Maple Story

Gah, I got back into this game post-bb. The new potential mechanic is so money-burning (miracle cubes piss me off so much) but all-in-all 1-120 is a much better experience than before. I've already outleveled my NL...

It took me ~4 years to get to 130 on HornyElmo, my NL
I'm already 133 on my F/P, BDao

If you play in Bellocan, buddy me. I only have like 8 friends that still play the game from when my NL was my main, so my guild/alliance is basically my only source of help/etc.
T_T;; I played Maplestory, my char is only like lvl 40. XD. Cause I suck like that.

I heard that if you dont play for a while Maplestory sends you a gift to come back.

SO im waiting? XD
I started a week ago, and now a level 17 Rogue. lol. Also:
12 Pirate
10 Bowman
lol. Well, atleast it's only been a week.
EDIT: I play on MapleSEA, the South East Asia version. lol. Guess I won't be meeting anyone from here.
me, my mom, and my brother loved playing Maple Story, but we haven't been able to play (for like a year o 2) because it wont work on windows 7 Unhappy

i have a level 28? rouge, (my mom is like a level 40+ assassin IIRC) i would be a higher level but like i said, because of windows 7 i haven't played

and IIRC i play on Bellocan
139 pirate
106 wild hunter <--- quit because I found beyblade in my life.

maplestory. biggest waste of my life ever.
Way too many times I've tried to download the game, but it kept taking FOREVER to finish, so I always quit halfway. Any suggestions as to how to fix it?
(Mar. 01, 2011  6:54 AM)Gearfried97 Wrote: Way too many times I've tried to download the game, but it kept taking FOREVER to finish, so I always quit halfway. Any suggestions as to how to fix it?

download it while you sleep, when you wake up it will be done (thats what i did) <- offtopic?
LOL, an update.
17 Rouge
16 Aran
14 Night Walker (KoC)
I didn't do too well with my Pirate and Bowman. Aran and KoC's are more my type.
Which should I make my main? Aran or Rouge? I'm not sure.
(Mar. 05, 2011  9:09 AM)Jellyboy Wrote: LOL, an update.
17 Rouge
16 Aran
14 Night Walker (KoC)
I didn't do too well with my Pirate and Bowman. Aran and KoC's are more my type.
Which should I make my main? Aran or Rouge? I'm not sure.

well it depends if you need mussel or speed

i find rouges the best, with their: high chance of hitting, great chance of getting something good (i find i can get stuff from monsters easier with a rouge then other classes), has fast attacking, can use both close and ranged attacks, and great doge chance. their only draw backs are that they are not the strongest, and can get hurt worse then most others (if they get hit)

edit: forgot they can also be expensive to use if you like to use throwing stars

i havent used an aran but my brother has one: they look powerful but hard to use

but yeah it is up to you
Lvl 56 Hunter! See, I quit maplestory 2 yrs ago. (alot of people did actualy) 3 months ago, I got back into it. Unfortunatly, my old lvl 40+ Hunter and the rest of my account was inexcessiable. I was able to redownload maplestory and everything, and my old account was still active but everytime i logged on, i could only get as far as the worlds screen. no matter what i tried, i kept getting disconnected. so i deleted it and made a new 1. after only 2 months, (i have not plYed recently) my new Hunter hit lvl 56 and thanks to the big bang, i am so much stronger. as opposed to 2 yrs ago, where bowman couldnt do carp to save thier lives. and it took me a year back then to hit about lvl 40. i love the new changes!

KRADIANS UNITE!
i bet nothing diffrent from the early dayed maple story
Mechs ruined maple though....waaaaaaay to overpowered....i remember back 2 years ago everyone said that Pirates would completely ruin Maplestory someday... we were right...
(Mar. 07, 2011  5:34 AM)zaneeago Wrote: i bet nothing diffrent from the early dayed maple story

1st off i did not play much

2nd, no need to be an carp

3rd, you are a noob. the EXP curve was much lower back than, and bowman had it the worst out of all the classes, so please shut up as you have no idea what you are talking about
So I finally downloaded Maple Story, and (although it usually crashes my computer) it's kinda fun. I only have one character right now; a Level 15 Evan.
I hate myself. I can't make up my mind. I changed my chars again...
18 Aran
14 KoC Striker
???
What should I choose for my last, the normal Thief or Dual Blade? Grrrr. Oh well.
Gearfried97
You should level it to 30, if you can. Also if you can still make characters, make an Aran or Thief. Evan isn't exactly the best, and if you level Aran high enough, it's killer, or so I've heard. The start of Aran is quite hard though. And Thieves are good because they may be expensive, but they really pay off in the later levels.
(Mar. 08, 2011  10:18 AM)Jellyboy Wrote: I hate myself. I can't make up my mind. I changed my chars again...
18 Aran
14 KoC Striker
???
What should I choose for my last, the normal Thief or Dual Blade? Grrrr. Oh well.

your KoC Striker is a Night Walker? if so, Night Walkers are about the same as thiefs from what i can tell, so if you choose thief it would be like playing the same character (almost, not exactly) i say Dual Blade.

anyways i am going to try and get my mom to fix maple story Joyful_2
It doesn't even take an hour to get to 30 anymore. This game is a lot less grind heavy, although it still remains to be a grind-fest at the higher levels.

I hope that changes with tomorrow's patch... I no longer invest much of my time on this game anymore so I don't really care either way.

F/P is 143 now, and that has only taken a couple of months compared to the ~4 years it took for me to get my NL to 130 pre-bb.
(Mar. 10, 2011  6:47 AM)Elmo Wrote: It doesn't even take an hour to get to 30 anymore. This game is a lot less grind heavy, although it still remains to be a grind-fest at the higher levels.

I hope that changes with tomorrow's patch... I no longer invest much of my time on this game anymore so I don't really care either way.

F/P is 143 now, and that has only taken a couple of months compared to the ~4 years it took for me to get my NL to 130 pre-bb.

WHAT

It took me an HOUR to get to Level 10 on my Evan... maybe I'm doing something wrong.

It's Level 20 now.
Had a 59 Aran
Had a 50 Evan
Had a 49 KOC
Had a 35 SpearMan

Man I Sucked.
Evans and Arans have the wordt lvling curve, but thatsstill better than peri-Big Bang. I loke the new exp curve. See, reason I was turning away from MS was because the game's proggress was unnecisarily wrong. People got bred quickly. So now, its like 10x to lvl.
-Level 24 Evan
-Level 12 Dawn Warrior
-???

I can't decide what I should make now. I've tried Night Walker and Thunder Breaker and I'm not really liking Dawn Warrior either. Any suggestions?
(Mar. 12, 2011  9:32 PM)Gearfried97 Wrote: -Level 24 Evan
-Level 12 Dawn Warrior
-???

I can't decide what I should make now. I've tried Night Walker and Thunder Breaker and I'm not really liking Dawn Warrior either. Any suggestions?
Wind Breaker. But do you really want KoC? An Aran, Thief or Mechanic/Wild Hunter would be much better, unless you're aiming for Empress' Blessing.
Anyways, an update again. I've been playing MapleSEA this whole time, but I switched to GMS, so new characters.

15 Mechanic
13 Wild Hunter
1 Dual Blade

Good build?
You can't say that you don't like a class after getting to just level 12...
I decided to stick with it for a few more levels and make a final decision then.

Btw, another update:

-Level 32 Evan
-Level 21 Dawn Warrior
I play this! Grin lvl 106 mech add me if you want Poke3mon bera

Dawn Warrior is pretty good at 3rd job they have soul driver
Soul Driver's best use is mobbing though. Not so good for bossing. Anyway.

24 Mechanic
20 Rogue (to-be assasin)
16 Swordsman (to-be spearman)

So far so good. I got some NX recently, so I will get a few EXP coupons.