(MSF-H) Reviser Dragooon SA165RDF (normal mode)

OK... Well, I did do a video, and it handled flash a lot better. You can also see in thunderdome's tests that it handled flash better than Reviser Reviser BD145RDF, so it has pretty reasonable defense. The very reason I used SA165 in the first place was because I was looking for something that resists being pushed by right-spin combos, and I figured that SA165 would be the best because it can actually allow the combo to spin on its side and provide LAD if it is knocked off balance. If you have doubts, you can watch the video. That's why I made it. Thanks for the feedback! Smile
(Apr. 29, 2013  9:29 PM)theblackdragon Wrote: OK... Well, I did do a video, and it handled flash a lot better. You can also see in thunderdome's tests that it handled flash better than Reviser Reviser BD145RDF, so it has pretty reasonable defense. The very reason I used SA165 in the first place was because I was looking for something that resists being pushed by right-spin combos, and I figured that SA165 would be the best because it can actually allow the combo to spin on its side and provide LAD if it is knocked off balance. If you have doubts, you can watch the video. That's why I made it. Thanks for the feedback! :)
I think you mean ShinobuXD. I didn't do any tests.
Oops! You're avatars are both so brightly colored now, I must have mistook you! Tongue_out sorry about that. Smile

I'm making a video right now of Reviser Dragooon BD145RDF vs. Flash Pegasis II GB145R2F. I'll probably have it uploaded in an hour or two. I hope it helps. Smile
Alright, the video is up. Smile

I literally just got a brand new RDF in the mail, and I did some tests with it. My other one is pretty worn, but switching only affected one thing. Here is the only test that seemed to be changed when I switched to a new one.

Reviser Dragooon SA165RDF vs. Death Quetzalcoatl B: D
RDF new. I forgot to switch to a Cancer CW, but that won't affect the LAD at all.
Dragooon: wins, 0/20
Quetzalcoatl: wins, 20/20 (All OS)
Reviser Dragooon SA165RDF win rate: 0%

ties redone: 0

I think the reason this test turned out how it did is because RDF was slightly taller, and fell over near the end. SA165 was able to provide some LAD then, but not quite enough to OS B: D. It will only ever OS B: D if the RDF is worn enough. Smile

Here is a comparative test showing Reviser Dragooon SA165EWD.

Reviser Dragooon SA165EWD vs. Death Quetzalcoatl B: D
Quetzalcoatl launched first on all launches.
Dragooon: wins, 0/20
Quetzalcoatl: wins, 20/20 (All OS)
Reviser Dragooon SA165EWD win rate: 0%

Ties redone: 12

Now, it pulled the same win rate as RDF, but it did tie 12 times. So, a new RDF will not OS as well as EWD, but a worn RDF will actually OS better. Smile
well, that's still pretty normal, a anti spin equalizer wheel plus stamina set up is normal that Dragooon couldn't OS

It still is useful to know better the combo
(Apr. 30, 2013  1:56 AM)Izhkoort Wrote: well, that's still pretty normal, a anti spin equalizer wheel plus stamina set up is normal that Dragooon couldn't OS

It still is useful to know better the combo

Yah. Remember, though, a worn RDF can actually OS better than EWD. So, if you have a worn RDF, then this combo would actually be a better option both ways. Smile
(Apr. 30, 2013  12:35 AM)theblackdragon Wrote: Now, it pulled the same win rate as RDF, but it did tie 12 times. So, a new RDF will not OS as well as EWD, but a worn RDF will actually OS better. Smile

This is interesting... I've got some really worn RDFs I could test this theory with, and when I get a chance to Beyblade again I'll give this a whirl. It makes sense that a worn RDF would OS better than a mint one due to the height, but I'm curious to see if it is actually better than EWD. Lord knows it'd be nice to have a use for a worn RDF lol
(Apr. 30, 2013  4:52 AM)Ingulit Wrote:
(Apr. 30, 2013  12:35 AM)theblackdragon Wrote: Now, it pulled the same win rate as RDF, but it did tie 12 times. So, a new RDF will not OS as well as EWD, but a worn RDF will actually OS better. Smile

This is interesting... I've got some really worn RDFs I could test this theory with, and when I get a chance to Beyblade again I'll give this a whirl. It makes sense that a worn RDF would OS better than a mint one due to the height, but I'm curious to see if it is actually better than EWD. Lord knows it'd be nice to have a use for a worn RDF lol

I've noticed that too, but you need to weak launch or else you will fly around and self KO
Yah, think of a usefull worn RDF... Tongue_out It can't bo too worn, though. Like Yuko Ray14 said, it will circle wide around the stadium some times, but that can be good or bad (Self-KO? Maybe mine isn't worn enough to do that yet...). You could intercept an attack type, or you could sleep yourself out against a stamina type without making contact. I used my brother's EWD, and that is a little worn, but I don't think that would effect the LAD much since it's not a significant change in height...
Be careful with that worn RDF. In a same spin matchup, you will loose by OS to a ton of things, if it circles the stadium.
this is like the old L-Drago Destroy/Guardian BD145RDF combo, don't you think? (don't know if someone said it before)
(Apr. 30, 2013  1:40 PM)Izhkoort Wrote: this is like the old L-Drago Destroy/Guardian BD145RDF combo, don't you think? (don't know if someone said it before)

Well, a few people have compared it to Reviser Dragooon BD145RDF, which is pretty much the next step up from that. Smile
I agree with meow, that a worn RDF can circle the stadium easily. That's why you bank a little, so you don't immediately get knocked outward. Your RDF doesn't have to be that worn, just enough so that it's not really tall. You can see the condition of my RDF in the first video. That was how it was when I tested it against anti-spin steal. I don't think it's that worn out... or is it? Plus, you don't need a worn RDF for this combo. A slightly worn one will just perform a little bit better. Smile
People wanted tests on this, and I really like this combo, so here they are:

Standard Procedure
Fairly Worn RDF

Revizer Dragooon SA165 RDF vs MF-H Duo Gasher 230 MB
Dragooon: 10 Wins(All OS)
Duo: 0 Wins(N/A)
Dragoon Win Rate: 100%

No surprise here.

Revizer Dragooon SA165 RDF vs MF-H Duo Bull W145 WD
Dragooon: 9 Wins(All OS)
Duo: 1 Win(OS)
3 Ties
Dragooon Win Rate: 90%

Yep, RDF got 90% against a combo EWD gets 10-20% against, as well as having way more defense. RDF is definitely the way to go on Dragooon SA165 stamina setups.

I hope nobody minds me doing 10, since I'd say its pretty obvious which combo would win. Hopefully this can get this combo on the top tier list. Stupid