[Manchester(?), UK]

Hi,

Still new and finding my feet, doing my research etc., I am very motivated to get something happening in the North of England, maybe Manchester or Leeds.

I am more than happy to take care of the proposal/ organizational side of things but given that I have not competed in an official WBO tournament, I feel it would be appropriate to have some support from a know quantity on the day when it comes down to judging etc. (I have had a kind offer of assistance from one of the London members.)

So, any bladers North of England who are still active? Or from anywhere else in the UK that may be interested in competing up north.
I'm from Huddersfield so I could do either manc or Leeds. Be good to get some practise in with something like this. :3
I'm from Manchester, and I would battle but sadly I'm probably not allowed to go.
(Mar. 01, 2015  10:05 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: I'm from Manchester, and I would battle but sadly I'm probably not allowed to go.
Why would that be?

Anyway,I might be in manchester some time this year.
(Mar. 01, 2015  10:32 PM)Classik Wrote:
(Mar. 01, 2015  10:05 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: I'm from Manchester, and I would battle but sadly I'm probably not allowed to go.
Why would that be?

My parents won't let me go, as I mentioned, my mother thinks it's a stupid baby games and any adult playing it are "Brainless Immature Freaks". I also have College.
(Mar. 01, 2015  11:06 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote:
Why would that be?

My parents won't let me go, as I mentioned, my mother thinks it's a stupid baby games and any adult playing it are "Brainless Immature Freaks". I also have College.

My parents are the exact same so I feel ya! It's ashame its not socially accepted for us over here Unhappy but I'm 24 so they can't stop me from having a day out :p

But yeah either way I'm so game!! Grin when you thinking of doing it?
Not sure, most likely my holiday even though it's also unlikely.

It's sad the UK isn't so popular with beyblade, and we don't get any stuff, and we ran out of what we had and people make fun of beyblade too.
(Mar. 02, 2015  12:07 AM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: Not sure, most likely my holiday even though it's also unlikely.

It's sad the UK isn't so popular with beyblade, and we don't get any stuff, and we ran out of what we had and people make fun of beyblade too.

I know! I was hesitant to come back into it, had to think about it for a few weeks. But I thought "life's to short" I know I'll get the usual "oh god girls don't play beyblade" but I'm past caring. People still play Pokemon... What's up with blading? That's how I see it anyway Smile plus blading is a physical activity not a silly Nintendo 3DS game XD
Well we can see who is up for a tournament and then work something out in terms of dates. I am 38 and home educate my two sons so I am not really limited by the academic year.

Salamence91, do you have any tournament legal stadiums? I have a BB-10, but not the BBG-04. What format would you be interested in? (Even if we can't get anything organised officially I am in Rochdale so it is a no change train journey to get to Huddersfeild.)

I have my two sons too. So that is two more bladers.

Jinbee, "Brainless immature freaks." I don't know your mother so I will refrain from comment. If I did conform to her preconception of me I probably would give an unconsidered response, but I am too mature for that! Wink

Why would that be?

That would be awesome if you could make time when you are here in the UK. I have heard a couple of stories about difficulties of flying with Bey's in hand luggage. Having them in suitcases that will go into the cargo hold will avoid the risk of having them confiscated.

I am not so interested in having a one off tournament. I hope to try and build a scene here in Manchester. I know there are Bladers around because the Hasbro stuff that I have seen available locally has nearly all been sold.
i'll be interested,tournament or not
im in cardiff for a while
Cool,

Salamace91 had mentioned her cousin to me. Balance Blader is a possible after he finishes his exams in summer.

I think we can easily get eight+

Any preferences for format? I know there are a few who would be up for plastics. I think if numbers allow it would be cool to try and accommodate two formats in the one day. Any thoughts?
I'm from leeds. I don't know whether or not I'll be able to make manchester but, if nothing happens 'til july I'll see what I can do. I'm already booked up for all of june.
I come with one standard attack type stadium from the metal era, should I be there.
Sweet! May be we can get something together for the summer July August.

My parents are having trouble at the moment and my mother has been staying with my family for a while so I have not really been logging in other than to check PMs.
Glad to See more places in the UK are trying to get tournaments going, Lets keep it up!^-^
Good to see other UK based guys branching out. Id be up for a trip to manchester sometime in the summer!
Wait, when are you going? If I manage to finish my work, I could consider it.

Also where in Manchester?
Probably somewhere central near the train stations. Piccadilly Gardens could be good but it might be very crowded in summer. There is the area by Victoria station next to what used to be the URBIS gallery.
Wait, Piccadilly gardens? That's where my no. 8 bus stops at whenever I visit Manchester, it depends on the date and whether or not I want to come.
I May consider having a trip up to Manchester for a tournament as well so if you guys can come up with a location, I will then be able to discuss it with my mum how I will travel there and it should be fine! ^-^
So, does this still have any chance of happening?
It might do depending on if there's 7 or more definite attendees. If so, I'll make an effort to come up north and help out Grin Please remember, there are monthly tournaments in London if anyone can make it down Tongue_out
London from Leeds is a hell of a journey. I've done it for work and really hope I never have to again.
That's why I'm as on board as I am for this.

EDIT: I should probably state before it comes up, I'm away on the 24th-26th of this month so won't be able to make any rememberance day events.
Just in case anyone hasn't seen it yet and is up for a trip to London we have an event planned for the 19th (This Saturday) Take a look here
Wish I could make london events but they're 4 hours of very pricey travel both ways. Still down for manchester/leeds though if anyone else is.
Its the same sort of travel for me. As a suggestion make a long weekend out of it see the sights and play spinning tops! haha