MLB Baseball

Poll: What are/is your favorite MLB team(s)?

Yankees
14.46%
Red Sox
7.23%
Orioles
2.41%
Blue Jays
7.23%
Rays
2.41%
Indians
1.20%
Twins
1.20%
White Sox
2.41%
Lions
1.20%
Royals
1.20%
Angels
3.61%
Rangers
2.41%
Athletics
2.41%
Mariners
3.61%
Phillies
3.61%
Marlins
1.20%
Braves
4.82%
Nationals
3.61%
Mets
2.41%
Astros
2.41%
Cardinals
1.20%
Reds
4.82%
Brewers
1.20%
Pirates
1.20%
Cubs
7.23%
Rockies
1.20%
Dodgers
7.23%
Padres
1.20%
Giants
2.41%
Diamondbacks
1.20%
Total: 100% 83 vote(s)
The Mariners have some decent pitching prospects coming in the next few years. If they can draft well, and pull a good trade or two, they'll be fine. Obviously, he will not be replaced, but they'll survive. As a ChiSox fan, I'm worried about what if Chris Sale decides that he doesn't like losing and leaves the Sox. Then we'll have no ace at all, and nobody to even come close to replacing him.
Well, I'm sapped to watch the all star game, the only dodger player is Kershaw... Nice move, Bochy! Freddie Freeman got injured, so Puig rightfully is able to go to the all star game, because he got 2nd place on votes, but Bochy brings in Brian McCann, who was not voted for, and replaced Puig... Stay Classy, San Francisco!
Okay, I know I'm a Dodger fan, but what do you guys think of Alex Rodriguez returning to New York, and the whole PED mess? To all Yankee fans, When A.Rod comes up, will you boo or cheer for him?
Edit: the Yankee fans cheered and booed A.Roid... bah
(Aug. 09, 2013  11:53 PM)OwnageDerp Wrote: Okay, I know I'm a Dodger fan, but what do you guys think of Alex Rodriguez returning to New York, and the whole PED mess? To all Yankee fans, When A.Rod comes up, will you boo or cheer for him?
Me and my friends called him A-roid before suspicion of PED was even rumored lol
I think it's sad how all these people we look up to growing are not what they seem to be -Barry bonds, A-rod, Lance Armstrong, and so many more...
Did anyone else see David Ortiz rage and destroy his bat? Dustin Pedroia was in his face after that lol
Well, I'm not so sure. He's been linked to PEDs before, obviously. But at this point, he's done too much for NY for them to just turn their backs and claim they never liked him. Sounds fickle. Life of a fan, but you still have to support your team. Besides, it's not like the organization's been treating him well, so the fans need to.
(Aug. 16, 2013  6:45 PM)Temporal Wrote: Well, I'm not so sure. He's been linked to PEDs before, obviously. But at this point, he's done too much for NY for them to just turn their backs and claim they never liked him. Sounds fickle. Life of a fan, but you still have to support your team. Besides, it's not like the organization's been treating him well, so the fans need to.
Yeah, but I don't really like the Yanks at all, so what he has done for NY means nothing to me. He has been linked to PED before, so he should have learned his lesson right? And even if you take that stance, I guess you could ask the question- do the ends justify the means?
I watched Intentional Talk on MLB network, and apparently A.Roid got so sick of steroid injection, he requested his doctor to somehow liquidate the steroids, and inject it into a... Gummy Bear. And now with A.Roid back, he's snitching on other Yankee players... You could look it up.

Also, the Dodgers have done the epic COMPLETE Homestand sweep, now were in Philly, lets see what happens here...
Am I racking up my post count on this thread? Well whatever, I'm going to the Dodgers/D-Backs game today, they're probably gonna fight... The best part is I get to sit in the Field level, with Yasiel Puig! I hope he doesn't topple over me though...
(Aug. 17, 2013  3:14 AM)Switchblad3r Wrote:
(Aug. 16, 2013  6:45 PM)Temporal Wrote: Well, I'm not so sure. He's been linked to PEDs before, obviously. But at this point, he's done too much for NY for them to just turn their backs and claim they never liked him. Sounds fickle. Life of a fan, but you still have to support your team. Besides, it's not like the organization's been treating him well, so the fans need to.
Yeah, but I don't really like the Yanks at all, so what he has done for NY means nothing to me. He has been linked to PED before, so he should have learned his lesson right? And even if you take that stance, I guess you could ask the question- do the ends justify the means?

Not saying that. The question was aimed at Yankee fans. Thus, support should be given by Yankee fans. It's just the way things are. It's not like he renounced the fans. The organization isn't supporting him, so it's only right for the fans to understand he made mistakes, but continue to have his back as fans.
NL West Champions! The Postseason begins soon, all we have to worry about is the Reds and Red Sox, and we'll be World Series Champions of 2013.
#NLWestChampsDodgers
Edit:: Also, really good moment seeing Kenley Jansen throwing the last dibs, the Natural Eric Gagne of 2013!!
You aren't worried about the Braves, hah?
No Heyward, no top pitcher, no worry.
deleted
Deleted.
Comeback story for the RAYS! lets go Tampa Bay!!! Rays all the way AL
EDIT: we lost we're out Unhappy
Red Sox made it? Oh great, if the dodgers make it to the WS, they're doomed man. Make it A's!!
Dirty Cardinals, man. DIRTY JOE KELLY!! They knew in game one, they had to wipe out Ramirez, move over Orioles, the Cardinals are the newfound Dirty Birds. Make it, Red Sox and whomp those Cardinals. Tell Dempster to bean Carlos Beltran, and Yadier Molina. If any STL fan is reading this, understand that I am frustrated because the NLCS got swiped by cheaters.
Kind of a necro, but I thought I'd make a post about Masahiro Tanaka. A huge signing that kinda changes the free agent fights going on. LA, the Cubs, and a few other teams really didn't have backup plans after Tanaka, so they're kinda sunk. Then Matt Garza bailed to the Brewers, so the Cubs are deep in the hole. They need to patch up their bullpen, or the BP Cup is going RIGHT back to the Sox.

Other than that, the Yankees obviously will take a huge cap hit in the next few years. I wouldn't be shocked to see Tanaka walk in four years if he performs as well as I think he will, and the Yankees don't win. They paid a LOT of money to get the shot at signing him, and even more the actually sign him.

I like Dylan Axelrod. There, I said it. He was brilliant in the minors last year when he got up on guys. He's a decent pitcher in a hole. I think he can become a solid starter. Not great, but solid. But that's all the ChiSox need. A guy to hold the fort until a great one-two punch with Sale can be developed.
What the hell. Why is MLB so underrated on this site? Ah whatever. The A's and O's (teehee) are the Dodgers and D-Backs of 2014! I'm pretty sure that was no accident when Machado flung his bat to 3rd base, but it hit the umpire. On to the Dodgers game, it got called off due to thunderstorms, and I'd like to make a conspiracy theory. Why did the Dodgers have 6 runs, 6 hits, and declared the winner in the 6th inning? I'm pretty sure I'm having a self-aware conversation here.
The first three players taken this year were pitchers, and the first two were still in high school. Not sure how I feel about this. (Of course, this means that the Sox got Carlos Rodon, which I'm happy with.) But the run of high school pitching is kinda strange. I don't think their arms could hold up in a major league schedule. Aiken's definitely got the poise, but I think his arm's suspect for someone just now developing a changeup. Kolek has some insane heat, so I think he'll be more useful earlier than Aiken. (A 100 mph fastball is nothing to scoff at from a high school senior.)

I like Aiken. I really do. Rather, I want to. I want to say he's got insane potential, because he really seems to. But I can't see him spending any less than four years in the minors before being called up. But he;s young, so he gets a pass. Still, I see Kolek being in the MLB long before Aiken on virtue of that arm.
I've read the last few posts, and it seems that I'm the one who necroes this thread, and this is no exception. This necro will be about the All Star Game! Yes, the epic midsummer classic in Minnesota! I brought this up because of the Home Run Derby, it seems like the best event of all, what are your favorites? I'm hoping that the NL wins this one, because I think the NL is superior to the AL. I also find it really insulting about the stereotype that plagued me last year: The Dodgers are the kings of the worst division. First off, rude. Second, there are many unsung heroes in the NL West, they're just heavily overshadowed by the pretentious ESPN and AL East obsessed MLB Network.
Eh... The NL West isn't amazing, this year. Nor is the AL east, but meh. The Dodgers probably would be fine in any other division, but still. This is a team that was expected to dominate coming out of the gates, and kinda bumbled to first, while letting the D-Backs fall off, and everyone else just be 6-7 games above .500. But that's just me. (It's not particularly rude. The stereotypes of A's fans are more along the lines of rude. I don't consider saying a team wins in a bad division is rude. Like Detroit. They wouldn't last three seconds in, say, the AL West. (Though few teams would.) Now, the NL West is better than the Central, so I can't say the Dodgers are in the absolute worst division. But the Dodgers ARE in great position to run away with the division, so they'll be fine. Their postseason hopes should be high, too, considering the most dominant teams are in the AL right now. (Except for Milwaukee. But that's an aberration.)

As for the HRD, I'm pretty sure Abreu's got a legit shot at this one. Call me crazy, but I think he'll lead all of baseball in homers, too. He's got 29, now. And he missed an entire month, too.

I'm about 80% sure the AL's going to win the ASG. That pitching group for the AL is downright NASTY. Even with Tanaka out, Sale's more than good enough to handle the NL. And the Athletics are pretty much an ASG roster by themselves. With Beltre, Abreu, and the three A's players, the AL should be fine. The pitchers make this group, though. Sale. Buhrle. Darvish. Fernandez. Doolittle. Kazmir. Price. Scherzer. Lester. And those are just the names off the top of my head. I can't possibly see the NL scoring more than 2-3 runs.

The AL has all the star power, the batting power, and the best pitching staff in baseball. I smell a blowout.
C'mon Giants!! Win this one to complete my plan! (Meaning the Dodgers and Giants go to the NLCS and hope that the Dodgers go to the World Series)
Edit: Plan 80% complete...
All I gotta say is Go Orioles. They've impressed me this season, and I like their chances. Up 2-0 in Detroit.
I really wanted Nats to win, but it's a pretty low chance that they can win. I mean a really low chance.