Magnecore

Not to sure if this deserves a separate article but oh well
Thanks to Arjun, Pichuscute, Bugturtles, G and Grey for their input

Magnacore.

The Magnecore was the second major revolution in beyblading (the first being the introduction of the Spin Gear and Left Spin). It introduced magnets to the game. The magnets were on the V and V2 beyblades and available separately from both Takara and Hasbro.

Types of Magnets

Neo SG North Core
For more information see Spin Gear
These would attract your beyblade to the magnets in the magnetic beystadium, and were most commonly used in defence / endurance types. The main attraction to senior players was the additional weight.

Neo SG South Core
These would repel your beyblade from the magnets in the magnetic beystadium, and were most commonly used in Attack types. The main attraction to senior players was the additional weight.

Neo SG Metal Weight (MW) Core
These were made of a light metal, therefore would neither attract or repel you from the magnets. These are not often used because of their minimum advantage over the original Spin Gear.

Hasbro Normal Core Core
This only comes with the Hasbro Dragoon V2, and is made entirely of plastic. It is lighter than the MW core and has virtually no use.

MG Weight Disk.
For more information see MG Weight Disk
This was only available with Dragoon V2 and Voltaic Ape. Also came in the Magnetic Accessory Pack (Hasbro) or in a pack of two (Takara). Has a north and south side.

MagnaDome
The Takara MG stadium, came with 6 circular magnets and 3 magnetic rods. On top is just a usual Takara beystadium.

MagneDome DX
Has a slot for magnets on the top as well. Also the only Takara beystadium with a pocket.

Hasbro Magnetic Tray
Designed to fit underneath a normal Hasbro beystadium. It causes the Stadium to wobble and only fits the circle magnets.

Tests
To test the effect of magnet placement on the tray, an attack combo consisting of
AR: Try Wing (Trygle)
WD: 10 Wide
BB Grip Base
was against the defense combo consisting of
Defence Combo
AR : War Lion
Sub-AR : War Lion
WD :MG WD (North Side forced Down)
SG : Neo Right North Core
BB : SG Metal Ball Base (4 Metal Balls)
The results were as followed.
Defense won 4 times, Attack won once. With the magnets blocking the pockets.
Defense moved from one magnet to the other, and the attack pocketed itself. The stadium was Hasbro Spin Blaster. To make sure it wasn't a fluke the test was done again with the same defence combo against this attack one.
AR: 8 Spiker
WD Wide Defense
SG Neo Left South Core
BB Storm Grip Base

Attack won 2 times, Defence won 2 times and their was one draw.
Then the combos were tested in the Takara MFB Balance stadium. The results were as follows.
Defence won 5 out of 5 against the first combo, it won 4 out of 5 against the second one. However this was probably just down to luck.

Overall
The Magnets were an interesting revolution for beyblade. It made the game a little more luck based, perhaps to even it up for the weaker players.
Pretty Good, but just a couple of points. First of all for the Hasbro Magnetic Tray it was designed to fit underneath a regular stadium, not atop. Also would HMC really be included in magnacore considering there was no actual use of the magnet. Maybe that would be in a separate article for spin gears. Still good work thoughSmile
Thanks. XD typo there, meant under. Not sure about HMC but since a MW isn't effected either put it in. Also there is already a Spin Gear article
I think what is said in the Spin Gear article is sufficient. We do need a full article on the MG WD though.
How long/ detailed does it need to be?
I have a (short) draft:
Magnetic Weight Disk

The Magnetic Weight disk is a ten-sided weight disk. This WD weighs 15 grams. It has North and South sides. If you are playing in a magnetic beystadium these will afect the blades movement pattern. If you cannot find a ten-sided weight disk then the Magnetic WD is a good choice.

Places to get this WD:
Dragoon V2
Voltaic Ape
Magnetic Accesory Pack
Takara Magnetic Weight Disk Booster
There could be something on what it could be used for. It's good on Defense combo's, I believe. We really need to test more, too.
Whith the MG WD? I'll do some tests later
Guys do you want me to do the tests with magnetic tray (might be getting magnedome soon) magnets in or out? How should I place the magnets ect. The top arena shall be Spin Blaster or Cyber Dragoon
(Feb. 11, 2009  5:46 PM)Giga Wrote: Guys do you want me to do the tests with magnetic tray (might be getting magnedome soon) magnets in or out? How should I place the magnets ect. The top arena shall be Spin Blaster or Cyber Dragoon

One thing to definitely try is to place the magnets near the edge of the stadium pockets. See how effective they are in keeping things away from falling in. I have the exact same set, but the only Magnacore blade I have is Driger V (hasbro Metal sharp version)

The rest is up to you, go nuts.
Defense Combo
BB ConfusedG Metal Ball Base (4 Metal Balls)

vs

BB Grip Base

Defense moved from one magnet to the other, and the attack pocketed itself.

Same defense combo vs
WD Wide Defense
SG South Core
BB Storm Grip Base

Attack won 2 Defense won 2 Draw 1
Those are worse results than I thought. Attacks are horrible in hasbro stadiums but they were still able to beat a defense? Not so sure the WD is good for them then. Only other thing wouldbe that the defense lost cuz it was always near the pockets cuz of the magnets. Try the combos again without magnets, in a takara stadium if you have one.
Okay, will do.
MFB Balance style
Defense won 5 out of 5 against the first combo
4 out of 5 against the second one. Probably just look though
Those are the results I was expecting to begin with. So ya, its good for defense.
One thing: Giga, don't use words like "you", and be careful of sentence fragments. Stick to the third person, it looks unprofessional otherwise.
K I'l revise it now

How do I put I tried this defense combo against these attack combos both with and without magnets
Without using I?
To test the effect of magnet placement on the tray, an attack combo consisting of .... was against the defense combo consisting of ..... The results were as followed.

Try something along those lines I guess.
Thanks i'l use that, Arjun Smile
Heres the revised version

Thanks to Arjun, Pichuscute, Bugturtles, G and Grey for their input

Magnacore.

The Magnecore was the second major revolution in beyblading (the first being the introduction of the Spin Gear and Left Spin). It introduced magnets to the game. The magnets were on the V and V2 beyblades and available separately from both Takara and Hasbro. 

Types of Magnets

Neo SG North Core 
These would attract your beyblade to the magnets in the magnetic beystadium, and were most commonly used in defence / endurance types. The main attraction to senior players was the additional weight.

Neo SG South Core
These would repel your beyblade from the magnets in the magnetic beystadium, and were most commonly used in Attack types. The main attraction to senior players was the additional weight.

Neo SG Metal Weight (MW) Core
These were made of a light metal, therefore would neither attract or repel you from the magnets. These are not often used because of their minimum advantage over the original Spin Gear.

Normal Core
This only comes with the Dragoon V2, and is made entirely of plastic. It is lighter than the MW core and has virtually no use.

MG Weight Disk.
For more information see MG Weight Disk
This was only available with Dragoon V2 and Voltaic Ape. Also came in the Magnetic Accessory Pack (Hasbro) or in a pack of two (Takara). Has a north and south side.

MagnaDome
The Takara MG stadium, came with 6 circular magnets and 3 magnetic rods. On top is just a usual Takara beystadium.

MagneDome DX
Has a slot for magnets on the top as well. Also the only Takara beystadium with a pocket.

Hasbro Magnetic Tray
Designed to fit underneath a normal Hasbro beystadium. It causes the Stadium to wobble and only fits the circle magnets.

Tests
To test the effect of magnet placement on the tray, an attack combo consisting of
BB Grip Base
was against the defense combo consisting of
Defence Combo
BB : SG Metal Ball Base (4 Metal Balls)
The results were as followed. 
Defense moved from one magnet to the other, and the attack pocketed itself.  The stadium was Hasbro Spin Blaster. To make sure it wasn't a fluke the test was done again with the same defence combo against this attack one.
WD Wide Defense 
SG Neo Left South Core
BB Storm Grip Base

Attack won 2 times, Defence won 2 times and their was one draw.
Then the combos were tested in the Takara MFB Balance stadium. The results were as follows.
Defence won 5 out of 5 against the first combo, it won 4 out of 5 against the second one. However this was probably just down to luck.

Overall
The Magnets were an interesting revolution for beyblade. It made the game a little more luck based, perhaps to even it up for the weaker players.
My Hasbro Dragoon V2 came with a core that had no magnetic properties or metal properties in general. It was purely plastic, and I would believe it was lighter than the MW Core.

Not sure on the actual official name of this piece, but it is in the V2 series.

Hopefully this helps with your article!
I'v added this

Hasbro Plastic Core
This only comes with the Hasbro Dragoon V2, and is made entirely of plastic. It is lighter than the MW core and has virtually no use.

do you think that is right?
I forgot the exact name for it. Normal Core I believe?

But I'd scratch the HMC off. It did come out in the G Series after all, but if you want to keep all of this together, do what Kei suggested and keep it in the SG section.
Changed it now, adding Normal Core and removing HMC
Yeah, it is Normal Core. Didn't the Takara one come with it as well? I could be wrong.
Looked at my gunmetal's SG and it says "Normal Version" on it.
Edited it once again