MG tournament ban discussion

why is the layer banned the teeth are really bad sure it’s round and takes hits but the teeth are so bad that any attack combo would burst it. kinda weird how it’s banned sure I under SR teeth are great with most drivers making so versatile but MG only good against less hard hitting beys my opinion.
It's because it's so round. The fact that it has poor Burst resistance doesn't matter when it creates no recoil at all.
(Jun. 10, 2018  5:54 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: It's because it's so round. The fact that it has poor Burst resistance doesn't matter when it creates no recoil at all.

I understand that it’s just it’s like using bearing on everything one good hit and it’s burst. It’s just a top tier stamina just like others in other categories shine I think stamina is lacking.
(Jun. 10, 2018  5:58 AM)UFO Wrote:
(Jun. 10, 2018  5:54 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: It's because it's so round. The fact that it has poor Burst resistance doesn't matter when it creates no recoil at all.

I understand that it’s just it’s like using bearing on everything one good hit and it’s burst. It’s just a top tier stamina just like others in other categories shine I think stamina is lacking.

No, you need 15+ good hits to Burst Maximum Garuda and it has about 3rd best stamina out of everything currently used in the metagame (and what outspins Maximum Garuda Burst in one hit)
(Jun. 10, 2018  6:02 AM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(Jun. 10, 2018  5:58 AM)UFO Wrote: I understand that it’s just it’s like using bearing on everything one good hit and it’s burst. It’s just a top tier stamina just like others in other categories shine I think stamina is lacking.

No, you need 15+ good hits to Burst Maximum Garuda and it has about 3rd best stamina out of everything currently used in the metagame (and what outspins Maximum Garuda Burst in one hit)

what you think is top 3 stamina combos really wow 15 hits when I assemble the mg with parts seems so weak
(Jun. 10, 2018  6:04 AM)UFO Wrote:
(Jun. 10, 2018  6:02 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: No, you need 15+ good hits to Burst Maximum Garuda and it has about 3rd best stamina out of everything currently used in the metagame (and what outspins Maximum Garuda Burst in one hit)

what you think is top 3 stamina combos really wow 15 hits when I assemble the mg with parts seems so weak

1. Hell Salamander
2. Deep Chaos
3. Maximum Garuda

Have you seen videos with people using customized Maximum Garuda? Nothing can Burst it consistently
(Jun. 10, 2018  6:07 AM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(Jun. 10, 2018  6:04 AM)UFO Wrote: what you think is top 3 stamina combos really wow 15 hits when I assemble the mg with parts seems so weak

1. Hell Salamander
2. Deep Chaos
3. Maximum Garuda

Have you seen videos with people using customized Maximum Garuda? Nothing can Burst it consistently

Deep chaos really ! what you think be good on that bey?
(Jun. 10, 2018  6:08 AM)UFO Wrote:
(Jun. 10, 2018  6:07 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: 1. Hell Salamander
2. Deep Chaos
3. Maximum Garuda

Deep chaos really ! what you think be good on that bey?

7 Revolve. Deep Chaos was the only thing that could outspin Maximum Garuda 90% of the time, but at the same time it Bursts against any Right Spin Attack Type
(Jun. 10, 2018  6:10 AM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(Jun. 10, 2018  6:08 AM)UFO Wrote: Deep chaos really ! what you think be good on that bey?

7 Revolve. Deep Chaos was the only thing that could outspin Maximum Garuda 90% of the time, but at the same time it Bursts against any Right Spin Attack Type

and that’s a pure stamina build?
(Jun. 10, 2018  6:13 AM)UFO Wrote:
(Jun. 10, 2018  6:10 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: 7 Revolve. Deep Chaos was the only thing that could outspin Maximum Garuda 90% of the time, but at the same time it Bursts against any Right Spin Attack Type

and that’s a pure stamina build?

Yes, it is
(Jun. 10, 2018  8:10 AM)Basalt Fox Wrote:
(Jun. 10, 2018  6:13 AM)UFO Wrote: and that’s a pure stamina build?

Yes, it is

just tried this and it’s bad, bursts every time against any defence or attack types.
(Jun. 10, 2018  12:09 PM)UFO Wrote:
(Jun. 10, 2018  8:10 AM)Basalt Fox Wrote: Yes, it is

just tried this and it’s bad, bursts every time against any defence or attack types.

try a softer launch against defense types. you don’t need to launch hard to outspin a defense type, and hard launches increase burst risk.

no surprise right spin attack types easily burst dC. it’s only fair to have some negative trade offs, especially considering dC’s extreme stamina. 

dC.7.R is a highly specialized combo. it does one thing really really well at the expense of other things (unlike mG, which is very good at several things, with very limited weaknesses). dC requires the exact “correct” launch strength based on your opponent.  but if you read the winning combos thread, you’ll notice dC.7.R is highly competitive in the right hands.
(Jun. 10, 2018  2:19 PM)V2KX Wrote: cR.7B.R Works

i assume that’s your video, a couple concerns there:

how old is your garuda? i have several copies, burst resistance decreases with age.

why is 0B being used? that’s not a common gaurda set up.

did you try different launch strengths? i didn’t watch all 11 mins, but the part i saw looked like pretty hard launching.
(Jun. 10, 2018  4:05 PM)RedPanda2 Wrote:
(Jun. 10, 2018  2:19 PM)V2KX Wrote: cR.7B.R Works

i assume that’s your video, a couple concerns there:

how old is your garuda? i have several copies, burst resistance decreases with age.

did you try different launch strengths? i didn’t watch all 11 mins, but the part i saw looked like pretty hard launching.

1. 3 months
2. idk
3. Normal mainly [sometimes weak]
(Jun. 10, 2018  5:35 PM)V2KX Wrote:
(Jun. 10, 2018  4:05 PM)RedPanda2 Wrote: i assume that’s your video, a couple concerns there:

1. 3 months
2. idk
3. Normal mainly [sometimes weak]

fwiw i attempted to recreate your results and could not.  my normal and hard launched mGs (2 yellow, 1 red) never burst. however hard launched cR.7B.R did outspin mG.0B.Orbit a few times for me, which is interesting.  but i'd bet a better LAD-friendly frame on either bey would skew things either way.
(Jun. 10, 2018  5:51 AM)UFO Wrote: why is the layer banned the teeth are really bad sure it’s round and takes hits but the teeth are so bad that any attack combo would burst it. kinda weird how it’s banned sure I under SR teeth are great with most drivers making so versatile but MG only good against less hard hitting beys my opinion.

1. Don’t judge a bey by its teeth.
  2. “Any attack combo would burst it.” Clearly, you don’t know your facts/videos. Maximum Garuda dominates, something that you’re ignorant about.
  3. Make sure you understand the “fundamentals” first. I get that’s why you made this thread after all.
If you're not happy with Maximum Garuda, get Hasbro's Garuda G3, which bursts around 1% of the time in stock combo, but usually just destabilizes its opponents to death
(Jul. 12, 2018  1:20 AM)Hellibleri Wrote:
(Jun. 10, 2018  5:51 AM)UFO Wrote: why is the layer banned the teeth are really bad sure it’s round and takes hits but the teeth are so bad that any attack combo would burst it. kinda weird how it’s banned sure I under SR teeth are great with most drivers making so versatile but MG only good against less hard hitting beys my opinion.

2. “Any attack combo would burst it.” Clearly, you don’t know your facts/videos. Maximum Garuda dominates, something that you’re ignorant about.
  3. Make sure you understand the “fundamentals” first. I get that’s why you made this thread after all.

That sounds a little bit harsh, so let's be careful of how we're wording these things. It's a friendly discussion after all, haha.

mG does dominate, but not to the extent that it once did. There are indeed options for beating it nowadays, but it'll always remain as an extremely strong contender in the metagame for basically being an iron wall. I'd even go as far as to start proper testing to see if we could remove it from the banlist in a few months time honestly...
(Jul. 12, 2018  2:06 AM)~Mana~ Wrote:
(Jul. 12, 2018  1:20 AM)Hellibleri Wrote:

That sounds a little bit harsh, so let's be careful of how we're wording these things. It's a friendly discussion after all, haha.

mG does dominate, but not to the extent that it once did. There are indeed options for beating it nowadays, but it'll always remain as an extremely strong contender in the metagame for basically being an iron wall. I'd even go as far as to start proper testing to see if we could remove it from the banlist in a few months time honestly...
I love my mG alot. It's still competitive
I believe it’s time to unban it due to all the super z releases and they are enough to counter it, it’s still good but slowly being less over time as newer super z release bey now have metal on them and Garuda it’s pure plastic I gets round and top tier stamina but there’s other options now that are just as good. in dec it’s rumoured to see a super z ver ?
A mold Valkyrie god chip to keep mg alive
(Jul. 20, 2018  3:19 PM)7sukuyomi Wrote: A mold Valkyrie god chip to keep mg alive

winning Valkyrie?? 
BTW i found @[Snidmist]'s Video, he bursted mG million times (exg.)

https://youtu.be/QI8VwXgwHFo
(Jul. 20, 2018  3:29 PM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote:
(Jul. 20, 2018  3:19 PM)7sukuyomi Wrote: A mold Valkyrie god chip to keep mg alive

winning Valkyrie?? 

Sorry m8 my brother wrote that.

(Jul. 20, 2018  3:40 PM)7sukuyomi Wrote:
(Jul. 20, 2018  3:29 PM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote: winning Valkyrie?? 

Sorry m8 my brother wrote that.

My brother's account is infinite.zero

(Jul. 20, 2018  3:29 PM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote:

winning Valkyrie?? 

Btw it's A mold god chip from God Valkrie
I have Hasbro’s Garuda on a combo mG 8G Nothing, and I can’t burst it. Probably since I don’t have any counters to it, since I’m using sX 8G Xtreme against it.