Magne Weight Disks

Are magne weight disks any good for upgrading high performance blades such as Dranzer V2?
yes they are good for driger v2 dragoon v2 and dranzer v2
Mange WDs are heavier than a regular 10 Wide if I'm not mistaken, so I'm sure if people played around with them, there might be more use for it.
I can't wait to do some more extensive testing with the Magne WD. I think there is a lot of potential there.
Depends really, but the Magne WDs have really only been used just for defense type combos since the outside material can take hits better than normal WDs. You can use a Wide Defense or Wide Survivor with a Neo-Right SG (With MG Core) to upgrade Dranzer V2.

Bey Brad Wrote:I can't wait to do some more extensive testing with the Magne WD. I think there is a lot of potential there.
I was attempting to find more out before I got a Wide Defense, but the outside material kept ripping off of my WDs.
G Wrote:Depends really, but the Magne WDs have really only been used just for defense type combos since the outside material can take hits better than normal WDs. You can use a Wide Defense or Wide Survivor with a Neo-Right SG (With MG Core) to upgrade Dranzer V2.

Bey Brad Wrote:I can't wait to do some more extensive testing with the Magne WD. I think there is a lot of potential there.
I was attempting to find more out before I got a Wide Defense, but the outside material kept ripping off of my WDs.

That's the main issue I have.

Anyway, I would think magne WD have similar usage to 10-balance, except that the physical size is larger. The magnetism aside, it performs in a similar manner, except that it is more likely to be hit than a 10-balance.
I really liked the magne weight disks, dunno. They just made the beyblade feel more "solid". I have no idea but I liked that anyway.
The magneWD are pretty good if your gonna use a Magne stadium. Once I had Dragoon V's Blade Base and A magneWD. I put one magnet in the middle and my friend couldnt knock me out of the stadium. So its really good for defense types. Im pretty sure that they raise you endurance up a bit too.
I have no Wide Defense so MG WD is usually my pick for no-bearing defensive combos. Even if it's not completely round in shape, it still does a great job at deflecting hits because of the smooth surface (obviously you should always use a mint one). It's also slightly heavier than Wide Defense, while it still has roughly the same diameter so it aligns nicely with the likes of Tiger Defenser AR.
narushi Wrote:The magneWD are pretty good if your gonna use a Magne stadium. Once I had Dragoon V's Blade Base and A magneWD. I put one magnet in the middle and my friend couldnt knock me out of the stadium. So its really good for defense types. Im pretty sure that they raise you endurance up a bit too.

How does that work? Was the magnet upside down? Dragoon V's magnetic tip should have repelled against it if it was above it. Even with a MG WD it shouldn't really have stayed. For that kind of situation, Voltic Ape's BB would have been better since it's suited for it since its tip isn't flat like Dragoon V's. I don't think it raised endurance either. Of all things it should have made it worse since if it attracted, the magnetic force on it would be adding on to any other force pulling it down when it gets hits just to keep it in place.
G Wrote:
narushi Wrote:The magneWD are pretty good if your gonna use a Magne stadium. Once I had Dragoon V's Blade Base and A magneWD. I put one magnet in the middle and my friend couldnt knock me out of the stadium. So its really good for defense types. Im pretty sure that they raise you endurance up a bit too.

How does that work? Was the magnet upside down? Dragoon V's magnetic tip should have repelled against it if it was above it. Even with a MG WD it shouldn't really have stayed. For that kind of situation, Voltic Ape's BB would have been better since it's suited for it since its tip isn't flat like Dragoon V's. I don't think it raised endurance either. Of all things it should have made it worse since if it attracted, the magnetic force on it would be adding on to any other force pulling it down when it gets hits just to keep it in place.

Endurance, definitely not. When it attracts towards the stadium, you're forcing your beyblade into the ground. When it repels, the bey is being set off balance.
The Dragoon V's tip is suppose to repel???

That weird cuz mine attracts.
narushi Wrote:The Dragoon V's tip is suppose to repel???

That weird cuz mine attracts.

Maybe you have your magnet flipped..?
It's amazing how much the WD affects the beyblade. I'd never really noticed before (then again with the only stadium we had available it was hard to tell) but take a B1 for example, put the flat side down and you'll spin pretty much in place, depending on the base but have the flat side facing up and it goes on a rampage, even with a pretty sharp tip. I guess I was too young to appreciate how much physics affected these things when I was really into them.
Previous tests have shown that the face of the WD makes little or no difference. If you want to make it slightly more top heavy, you can have the open face facing down, but the difference isn't huge.

Also, what the heck is a B1?
Bey Brad Wrote:Also, what the heck is a B1?

Might be some manufacturing stamp that is on some WD's. Heck, my Circle Wide has a B3 on it.
It made a difference with mine o.O But that could be because it was spinning on a flat surface, not a beystadium.
Seldia Wrote:It made a difference with mine o.O But that could be because it was spinning on a flat surface, not a beystadium.

Then your test is invalid.
It was making do with what we had, unfortunately we didn't have a beystadium at the time =/ I'll do another test when I have one available if you like?
Seldia Wrote:It was making do with what we had, unfortunately we didn't have a beystadium at the time =/ I'll do another test when I have one available if you like?

Hmm that would be rather interesting. You might also want to note down any other conditions that occur when flipping it (e.g. it has more space to rattle, etc.)
Will do! Smile

EDIT: I found my old beystadium! I'll get onto testing later Grin
right, well I tried the weight disk both normally and in reverse and I found that having the flat part facing up does actually make it move around more, not by much but it does make a difference Tongue_out I didn't notice any differences in balance, rattling (none) and RPM, although it did seem to hit harder, probably coincidence though.
Seldia Wrote:right, well I tried the weight disk both normally and in reverse and I found that having the flat part facing up does actually make it move around more, not by much but it does make a difference Tongue_out I didn't notice any differences in balance, rattling (none) and RPM, although it did seem to hit harder, probably coincidence though.

Do a blind test. Get someone to fit the disc for you before you launch, so you don't know which way up it is. See if you get the same results.
Nice idea, some friends and I are getting together soon so we'll do that Grin