Mega Man 9

This is exciting. At first I was disappointed with the 8-bit design choice; I would have really liked for it to look like Mega Man 8, but now that I think it over, it should still be just as enjoyable. The difficulty will be on par with the originals, there will be 8-bit music, cut-scenes, etc. It's like they're releasing a NES game again!

I'm pretty blown away by this actually, has anything like this ever really been done? A major installment of a series being released as a downloadable only title in the style of the original from 20 years ago. This is a day one purchase for me. Can't wait!
I read somewhere on 1up that it might be released onto the PS3 and XBL Arcade as well.

If so, I can't wait either. I don't favor the rest of the Megaman line, mainly the EXE/Battle Network/Starforce because it just doesn't bring me the joy as the Classic series.

Plus the music was bangin' too.
bugturtles Wrote:I read somewhere on 1up that it might be released onto the PS3 and XBL Arcade as well.
Yeah, it's going to be on WiiWare, XBLA, and PSN.
that's amazing whoa
Do they really have to go that far back in time? Just give me MegaMan Legends 3 and I'll be as happy as a spring flower!
Bumpking12 Wrote:Do they really have to go that far back in time? Just give me MegaMan Legends 3 and I'll be as happy as a spring flower!

holy carp yes
......splash woman? What happened to good old sexist bosses?
Bumpking12 Wrote:Do they really have to go that far back in time? Just give me MegaMan Legends 3 and I'll be as happy as a spring flower!

This will be cool too.
Sweet! I love Rockman cant wait! Joyful_3
I won't touch a Megaman game unless it has Zero except for Megaman 64 which will always be my favourite =)
Litrid Wrote:I won't touch a Megaman game unless it has Zero except for Megaman 64 which will always be my favourite =)
Are you kidding me? Mega Man 1-8 were amazing!
Kei Wrote:
bugturtles Wrote:I read somewhere on 1up that it might be released onto the PS3 and XBL Arcade as well.

Nope.

Its been backpedaled. Mega Man 9 is exclusively on WiiWare, for now at least.

http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2008/06/30/...ware-only/
Roan Wrote:Nope.

Whaaat.

They will be missing out on a lot of money if they don't put it on XBLA. If they are meaning to pay tribute to the original MM's, then I guess it makes sense that it would be on a Nintendo console, but that really is stupid. Hopefully they change their minds.
who cares we'll all be playing chrono trigger ds
Roan Wrote:
Kei Wrote:

Nope.

god dammit

and i was sooooo excited to spend money on this game too

damn you, capcommm
Kei Wrote:
Litrid Wrote:I won't touch a Megaman game unless it has Zero except for Megaman 64 which will always be my favourite =)

You can't dash. </thread>
Kei Wrote:

Whaaat.

They will be missing out on a lot of money if they don't put it on XBLA. If they are meaning to pay tribute to the original MM's, then I guess it makes sense that it would be on a Nintendo console, but that really is stupid. Hopefully they change their minds.

Haha, the carp 360 d-pad would have made it horrible to play the god damn thing.

With that being said, carp yes WowWare. Can't wait to clean out my fridge for this.

Sam: Megaman was originally 8 bit and they wanted to emulate the feeling fans got from the consensus best one, Megaman 2, which was 8 bit.
Composer of Requiems Wrote:
Kei Wrote:

You can't dash. </thread>

pretty much

enjoy your 'exclusive'
Composer of Requiems Wrote:
Kei Wrote:Are you kidding me? Mega Man 1-8 were amazing!

You can't dash.
Sadly.

But, I never said they were as good as the X series!
flashfox Wrote:
Kei Wrote:

Whaaat.

Haha, the carp 360 d-pad would have made it horrible to play the god damn thing.

I don't really mind using the analog for this hahaha
Really? I wouldn't dare try to touch 8-bit with an analog stick, it just doesn't feel right...

I wonder if that will even be supported...
Kei Wrote:

Except the first 8 megaman games. Those were good, but a carp carp to play.
Ohhh slide dash might be in after all yayyyyy