually has decent protrusions, unlike Pegasis's wheel, which is relatively circular. :\ Storm should work better.

EDIT: Oh snap, she beat me to it.
(Aug. 24, 2009  1:48 AM)Pichuscute Wrote: 1) Yes, It should work great as long as you are using sliding shoot, or at the very least, banking. Same thing with Aquarrio.

2) She probably doesn't/didn't have anything better. You culd ue something lower, such as 90, if you wanted to. It would most likely be better.

3) Maybe she didn't have one originally?

4) Yeah... Storm actually has decent protrusions, unlike Pegasis's wheel, which is relatively circular. :\ Storm should work better.

EDIT: Oh snap, she beat me to it.

thats what i find interesting about black peg, i still think it works better than speg even though everyone else says it doesnt. bit of an out-of-the-box idea. the protrusions are from what i've seen possibly the pointyest atm. and if you think lamens, then the pointyer the harder the hit and the more damage/knock-back you'll do to the opposing bey. i wanna get another archetype bey (libra is the really popular one isnt it?) and try it out against it compared to speg.
i dunno, i been sliding and banking with aquario and im still not getting enough whack outa it, sorta disapointing its a really nice balanced wheel.

crimson: i dont really know the physics that well myself but i think this is basically how it works: larger protrusions = larger hits and smoother wheel = extreamly little hit (hence why virgo is probably one of the most useless for an attacker). though saggy does have a sort of square look about it, who knows it may be just enough! good luck with it is all i can say!
I have found the Pegasis wheel to have some pretty decent smash. I have not done extensive testing with it.

In all honesty I prefer the sagg combo over Storm Pegasis 90RF.

Also Crimson you have the ability to edit the title of your own thread. just click and hold it in the Beyblade customizations page.
(Aug. 24, 2009  2:30 AM)axe_ninja Wrote: thats what i find interesting about black peg, i still think it works better than speg even though everyone else says it doesnt. bit of an out-of-the-box idea. the protrusions are from what i've seen possibly the pointyest atm. and if you think lamens, then the pointyer the harder the hit and the more damage/knock-back you'll do to the opposing bey. i wanna get another archetype bey (libra is the really popular one isnt it?) and try it out against it compared to speg.
i dunno, i been sliding and banking with aquario and im still not getting enough whack outa it, sorta disapointing its a really nice balanced wheel.

crimson: i dont really know the physics that well myself but i think this is basically how it works: larger protrusions = larger hits and smoother wheel = extreamly little hit (hence why virgo is probably one of the most useless for an attacker). though saggy does have a sort of square look about it, who knows it may be just enough! good luck with it is all i can say!

Try it against MF LibraC145WB or something similar.

Also, I believe it's smaller protruson=larger hits, generally. Can't explain it though. XD
Take a close look at the possible places a Storm Wheel will make contact for a smash attack and the possible places a Pegasis Wheel will make contact. If you do a bit of research and apply a bit of sense to your observations you'll see pretty much why Storm is a superior wheel to Pegasis in terms of smash.

For one thing, the gap between the 'wings' on Storm is larger and allows for more contact with the best Area of Contact for it's smash attack.

Pegasis is more rounded, so while it does have a smash attack of it's own from the protrusions, it isn't comparable to Storms or even Lightning L Drago. The space between the 'wings' on Pegasis is also noticeably less than Storm.

The weight is also not in Pegasis' favor, it moves slower than Storm, and IMO Pegasis relies on it's momentum more than Storm does. That being said, it's not useless, but certainly NOT a top tier part.

My testing with Sag has lead me to place it near H145 in terms of effectiveness. If you've tested H145 out before you can probably agree that it has a decent smash, however the recoil is detrimental, and overall, not a desirable effect. Sag functions the same way, nice smash, horrible recoil, most of the time Sag smashes opponents out, it's a double KO. Fun to play around with though for sure.

Khel, try using Storm 100RF, I find it's superior to Storm 90RF.
(Aug. 24, 2009  2:58 AM)Hiro Ayami Wrote: Khel, try using Storm 100RF, I find it's superior to Storm 90RF.

Is because, that small increase of height allows for better contact?
What about the combo MF Sagittario 85R2F?
Nice Necro..
Works just as well if not better, but with the introduction of the 230 track that combination is useless though.
Sag is very inconsistent, if I may add.
Wait, why the hell is this thread revived?
Saggitario is very inconsistent.

Against a Wide Ball Opponent: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrAr-txtNNA
Against a Coat Sharp Opponent: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAfAK4cd6...er&list=UL

My 90 has been lost in the making of the videos so I had to use 100. ( Yes, I love Led Zeppelin )