MFB launcher fits into Plastic Grips: ILLEGAL but easy

(Mar. 13, 2009  12:04 AM)Anubis Wrote: What the hell? Why would this be illegal?

If grip modification and all that is legal, this should be too. It's always been legal even to create your own custom grips. Unless the WBBA changed that rule in this new series which would be a really huge disappointment to me.

Also I don't think it's intentional for these to fit into plastic grips. I tried it and it's a little forced and slightly off-center.

Still I don't get it. I mean what, is grip modification completely illegal now?

---

Alright I read the WBO rules, but it isn't specific enough to me. Does that mean like.. for example, I would not be able to fill a catapult grip's cavity with steel shot to increase its weight or replace the main grip with a bicycle handle grip or anything like that?

If you want to complain about rules, use the Rule Clarifications thread.

Takara changed the grip ruling in 2002. You couldn't modify your grip at all. As for the WBO, stated:

Any modification of the Launcher or Launcher Grip that affects its function. For example, exchanging the prongs that attach to the Beyblade between two different Launchers is illegal.

I realize this is vague, which will be clarified in Release 4. Essentially, any non-aesthetic changes are illegal.

There will also be a rule in the next release forbidding cross-system usage that aren't meant to be compatible.
Oh my bad. Haven't read the new release notes.

As for the grip rulings, I think it's pretty dumb BUT Rules are rules.
(Mar. 13, 2009  2:39 AM)EverlastingBlader Wrote: Oh my bad. Haven't read the new release notes.

As for the grip rulings, I think it's pretty dumb BUT Rules are rules.

Are you going to explain what makes it dumb?
I dunno. Maybe it's just me or the alcohol talking.

"Any modification of the Launcher or Launcher Grip that affects its function is illegal"

I honestly don't see how putting a MFB Shooter on a Catapult grip, or any grip for that matter mods their functions. The Shooter still works as a shooter and shoots they Bey. The Grip, depending on what it does holds a shooter in place and it's special function.

I guess I'd be out of luck if I was a Bey fan and my grip/shooter hand got cut off be a unfortunate turn of events. Guess I couldn't play in WBO Events.
There will be a rule in Release 4 barring the use of systems with each other if they were not designed to be compatible.

Also, EverlastingBlader, you're an absolute moron for saying this:

Quote:I guess I'd be out of luck if I was a Bey fan and my grip/shooter hand got cut off be a unfortunate turn of events. Guess I couldn't play in WBO Events.

We'd obviously be willing to make an exception for this. Jesus, shut up.
Wow. Why do ya have to be mean about it? Did I insult you? No I was just saying that by your ruling, I wouldn't be able to play.

Now that you say you will be making exceptions in such event, I think it shouldn't happen. I won't even try to explain it because your rules are your rules, and we just have to go by them.
EverlastingBlader, you are digging yourself into a hole. If it is illegal, so be it; Brad has a completely valid reason to do so. These are two different systems, that were not designed to work together. If you want to use it for fun no one will stop you ( I do).
Yeah. I'm not going to fight it anymore lol.

But I do have a suggestion. Since we do play this game, maybe the community could vote as a whole on some rulings?
Yes, seperate system's made years apart are not s'posed to be used together. I would think custom made grips are fine. They are using the grip of the same system as a base(usually) and don't affect performance. But cross over into different systems still isn't allowed if it has no advantages (why the plastic ripcords can't be used for MFB?).
EDIT: Voting isn't needed for something like this. It would have to be something pretty weird to have to vote on it.
(Oh, and I can't explain well worth carp, sorry =/)
(Mar. 13, 2009  4:02 AM)EverlastingBlader Wrote: Wow. Why do ya have to be mean about it? Did I insult you? No I was just saying that by your ruling, I wouldn't be able to play.

I'd say implying I wouldn't allow a disabled person to use a modified shooter so that they're able to play the game is pretty insulting.
(Mar. 13, 2009  4:12 AM)EverlastingBlader Wrote: But I do have a suggestion. Since we do play this game, maybe the community could vote as a whole on some rulings?

I wanted to comment on this so nobody thinks I ignored it.

The WBO committee works together to finalize the rules set. There is a topic in the WBO forum where people can mention what rules they'd like clarified. We take into account whatever feedback we receive.

However, we will not leave rules up to a popular vote. Simply put, the committee was chosen because they all have great experience in this game and have enough knowledge to properly make rules. We've made the best decisions we can make based on feedback and our own ideas. We will not undermine what we believe to be the integrity of the game just so people can feel more freedom to do whatever they want. If you're not happy with our rules, you don't have to use them, but you also can't gain BeyPoints. Frankly, I think we've done a great job writing an incredibly comprehensive rules set that serves to keep the game as balanced as it can be. If you have any suggestions, feel free to post them in any of the threads about the rules booklet and we will discuss them.
I hope I'm still aloud to post in this thread; Even if it is ilegal when I get a MFB I wanna' try this myself thanks for telling us the information Arjun Grin
Ok, I know the rule concerning the launcher grips now, so is it the same for the winder approach as well? I ask this because right now I can only afford the hasbro blades and we all know the winder issue on that one. I am probably going to get a Beylauncher as soon as I get a job anyway. I just wish to know that ruling to see if I should get my old plastic dragon winder out or not.
It's already legal. Maybe try Q&A or I don't know... scrounging?
(Jul. 21, 2010  3:58 PM)Mc Frown Wrote: It's already legal. Maybe try Q&A or I don't know... scrounging?

I would scrounge if freebies are available. However with no job and no one I know of willing to invest in a hobby store business in the middle of Western Kentucky I am gonna have to wait till someone will give me a job to be able to pay for more parts. I lucked into being able to afford my Dark Cancer CH120FS. Although if someone were willing to invest in me opening up a game and hobby store here that would mean another place for WBO sanctioned tourneys. Perhaps even monthly tourneys for the game. But I digress from the point here I guess.
...That has nothing to do with what I said, and if you could barely afford an eight dollar spinning top, I think something is wrong.
Yes, I'm not gonna delve too deep but like I said I have no job because I lost it recently and if you check my profile I'm 24 years old. I'm also married and have a cat. So getting a lot of spinning tops isn't the top of my worries but I'd still like to get them if possible. K?