Mac
26.13%
Windows
67.57%
Other
6.31%
Total: 100% 111 vote(s)
(Aug. 05, 2008  12:23 AM)Alice Wrote:
(Aug. 03, 2008  7:13 AM)Raikun Wrote: I have a macbook pro which i'm on at the moment, I use it for surfing from bed and doing work in school etc, but ultimately the Mac OS isn't powerful enough nor streamlined enough (ironically) at the top interface layer to be viable as my work OS, I do most of my web design etc in windows vista (which, if you're not retarded, works fine, and not even Mac OS has managed to implement 64 bit nearly as well. I like being able to address over 3.350Gb of RAM to any application I want, thank you very much.), but for general use I'd never hesitate to recommend XP SP2 to ANYONE and EVERYONE, (or tinyxp, for those that want a really fast windows experience).

Plus, buying a mac pigeonholes you into using "apple approved" hardware and only being able to repair through "apple approved" outlets, which I find stupid and exploitative.

To be honest, the only reason why there's an iMac in my house is because the Mac OS is pretty tricky to carp up. You can clog it up through overuse and negligence, but you can really open 99.9999999% of carp off the internet and not have to worry if its going to carp things up on your pc, so I treat Macs as a sort of "PC for the less technically inclined".

IMO, my PC is probably form and function more pretty and wonderful than any mac i've ever used or seen.

Just my meaningless two cents.

I love you for saying this.

I hate you for saying that you love him for saying this Alice.
I'm running Windows Vista, it's terrible.
Running XP.
I just had an offer to upgrade to Vista for free but I declined,
I'm perfectly happy with XP. No complaints.
Mac sounds interesting but I'm more of a gamer, so..
For all the people that say that you like windows better than mac the is a program called cyder that lets you play windows games or you could just run windows on mac Smile
I've been considering dual booting XP and Ubuntu, but Im getting hardware compatability problems with Ubuntu straight away Unhappy It doesnt seem to like my USB wireless adapter, so there's not much I can do =/ Vista looks great but it's a suicide pill for PC performance and is a little too gltichy for my taste
vista runs better on my machine than xp and linux :}
I'll be getting a MacBook Pro this August just in time for school. So until that time... Windows. But I still voted for Mac.
Windows. XP. I really don't like Macs in the least bit. And Vista sucks hard. I'll be holding out with this one as long as possible.
Windows. I like Vista, but XP was better
Currently XP. I'll be using Vista once I get my laptop, though.
XP on my current computer, but the laptop i'll be transferring to soon will have Vista/Linux dual boot.

I haven't actually experienced that many performance or compatibility problems with Vista, but i've been interested in Ubuntu for a while and really want to give it a try.
(Aug. 12, 2008  4:56 PM)Nikku Wrote: XP on my current computer, but the laptop i'll be transferring to soon will have Vista/Linux dual boot.

I haven't actually experienced that many performance or compatibility problems with Vista, but i've been interested in Ubuntu for a while and really want to give it a try.

I've been forced to use Ubuntu when I accidentally partitioned my whole HDD, removing Windows. It's nice, but not knowing too much terminal restricts what you can do with it. Plus, you're forced to use mostly open-source programs, which could either be helpful/better or a pain in the carp to use.

I'm using Windows XP, at the moment, but modded it to make the UI look similar to Mac. I'm happy with it, as it's easy to use.
I just got a new windows vista computer Unhappy I would have got a mac but i dident have enough money for the speed i wanted so i got an acerSmile
[Image: DHAM1640ED2160A.jpg]
Windows. Mac sux. Smile

Seriously, I don't really care which is better. I use a Windows.
I use Window's because all the Mac CP's I've seen are really expensive.
I run XP SP2 at home, but I really want a MacBook Pro. I'm also learning Unix for programming at college.
I using Window but I would love to have mac for its graphics and effects.
Snow leopard FTW!

Have and always will be a Mac boy.

Posted from my Mac Smile

But at my school people get into Fights over this... it's Crazy!
I have been using windows since childhood and now I am very used to it so I dont think I will be opting for Mac at all
I'm using a Mac Smile . Sadly, i can't download free Photoshop application >.> . I must use my uncle's mac sadly... T.T.
I use Windows, That's the only thing I have, I have Windows XP. My dad has a Macbook Pro, I'm pretty used to both, but my computer is a Windows Desktop. I am quite happy with it. I have Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Master Collection, so that's a lot of amazing software. So yeah, pretty proud of my 6 year old, amazingly fast, not even upgraded once Windows.
I've since dumped Linux, and now just stay with Windows 7. So much easier.
im currently using windows because it is more customizeable
Yeh crazeh peeps, hoe cun i hak pokemanz without pokesav.exe

No serious, I have a windows seven laptop. I use android for my phone, and have that dual-booted with Windows Phone 7. I also have an application that can run Fedora. This, and I have Mac- OS dual booted on my PC, don't ask me how, and bam.