Make off-topic forums not count towards post count?

The off-topic forums -- that is, forums not related to Beyblade -- have always been meant to compliment the Beyblade forums, not vice versa. I am aware that there are some members here who do not post in the Beyblade-related forums and I'm OK with that.

However, post counts are often used as a measurement of contribution level, and now that there are user rankings affects by post count (new member, member, and veteran, and there will probably be more in the future), it has occurred to me that maybe it would be best to not have posts in the non-site and non-Beyblade forums count towards post count.

How do you all feel about this? It's also a possibility that I may disable post count displays altogether. Sometimes I think there is too much focus placed on post counts.
I've never thought of it as a big deal really. Maybe keep the post count number, but just disable the count outside of the Beyblade sections?
Do you mean make the count not show, or make posts outside Beyblade sections not go towards the count?

If it's the former, I cannot do it.
Well sorta both, but if you just disabled the post count number it's fine.
I see what you're saying but does it really matter? You could make it so posts outside Beyblade forums don't count towards your post count, and that would definitely tell who is contributing and who isn't, but now that there is an Advanced Bladers group I don't think it's necessary. People can tell between people with good advice and people with bad advice.

Basically, I'm just trying to say that it doesn't matter.
Either way you put it I don't think it will effect anyone. If you want to measure the contribution level then go with your way. I don't think people should care about their user rank.
Maybe I should just disable post count display.
not a bad idea, ive been thinking about it too.
post count should only display on user profiles, if that
I removed post counts and register date from the mini profile when you post ... looks much nicer, don't you agree? Smile

You can still see this information on the main profile.
yeah clean. jdm clean.
rep system?

edit ah ok
Blue Wrote:yeah clean. jdm clean.
rep system?

There is an announcement about this!
It seems to me that generally, most members on this forum arn't as obsessed with postcount as on other forums. It isn't at a critical stage yet.
Bey Brad Wrote:I removed post counts and register date from the mini profile when you post ... looks much nicer, don't you agree? Smile

You can still see this information on the main profile.

If only SmashBoards was this smart. Tongue_out
I say, go for it. This is BeyWiki after all, right. And disabling post count for off-topic forums makes it easier to see who's contributing to the Wiki or not. Heck, I usually avoid the off-topic area to begin with, since I come here to discuss Beyblade.
I don't know if this would be possible or not but I will still say my idea. Why not make two post counts? One of the posts you have done altogether and one could be the amount of posts that they have done to do with beyblade.