Messages for Hasbro and Nelvana

Trust me, I think we'd all jump for joy if the WBBA had organized play for older crowd. But consider that even in Japan there's no OP for you if you're not in elementary school and realize that hoping for it over here is setting yourself up for disappointment.
hi, im new here lol.

um, i wish they did have a category for over 15's = /

im 16 and because im from ireland (left out of everything ; P) and i was younger i kinda missed out on any proper competitions. i would love that if there were more competitions here i could compete in them. it sucks that the chances are unlikely though Unhappy
I was one of the guys going for a 15+ division, and heres the way I see it.

The BBA will most likely have the tourney for the younger age range, while also having open competition. IF, and this is a huge IF as in "not likely at all", there is a big enough group to fill out an older age range, they'd do it. But in the likely scenario, us older folks will get to watch, and blade while their targeted audience gets to participate fully.

The fact is, theres not alot of older people who will be buying and playing this, and thats why there will be no older category. Hopefully as the WBO grows, more and more tournaments will pop up, and the older crowd can participate there, but even right now just telling people that older bladers can just blade in the WBO is just kind of a bummer, because it is no where near large enough to compare to what the BBA will be doing. With the proper funding, and enough proactive hosts, we can change that though.
thats true i guess but i do think that there will be more people in an older age range than we'd think. i know a few people who would play again if/when it was/is brought back. but its a shame that we get left out, being the original fans and all Unhappy

also, Hasbro, please have competitions in northern ireland, it makes it harder to be apart of something when your left out = /

Xukori xx
(Aug. 16, 2009  6:43 AM)Xukori Wrote: thats true i guess but i do think that there will be more people in an older age range than we'd think. i know a few people who would play again if/when it was/is brought back. but its a shame that we get left out, being the original fans and all Unhappy

I don't doubt there will be a decent amount of older folks at the larger tournaments, but if it dosen't rival the number of younger bladers, they'll just pass us over. I've got my fingers crossed, but my hopes aren't up.
(Aug. 16, 2009  6:50 AM)The_General Wrote: I don't doubt there will be a decent amount of older folks at the larger tournaments, but if it dosen't rival the number of younger bladers, they'll just pass us over. I've got my fingers crossed, but my hopes aren't up.

me too, although i think they would be limiting the popularity slightly, although we'd still like it and buy/play them etc. there wouldnt be as much motivation as if there were an actual competition. i think it would help bring others into it, especially with the new mfb(/bmf) older kids etc will be more interested in them and mightnt see them as 'childish' as the plastic ones....if you get what i mean Confused lol
hmm yeah i reckon the reason people stoped playing over here was cause there was no compettions or they just didnt see the v force and g rev who knows
but i dont think they would do compettions for older people thats more of less what WBO is doing running events for older people
i guess Crying
i miss when beyblade was big....i need to move to japan....>> where pokemon is also still big.....Tongue_out

it is a shame though, i'd love to attend a proper tournement (probably spelt wrong...). hopefully mfb/bmf will bring it back like before....or better....who knows?
The eyes on the clear wheel are important! The stickers are too small.
The eyes should be permanent on the wheel like the pictures on the first versions of faces.
Thanks

p.s. All stikers are very very very uncomfortable
(Aug. 16, 2009  7:36 AM)Xukori Wrote: i guess Crying
i miss when beyblade was big....i need to move to japan....>> where pokemon is also still big.....Tongue_out

it is a shame though, i'd love to attend a proper tournement (probably spelt wrong...). hopefully mfb/bmf will bring it back like before....or better....who knows?

sammy sekkoum from from london just came second in the pokemon world championships in california last nigh in the masters devision (15+).
pokemon is stronger than ever, it may not have random kids in the pplayground with a stack of cards pretending to play, but tournements and such are exptreamly strong. thats always why i feel optimism about all-age OP for this. because adults are always the strongest players
(Aug. 16, 2009  6:02 PM)axe_ninja Wrote: sammy sekkoum from from london just came second in the pokemon world championships in california last nigh in the masters devision (15+).
pokemon is stronger than ever, it may not have random kids in the pplayground with a stack of cards pretending to play, but tournements and such are exptreamly strong. thats always why i feel optimism about all-age OP for this. because adults are always the strongest players

not in Ireland Wink

we get nothing lol
As a kid I just wanted to be able to buy parts separately so I could build my own blade from scratch.
I never really had the money to buy loads of new blades and most parts came from what I won in battle from other bladers so something like that would be great for kids on a budget or just the creative bladers out there looking for an original blade to call their own!
Can 15 year old play or is the limit 14
Cuz by the time it's released ill be 15
Anyway even if older people go to the tourney's it'll look wierd on us maybe not that much on me but yeah.
Like a 9 year old kid vs a 17 year old obviously a 9 year old will not be as skilled and wil most likely loose so the younger kids will get flushed out of the comp in a way if you know what I mean, and I don't see them making devisions unless we can tempt alot more older kids into playing but i'm fine sticking to WBO tourney's for now (when I get to go to one anyway) .
My only messages for Hasbro are:
1. Please stick to takara moulds Wink
and
2. Beylauncher needs sorting out.
(Aug. 16, 2009  7:57 PM)Xukori Wrote: not in Ireland Wink

we get nothing lol

ireland has pokemon OP
(Aug. 16, 2009  9:35 PM)AlphaBlader Wrote: Can 15 year old play or is the limit 14
Cuz by the time it's released ill be 15
Anyway even if older people go to the tourney's it'll look wierd on us maybe not that much on me but yeah.
Like a 9 year old kid vs a 17 year old obviously a 9 year old will not be as skilled and wil most likely loose so the younger kids will get flushed out of the comp in a way if you know what I mean, and I don't see them making devisions unless we can tempt alot more older kids into playing but i'm fine sticking to WBO tourney's for now (when I get to go to one anyway) .
My only messages for Hasbro are:
1. Please stick to takara moulds Wink
and
2. Beylauncher needs sorting out.
the suprising thing is, a few years back an 8 year old kid won yu-gi-oh (spit) world championships. it completely stoked every player cause before then no kid could quite match adults (no age devisions).so hey, everything is possible.
we dont have competition of alot of things....pokemon is pretty much extinct here lol. yu-gi-oh and stuff there are only play competitions at Q-con every year....maybe thats just belfast/up north (NI) tho = /
(Aug. 17, 2009  1:36 AM)axe_ninja Wrote: the suprising thing is, a few years back an 8 year old kid won yu-gi-oh (spit) world championships. it completely stoked every player cause before then no kid could quite match adults (no age devisions).so hey, everything is possible.

Yu-gi-oh is different you don't need the same kind of skill beyblade does.
Beylade needs launch tactics and stuff along with cosmization and that.
And I don't think an 8 year old will look for that kinda stuff on the internet.
For Yu-gi-oh all you gotta do is to pull out a stupid card from a deck and put them in defence or attack or whatever (I don't watch it)
And it's nothing you can't get off the anime.
(Aug. 17, 2009  3:30 PM)AlphaBlader Wrote: Yu-gi-oh is different you don't need the same kind of skill beyblade does.
For Yu-gi-oh all you gotta do is to pull out a stupid card from a deck and put them in defence or attack or whatever (I don't watch it)

If you actully knew anything about yu gi oh you would know it takes time to build a good deck with a good stratagy and be able to know and have the cards you need to make your stratagey work

And the anime doesnt teach you how to play yu gi oh you have to learn the real rules and what the cards realy do

maybe you should just play it then youll get what i mean x_x
my message to hasbro is... PLease don't change the stadiums
(Aug. 17, 2009  3:30 PM)AlphaBlader Wrote: Yu-gi-oh is different you don't need the same kind of skill beyblade does.

The fact that you don't play the game kind off negates what you just said, but you are right for the most part: Yu-Gi-Oh! is a trading card/strategy games whereas Beyblade is a toy/strategy, so you can't really compare them!
Listen, Beyblade is for kids; let them have fun. We do have the WBO, which is a little bit more organized than Hasbro's competition (for the most part)

(Aug. 17, 2009  3:30 PM)AlphaBlader Wrote: And it's nothing you can't get off the anime.
Off topic: but you don't watch the show yet you make this assumption? The rules in the show is as far off as any anime marketing a game can be. When I first picked up Yu-Gi-Oh!, I was surprised how much more strict the real-life rules were.
I have only got one request for hasbro

make them epic

there is alot more skill involved in card games that beyblade imo.
i know yu-gi-oh is an extreamly stale game and i recomend anyone to pokemon tbh because its simply better but:

1) card games have alot more cutomisation potential than beyblade
2) 99% of card games have many more cotrolable factors involed, the only real luck in most is that of the draw, though i gotta be honest once its in the stadium the game is completely out of your control.
3) i really didnt expect anyone to have such an obviously narrow minded oppinion to something they dont understand

(Aug. 17, 2009  5:18 PM)Umblumb Wrote: I have only got one request for hasbro

make them epic

this comment is epic win (Y)
This has gone beyond off topic.
This thread isn't for the discussion of strategy comparisons between two completely different games, if you want to do that, then PM each other about it.
This is purely for suggestions to Hasbro about Beyblade, and nothing else.
(Aug. 18, 2009  8:43 PM)theflightyellz Wrote: This has gone beyond off topic.
This thread isn't for the discussion of strategy comparisons between two completely different games, if you want to do that, then PM each other about it.
This is purely for suggestions to Hasbro about Beyblade, and nothing else.

realax due. this is all relevent , it just doesnt look it. see this all usful in some way, hasbro now know that beyblades arent as customisable as a TCG deck and feature less control over whats going on. so now they know not to promote to religous TCG players (by religous i mean they're hardcore) because it doesnt push the same buttons as a TCG. even more reason why it probably wont be promoted for adults (doouh) but hey such as life.

plus dont worry about it, its an internet forum, its bout to go off topic every now and again.
(Aug. 18, 2009  8:59 PM)axe_ninja Wrote: realax due. this is all relevent , it just doesnt look it. see this all usful in some way, hasbro now know that beyblades arent as customisable as a TCG deck and feature less control over whats going on. so now they know not to promote to religous TCG players (by religous i mean they're hardcore) because it doesnt push the same buttons as a TCG. even more reason why it probably wont be promoted for adults (doouh) but hey such as life.

plus dont worry about it, its an internet forum, its bout to go off topic every now and again.

Its not supposed too, but the definition of off topic is ever so changing. I beleave its off topiuc if someone readomly says "I like pie" or somehting like that in the QandA thread. This is a thread for having ur voice heard concerning the international mf release, and axe_ninja is letting it out. He's intitled to his own oppinion, so deal.

----------------------------------------

And to the dope who's about to say "Well we're entitled to an opinion on ur opinion",

Yeah, u are. But not the extend of arguing over it.

----------------------------------------
Quote:I have only got one request for hasbro

make them epic

Amen.
This may sound stupid, but:

Hasbro, please sell the upcoming MFB's at wal-mart, Zellers, and Toys R us again,

and

make a hobby league, at hobby stores host tourneys, or just a time to come and play on like, Friday nights or something.