Poll: Which OS are you running?

Mac
26.13%
Windows
67.57%
Other
6.31%
Total: 100% 111 vote(s)
3.6ghz Core 2 Quad Q6600 Slacr 95W energy efficient edition, 8gb DDR2 1066mhz OCZ overclocked RAM, ASUS 9800GTX TOP OC, and 3 Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB HDDs in Raid for 2.6TB of hdd space :}
oh and before you say "do you mean 2.6ghz", no, it's been OC'd to 3.6 on air.

sorry for double post, edit button is timing out :{
i dont remember having a no double posting rule
i'm just not a fan of windows, tbh. i vastly prefer os x, after being a windows user for about half of my life then switching to os x
Artie Wrote:i'm just not a fan of windows, tbh. i vastly prefer os x, after being a windows user for about half of my life then switching to os x

I'm honestly the reverse.

Raised on Windows, can't be assed to learn a new OS, even though I have used Mac OS X extensively in school and generally like it.

I just know how to get around better in Windows as a power user and don't feel like learning all of the intricate carp again on Mac OS X.
I dont like that you cant upgrade macs as easily as PC's
Maz Wrote:I dont like that you cant upgrade macs as easily as PC's

this is the price we pay

along with a giant actual monetary premium
Windows, i use Macs at my course but I never can get into them really, i mean they're great for Photoshop but if I had it for home use i'd kinda get bored of it due to the lack of games for it.
we have 1 stationnary windows comp, 1 laptop windows, 1 macbook and 1 other mac laptop (idk if it's a macbook or not lol)

i usually use the windows ones, because i just don't like mac tbh
Raikun Wrote:3.6ghz Core 2 Quad Q6600 Slacr 95W energy efficient edition, 8gb DDR2 1066mhz OCZ overclocked RAM, ASUS 9800GTX TOP OC, and 3 Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB HDDs in Raid for 2.6TB of hdd space :}

carp beastly machine, +1 ghz on air? damn

I have q6600 also with 3gb of ram lol. I have no problems though.
---

Apple has cultivated a great design launguage. My friend needed to get a pro for his graphic design studies, all beautiful in aluminium, flush screws. but damn he paid 3 plus grand!!! like that a 50 inch plasma and ps3 right there.

You know I really love my HP and their laptops look spiffier & spiffier.
windows 4lyfe

I have a PC, but I love it. Macs are okay, but I don't like them as much.
Tisk tisk.

Total disregard for the Linux users.
I'm using the Ubuntu distro btw. Hardy Heron 8.04
(Aug. 04, 2008  1:29 PM)Lee Wrote: Tisk tisk.

Total disregard for the Linux users.
I'm using the Ubuntu distro btw. Hardy Heron 8.04

REPRESENT

I'm using Hardy as well. It meets 99% of my needs (I dual-boot with XP just in case I need to fulfill the other 1%).
I use Windows, but apparently my parents want the iMac.
(Aug. 03, 2008  7:13 AM)Raikun Wrote: I have a macbook pro which i'm on at the moment, I use it for surfing from bed and doing work in school etc, but ultimately the Mac OS isn't powerful enough nor streamlined enough (ironically) at the top interface layer to be viable as my work OS, I do most of my web design etc in windows vista (which, if you're not retarded, works fine, and not even Mac OS has managed to implement 64 bit nearly as well. I like being able to address over 3.350Gb of RAM to any application I want, thank you very much.), but for general use I'd never hesitate to recommend XP SP2 to ANYONE and EVERYONE, (or tinyxp, for those that want a really fast windows experience).

Plus, buying a mac pigeonholes you into using "apple approved" hardware and only being able to repair through "apple approved" outlets, which I find stupid and exploitative.

To be honest, the only reason why there's an iMac in my house is because the Mac OS is pretty tricky to carp up. You can clog it up through overuse and negligence, but you can really open 99.9999999% of carp off the internet and not have to worry if its going to carp things up on your pc, so I treat Macs as a sort of "PC for the less technically inclined".

IMO, my PC is probably form and function more pretty and wonderful than any mac i've ever used or seen.

Just my meaningless two cents.

I love you for saying this.
GET OUT ALICE
Linux Ubuntu 8.04, since XP is royally messed up. What's worse, my OS is running off of a CD and I can't install it until I recover some very important files.
are brad and i the only os x users? what the carp
I can't say I'm that surprised. Windows is much more widespread. lol

And you forgot BT, he uses Mac.
(Aug. 05, 2008  2:35 AM)bugturtles Wrote: i do not like apple's prices in general Unhappy

Yeah, they're the only thing keeping me from a Mac to be honest.
oh please, a macbook is totally reasonable in terms of pricing

not every apple product is for latte sipping elitists
i almost got a macbook for around the same price as the imac i'm using right now

i said carp portability when i have power
(Aug. 05, 2008  2:55 AM)Artie Wrote: oh please, a macbook is totally reasonable in terms of pricing

Not really.

I paid less than half of what the least expensive MacBook costs for a computer with better specs. :\
(Aug. 05, 2008  2:58 AM)Roan Wrote:
(Aug. 05, 2008  2:55 AM)Artie Wrote: oh please, a macbook is totally reasonable in terms of pricing

Not really.

I paid less than half of what the least expensive MacBook costs for a computer with better specs. :\

better specs in what category? and im talking about in terms of name brand like dell. if you price a dell to what the macbook has, the dell is a little bit more expensive