Make your suggestions!

^ This is the problem though:
When somebody registers on the thread of the tournament, as a possible or even attending, they don't always end up coming. If not even one person doesn't come that registered, the set-up is hard to re-arrange involving giving somebody's number to somebody else, who is battling who, etc.
And that problem is evident like in the montreal tournament today
(Jan. 09, 2011  12:08 AM)Pockyx3 Wrote: ^ This is the problem though:
When somebody registers on the thread of the tournament, as a possible or even attending, they don't always end up coming. If not even one person doesn't come that registered, the set-up is hard to re-arrange involving giving somebody's number to somebody else, who is battling who, etc.
That's why I never count maybes unless I know that they've shown up before. If you commit to come, your match is set. By bailing, you forfeit.

And what do you mean by number?
I've seen multiple instances when "attendees" didn't show.
And, when everyone registers at a tournament, everyone is given a number, then everybody is divided into blocks with one block "leader" in each.

The block leader is in charge of the beybattles in his/her block, and he/she records the results by using the person's number (Example: #3 and #5 is called to the stadium by the block leader, #1 wins and is recorded.)
At the end after all the battles are done in the block he/she reports it to the tournament host. Depending on attendance, a certain number goes on to Semi finals, and process is repeated. This is how we do things in Toronto.

Basically a number is used for organization and it would be a lot more hectic without it.
(Jan. 09, 2011  12:24 AM)Pockyx3 Wrote: I've seen multiple instances when "attendees" didn't show.
And, when everyone registers at a tournament, everyone is given a number, then everybody is divided into blocks with one block "leader" in each.

The block leader is in charge of the beybattles in his/her block, and he/she records the results by using the person's number (Example: #3 and #5 is called to the stadium by the block leader, #1 wins and is recorded.)
At the end after all the battles are done in the block he/she reports it to the tournament host. Depending on attendance, a certain number goes on to Semi finals, and process is repeated. This is how we do things in Toronto.

Basically a number is used for organization and it would be a lot more hectic without it.
Oh, in NY we just do names, which would essentially be the same thing.

I'll give you an example of what I mean. Here's a (fictitious) list of confirmed attendees for a (fictitious) tournament:
Bluezee
Deikailo
Redcom001
Shining Blaze
Cye Kinomiya
jonnb
lilhobohunter
metal wolf

So then let's say we do a block tournament, making the list like this:
Deikailo vs. shining blaze
redcom001 vs. bluezee
cye kinomiya vs. jonnb
lilhobohunter vs. metal wolf
EMPTY vs. EMPTY

That block format would be determined one or two days before the tournament. You'd keep blank spots for the maybes or anyone who will show up unannounced. Then, we're going to say that I (Deikailo) didn't show. I'd lose my match via forfeit along with my beypoints. Shining Blaze would advance.

This would encourage more commitment. To any tournament organizer, it's a terrible feeling knowing people don't show up to your tournament. I'd also suggest keeping the entire list private, only to be shared between committee and organizer to cut back on anyone who would be scared (God forbid) of facing a strong challenge who they believe will overpower them to the point where there'd be no point in trying.
Create a WBO Shop on a seperate sub domain, ie shop.worldbeyblade.org

Let dimsum2u run the Official WBO shop since he is the main authorised seller?

It will be more organised ie no need for lots of threads and lots of personal messages between dimsum2u and members?
Setting up a shop would be more difficult than people just contacting dimsum2u personally and him shipping things directly ... Plus, it does not mean that dimsum2u will always be the only main Authorized Dealer.
I think there should be ultimate beyblades like ultimate dark bull or ultimate poison serpent
That has nothing to do with the WBO itself...
Could we get the theme updated? You know, galaxy/big bang pegasis replacing storm in the header, maybe some kind of pattern instead of a gradient, perhaps some animation...

Speaking of animation, has anyone considered using a flash header?
(Feb. 08, 2011  2:51 AM)Deikailo Wrote: Could we get the theme updated? You know, galaxy/big bang pegasis replacing storm in the header, maybe some kind of pattern instead of a gradient, perhaps some animation...

Speaking of animation, has anyone considered using a flash header?

I was actually just thinking about this last night. The problem is that changing the theme requires A LOT of graphic work, and I don't really know if we have anyone around that would be up to it.

I would volunteer, but I'm not so sure I'm the right person for the job, and on top of that I'm not so sure I want the workload. lol
I would totally do it if my hard drive hadn't disappeared.

I think a flash banner would be an amazing idea.
Personally, I would hate a flash banner.
(Feb. 08, 2011  3:25 AM)Deikailo Wrote: I would totally do it if my hard drive hadn't disappeared.

I'm not too keen on the flash banner thing, I feel like it would make the page lag. Also, I'm biased against flash in general.

I do think the forum scheme needs an update though, we've been using this one for literally years.
(Feb. 08, 2011  6:07 AM)Roan Wrote:
(Feb. 08, 2011  3:25 AM)Deikailo Wrote: I would totally do it if my hard drive hadn't disappeared.

I'm not too keen on the flash banner thing, I feel like it would make the page lag. Also, I'm biased against flash in general.

I do think the forum scheme needs an update though, we've been using this one for literally years.

Please dont tell me your Steve Jobs in disguise Pinching_eyes_2

Can we have the regular two images in your signature, then a few emoticons on top? Im trying to fit a Userbar and Sig, plus the smug emote, but I cant.
I think we should make Akiradaddy and official seller like Dimsum is. Also I definatly agree that we need a new banner. Who made the current one?
I say no on a animated banner! It would make the page lag. Plus it's a pain on the Wii with lag.

I still think we should have a Music forum. That or an Anime forum. It would free up a lot of clutter in the Media forum.
No Flash Banner please, If I am using this through my iPhone or PSP then it would be weird, Even though I'm great at Flash.Although, we do need a change of style, The theme is great, Colour scheme... Beautiful, But the banner is getting kinda old.Also, AkirasDaddy is just as good as Dimsum2u, I think he should be added to the Authorised Dealers.
I hope this is not a double post:

I think there should be a WBO Face for maintaining a 0% Warning Level for a certain amount of time, If there is already a face similar to this, Delete this post. But, I checked the Faces list and I didn't understand how to get most of them, But whatever I understood, There is no face like this one.

I also think that there should be a 'Rate My Combo' topic, It would free a lot of cluster in the Beyblade Customizations forum. I could make the thread, But I just want to make sure it is relevant.
(Feb. 18, 2011  1:51 PM)Electric Wrote: I hope this is not a double post:

I think there should be a WBO Face for maintaining a 0% Warning Level for a certain amount of time, If there is already a face similar to this, Delete this post. But, I checked the Faces list and I didn't understand how to get most of them, But whatever I understood, There is no face like this one.

I also think that there should be a 'Rate My Combo' topic, It would free a lot of cluster in the Beyblade Customizations forum. I could make the thread, But I just want to make sure it is relevant.

I agree. A rate my combo topic would be useful, as long as it doesn't get spammed with worthless combos like "Dark___ M145 MS"
But rate my combo is pretty much "build me a combo!"
People can say things In build me a combo like-
"hey bro's, wuzzup diggy dawgs. I made this combo, it is mf poison Escolpio m145 JB. Is it good? What can I do to make it better?"

So I see no need for a rate my combo thread.
we should have a travaling tourna ment to every were there are bladers so every blader can have a chance
(Feb. 18, 2011  1:51 PM)Electric Wrote: I hope this is not a double post:

In my opinion the Antique Face can hold this meaning as well, in a way. Because, time can mean nothing, as a member could just post very few messages over a long period, yet the number of good posts without a warning level essentially goes back to what the Antique Face does.

I agree with SSJfisherman on that second suggestion.
what about an ipod app
Yeah, I guess you're right, And SSJFisherman is right too. Also, where you said they could just have very few posts. In the Antique Face, Couldn't people just make majority of their posts Welcoming New WBO Members? It isn't SPAM right? That way people can cheat and get the Antique Face.