MTL Bey Reunion (FIRST MONTREAL TOURNAMENT)

on
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

MTL BEY REUNION
As one of the most appealing and cosmopolitan cities of North America, Montreal will host its first ever official WBO tournament. Hosted by a member of the Committee of the WBO (Kai-V), Beynval and Dranzer., this tournament will hopefully be off the hook! The image of the tournament will be an air of playfulness and friendship^^ (thanks to dranzer. for this funny intro LOL)
Location: The tournament will be in my house. Spacious enough (I think) and clean (I think), this place shall be the option for this Beyblade tournament.
Time:August the 20th (Thursday)

[Image: mtlbeyreunionaffiche.jpg]

Kai-V did the poster for the event! ^^

I made an event on facebook to invite few of my friends since apparently no one on this board lives in montreal or near montreal so here's the...
Attendance list
Confirmed
Kai-V
Beynval
Beynjiji
Dude
Dranzer.
Pawz
Mileniumblader
David N.
Lambert V.
Kim-Chu P.
Natchi N.
Gabrielle B.
Aurélie R.
Peter H.
Steven N.
Vladimir M.
Alex M.
Leizhen C.
Dragan M.
Nabil M.
Naron N.
Zakhar P.
John L.

And 10 others maybe attending/hasn't answered yet.
So i hope no one chokes at the last minute and even so, we should at least have a decent number of people coming. I and Kai-v will make wbo accounts for whoever wants one the day of the tournament or even before.

Prizes:There will definitely be prizes, Me and Kai-v we just have to think of it more about what will be given.

Format: Open Format

Me, my friend Dranzer., my girlfriend and I think Kai-v are really excited to organize this tournament! ^^

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

haha ohk then xD i wanna see you battle tho Tongue_out
Yeah, I'll tell you her strategy...it's...failing! Chocked_2

Seriously, I doubt she's got a strategy. And I don't either. Now that I told you my strategy, you must tell me yours =D
Im playing it ''safe''
no unnecessary risks xD

now u know my strategy.
xD
I hope everyone has funT_T
me kai-v will probably be exhasperated by all the people 2day xD
MAIN OBJECTIVE: MAKE EVERYONE PARTICIPATE AND ENJOY ITGrin
I'll beat them up, if they don't have fun! Angry Have fun, damn it!

That's one hell of a strategy you got, there...almost as good as mine XD
yes beat them up.
i cant wait to c what u guys (u and kai-v) look like, hahhahaha ur the only one ''stranger'' there... hope u guys dont feel excluded.

u have a digital camera u can bring?
the more cameras the betterGrin flash party man xD

and plz, well speak french kay? hahahahha
i dunno what i will do when beybrad will come and when i eventually meet him, hes probably going to burst in laughs at my french accent.
(Aug. 20, 2009  2:23 PM)Dude Wrote: I'll beat them up, if they don't have fun! Angry Have fun, damn it!

Ahahaha that reminded me of vegeta heaps xD
and may the force be with you guys Wink
im watching starwars i felt like i had to say that Tongue_out
hahahaha, fighting everyone!
(hahahaha even though almost no one that will be present 2day has an account here... sheesh me and kai-v we have some job 2day to make accounts 4 everyone)
You're gonna make accounts for everyone? Why not just to the three people who'll win? The top three may already have an account...
haha when i read the rules, it clearly says everyone that wants to participate to a wbo tournament, has to have an account. or have someone in position to make an account.
so yeah, me and kai-v well have to make 20 accounts xDDDD
To participate in a tournament you have to have an account. Otherwise when we get the Beypoint system up and running we won't be able to record the matches.

Have fun guys, and remember to record the matches accurately and in order.
Thanks Khel! yeah well make sure to that properly! *stressed
lots of work and excitement 2dayGrin
PEOPLE ARE PLAYING FREE MATCHESGrin
going prettu=y good so far
TOURNAMENT FINISHEDGrin
Well it appears things must have gone smoothly.

Look forward to some details when you get a chance.Smile
LOL
Until everyone arrived we played free matches. When everyone arrived (30 people) we ate DOMINOS pizzas, we took 9 of the biggest size and it was still not enough hahahaha. 15 people took part of the tournament, the FOBS (fresh off the boat aka asians) as expected didnt play. they were just watching and chilled.

Everyone played a match against everyone, but some people had to go and when they saw that they werent going to be in TOP 3, they went to do what they had to do (work, football practice).
8-9 people sticked to the end.
3 people had the same winning scores, beynjiji let others to the chance to win prizes so we had to determine who was the 2nd and 3rd place. It was VERY close hahahahaha xD
Dranzer. come in 2nd and my other friend was 3rd.
AND I WON Grin yeyeyeyeyeye.

1st prize: Super attack stadium, storm pegasis, rock leone, libra and a pack of metal faces
2nd prize: dark wolf Lightning L drago and dark bull
3rd prize: Lightning L drago

hahahaha it was fun xD more than i expected but it was all very tiring. We had to make sure everyone played against everyone and all and all. Kai-V and I worked hard 2day judging people and all and all^^

At least, i counted my mfbs back and i got em all. It was very tiring hahaha. After the movie the asians we watched RUSH hour 3 hahaha. then everyoen came back home=)

Yeye, that was it, tiring day, still have to make accounts for everyone that participated. It was pretty fun^^ but organizing all the stuff was just tiring...

I have just ordered 3 of the biggest pizzas for myself, dranzer. and my gf beynjiji (since we didnt get to eat to let others eat) we're now going to eat comfotably... hahahaha without all the others. *Fiou what a dayGrin
Wow the montreal beyblade tournament is finished! It was fun, but im tired right now ):
Im in 4th place! I was one of the 2nd or 3rd winners, but i let other ppl to win prizes because i already have many beyblades with Beynval Grin It was nice and i hope there will be another beyblade tournament, but not too much asians (fobs hehehe) who dont participate Uncertain ( its not fun!Unhappy ) okay so now, ill go eat pizzas with Beynval and Dranzer. ! and probably go to bed after Grin
Well, it took a first time to see what it was like, hah.

I did enjoy playing with everyone, even though I lost against many people. It does not help that Libra C145WB with a Metal Face was very common ... I almost won once against it though.

Hopefully we can do one again with only the twelve-fifteen who were really interested, and with less other distractions nearby, hah. Recording everything and making sure everybody had battled each blader before a certain time was slightly difficult considering the circumstances. We just have to take this experience to improve for the next tournament, and I will try practicing and getting some better beyblades meanwhile ...

And congratulations to everybody. Who is your friend who came third, Beynval ?
Zakhar prylutsky hahah u should have seen his face when he went back home, he was so happy with his LL DRAGO. that was unexpected haha.
man we got some job to do. we have to create accounts for everyone that has participated in the tournament.
yes next time there wont be the FOBS hahahaha. anyways it was <<expected>> they wouldnt play.
anyways, to be able to gather 30 people in my house, and 15 people participating in the tourney, having finished it judging and have some satisfying results and only being 2 or 3 to be really working on to gather the results, i think we can call that a success by itself hahahaha. Dnt forget it was our 1st tourney, and we werent very experienced. next time will be way better and the next one even better. i know which one to invite in the future and all.
it was very tiring wasnt it?

defense combo was the &*^*&^*& yo. u should have played with it, or something else than speg.
anyways ur launching technique was cool hahaha.
What a big tournament, I am pretty sastified of the result. Before the tournament, we wanted to make sure that everyone will be having fun. The fact that they have too much people that had enter the house too quickly make the preparation a little difficult. I wasn't expecting that we doesn't have enough space for accomodate everyone, so it makes that they have a big fiesta when everyone was jumping in the food. They have good moments and deceptions but for a first tournament, I think that everyone has having enough fun.

Also, I wasn't expecting that the fobs were so careless about the beyblade thingy, making it at an insult that is just for losers. Especially a guy named Gia that wasn't invited and enter in the house because they have his friends invited and not him. Well, at least, they are paying for the entrance fee but I didn't like that they use the house for their own stuff because it's a day for a beyblade tournament.

We doesn't make any profit because we want to provid all the needs for everyone, well especially Beynval. After this day, I was exhausted but I really like the tournament. They also have a girl named Miranda who was interesting.

Pretty sad about the second place and that Beynval took the first place, I just let him win lol.
apparently calling the azns fobs will make us banned from this board.
i think even kai-v can help us with this case.

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF and i won FAIR. Grin no excuses bro.
Kai-V,

Before the tournament, I was very tempted to play with speg but Beynval suggests me to have Libra C145WB with a metal face. The launch of a speg was risky because he have so much speed so I just take Libra to have a better ratio of chances of winning my rounds.
HE, playing it simple eh? no unnecessary risks Tongue_out
The prizes are too great for having a higher risk to lose my rounds.
(Aug. 21, 2009  2:11 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Hopefully we can do one again with only the twelve-fifteen who were really interested, and with less other distractions nearby, hah. Recording everything and making sure everybody had battled each blader before a certain time was slightly difficult considering the circumstances. We just have to take this experience to improve for the next tournament, and I will try practicing and getting some better beyblades meanwhile ...

Using a grid chart will help with the orginization (stating the obvious) Grid Chart Idk where I first got the idea from.