26.13%
Windows
67.57%
Other
6.31%
Total: 100% 111 vote(s)
I am running on a mac and i am happy to tell you that i have 3!!! Smile
Mac.

I am happy to tell you that we have owned a total of 4 now! (however one was sold, one short circuited in front of my FACE, one was sent to my cousin, and one was replaced by Apple, leaving us with four) Smile

My dad really likes Apple lol

We have a topic specifically for talking about Apple/OS X here:

http://forums.beywiki.com/showthread.php?tid=161
Why not make this into a poll? (edit: Added a poll)

I am using Windows, though I will be getting a Mac whenever it is I get my next computer.
Mac, love it, would never go back.
I've always wanted a Mac but could never afford one and my Dad is wholeheartedly against buying one.

So I bought a Windows laptop when I got mine. Next time around I don't plan on getting another one. lol
I run neither Windows, nor Mac OSs.
911 Wrote:I run neither Windows, nor Mac OSs.

uh so why don't you tell us what you do run
Windows XP fo shizzle

Haha i kinda dont have a choise considering im going to school for networking.
Vista. Its funny cause I love it.

But really in the future I think its worth having Mac, linux and windows.
I picked other just to be a carp.
Linux, because it's free and it's pretty good. There is some learning involved, and if you are a hardcore PC gamer (I'm not) you probably won't be able to play most of the new titles that come out. But overall, I enjoy it.
Doompenguin Wrote:Linux, because it's free and it's pretty good. There is some learning involved, and if you are a hardcore PC gamer (I'm not) you probably won't be able to play most of the new titles that come out. But overall, I enjoy it.

This.

But my brother runs Vista, and thats where I PC game.
Blue Wrote:Vista. Its funny cause I love it.

Same.

I've never had any of the problems with Vista that everyone warned me about when I bought my laptop.

Actually, I've never had ANY problem with my computer since I bought it like 6 months or more ago.
Windows, ive had no problems with it (Ive had it for atleast 2 years)
I've always been a Windows user, but recently I've been leaning on getting an iMac. I purchased an HP V6000 Notebook last year with Windows Vista, and encountered a lot of crashes so I installed a *coughnotlegalcoughcoughcough* copy of XP Pro on it. I've still been encountering a lot of problems, more on the hardware side of things. HP is normally known for shipping pretty decent parts with their notebooks; and this had some nice specs, but the RAM has died faster than any of my other PCs... Pinching_eyes And the video card just isn't what it used to be, and my hard drive is slowing down.

I'm kinda tied on both, but I like Mac hardware better
DtD Wrote:I'm kinda tied on both, but I like Mac hardware better

lol i hope you mean aesthetically, because macs are known for their software ...
Artie Wrote:
DtD Wrote:I'm kinda tied on both, but I like Mac hardware better

lol i hope you mean aesthetically, because macs are known for their software ...

I love the Mac OS, but I love XP also. I'm just pissed at my PC's hardware. A Mac sounds great right now.
mac hardware is the same as pc hardware, except less powerful
Sam Wrote:it tends to look cooler imo

this sounds more like you guys are talking about the design of the case, rather than the hardware
The way I see it, Windows/PCs are more function oriented, with form taking a backseat in most cases.

Macs/OS X is/are without a doubt functional, but the look of the computer plays a much larger role than it does elsewhere.
I have a macbook pro which i'm on at the moment, I use it for surfing from bed and doing work in school etc, but ultimately the Mac OS isn't powerful enough nor streamlined enough (ironically) at the top interface layer to be viable as my work OS, I do most of my web design etc in windows vista (which, if you're not retarded, works fine, and not even Mac OS has managed to implement 64 bit nearly as well. I like being able to address over 3.350Gb of RAM to any application I want, thank you very much.), but for general use I'd never hesitate to recommend XP SP2 to ANYONE and EVERYONE, (or tinyxp, for those that want a really fast windows experience).

Plus, buying a mac pigeonholes you into using "apple approved" hardware and only being able to repair through "apple approved" outlets, which I find stupid and exploitative.

To be honest, the only reason why there's an iMac in my house is because the Mac OS is pretty tricky to carp up. You can clog it up through overuse and negligence, but you can really open 99.9999999% of carp off the internet and not have to worry if its going to carp things up on your pc, so I treat Macs as a sort of "PC for the less technically inclined".

IMO, my PC is probably form and function more pretty and wonderful than any mac i've ever used or seen.

Just my meaningless two cents.
What model is your PC?