MFB: Zero-G :: Competitive Customs List and Public Discussion

I think Dragooon Bearing Drive is fine. SA165 doesn't necessarily outclass it (SA165BWD doesn't at least), and even if it's slightly behind, it definitely isn't by much. It's an incredibly effective setup, and it's unbelievable tournament record is a testament to how potent it can be. My personal preference is SA165, but that's simply because I like the look/feel of it. I'd be in a tight spot if I had to answer which of the two was actually superior.

F230 pretty much outclasses everything on the list from a pure applicability standpoint, so holding anything up against that isn't really a good comparison.

I'd leave it on there personally.
Joining in, I'd keep Dragoon on the list, as well.

Just from personal tournament use, it is very efficient and still is.

I honestly don't see it used as much as it used to when it was "discovered", but it's still a great setup to have.
@Everyone who wants Dragooon on
I agree.
Does everyone loke my list then? Ill post it in the advanced forum tonight then.
Yep Mousy, I "Loke" your list, haha. No really, it seems good, though, I don't really understand Standard, haha.

EDIT: Oh, yeah, well I'm not good with ZG, haha.

Also, sorry Mousy, haha.
(Feb. 14, 2014  3:25 PM)The Alchemist Wrote: Yep Mousy, I "Loke" your list, haha. No really, it seems good, though, I don't really understand Standard, haha.

This is Zero-G, though?

Tongue_out
(Feb. 14, 2014  3:25 PM)The Alchemist Wrote: Yep Mousy, I "Loke" your list, haha. No really, it seems good, though, I don't really understand Standard, haha.

Autocorrect on my Nook, cut me a break hah.

But seriously its time for an update.
Definitely all for keeping Dragooon BGrin, at least in MD, it is still a very powerful weapon. I use some unique bottom wheels with it, as does Arupaeo, but both us still use it frequently and to great success.
(Feb. 14, 2014  3:42 PM)Time Wrote: Definitely all for keeping Dragooon BGrin, at least in MD, it is still a very powerful weapon. I use some unique bottom wheels with it, as does Arupaeo, but both us still use it frequently and to great success.

What bottom wheels do you use?
(Feb. 14, 2014  3:47 PM)Dark_Mousy Wrote:
(Feb. 14, 2014  3:42 PM)Time Wrote: Definitely all for keeping Dragooon BGrin, at least in MD, it is still a very powerful weapon. I use some unique bottom wheels with it, as does Arupaeo, but both us still use it frequently and to great success.

He recently won with balro on bottom
Haha, Balro B : D. That's legit. Tongue_out

Yah, I like the list! Hope it works out.
(Feb. 15, 2014  11:39 PM)TheBlackDragon Wrote: Haha, Balro B : D. That's legit. Tongue_out

It is pretty good, but Dragooon BGrin still beats it. As I has spins-steal property.
(Feb. 20, 2014  1:44 AM)RagerBlade Wrote:
(Feb. 15, 2014  11:39 PM)TheBlackDragon Wrote: Haha, Balro B : D. That's legit. Tongue_out

It is pretty good, but Dragooon BGrin still beats it. As I has spins-steal property.

You missed the above posts- they were talking about the use of Balro on Dragoon BGrin.
(Feb. 14, 2014  3:47 PM)Dark_Mousy Wrote:

Absolutely love it with balro. (Especially with the fantastic new b:d I just pulled, it has an incredible free spin) Something I have been meaning to look into, but haven't really tested is with ifraid as well. And I can almost guarantee from it's shape once my girago from the anniversary rewards eventually gets to me it will either replace balro or go toe to toe with it for being my favorite.

Informal testing i got some good results though pegasis on top did really well actually can someone test it(gryph pegasus t125 r2f) becuase i dont have a real zero g stadium
I believe this would go in the Testing Requests topic, as this is for discussion of the Tier List.

Either way, T125 would scrape way too much in a Zero-G stadium, especially with a Rubber Attack Type Bottom. Pegasus is outclassed in general and Gryph does not have much use in Attack, although it is decent for Sway.
(Mar. 05, 2014  2:26 AM)Leone19 Wrote: Either way, T125 would scrape way too much in a Zero-G stadium, especially with a Rubber Attack Type Bottom. Pegasus is outclassed in general and Gryph does not have much use in Attack, although it is decent for Sway.

Eeeh, 125 on a rubber Bottom is definitely high enough to avoid some scraping, albeit not the most practical, especially if it's on a Wheel with an especially low overhang or facing a good Zero-G Attacker.
I know I've been out of the testing/tier list for a while but... has there been ANY testing with XF for Smash Attack?
(Mar. 05, 2014  3:19 AM)ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Wrote:
(Mar. 05, 2014  2:26 AM)Leone19 Wrote: Either way, T125 would scrape way too much in a Zero-G stadium, especially with a Rubber Attack Type Bottom. Pegasus is outclassed in general and Gryph does not have much use in Attack, although it is decent for Sway.

Eeeh, 125 on a rubber Bottom is definitely high enough to avoid some scraping, albeit not the most practical, especially if it's on a Wheel with an especially low overhang or facing a good Zero-G Attacker.

Yah, if you're using something like R2F, which adds like an extra 3 millimeters or something compared to your run-of-the-mill Stamina Bottom, scraping isn't gonna hurt you as much (again, like Angry said, you most likely won't be able to avoid it completely, but it's not likely that you'll scrape to death every round).

The whole Smash Attack section is kinda pointless, TBH. It's so ridiculously defective, IDK if the category itself should even be tiered.
I agree. Pretty much every combo on there is horrible. I have no clue why we even put the section on there in the first place.
I first proposed a Smash Attack, or at least what I thought was a more traditional form of Attack, section because way back when I did little Zero-G testing, most of the best, sway-resistant Bottoms I tried could actually be KO'd rather easily by top-tier Attack Wheels on 145+ RF setups. However, I don't think anybody ever really looked into it much, and it never really caught on in the tournament scene, so the category kinda died with the Defense sub-category I proposed alongside it as a counter...

I can't comment on too much of what's being proposed, but there's definitely not enough testing or tournament use to warrant the inclusion of Smash Attackers on a list at this time.
Ny best Zero-G combo for stadium is Ifrit Leviathan ED145 CF
In Zero-G, Ninja Salamander/Shinobi Saramanda doesn't have many practical uses, other than SD being used in Heigh Track Stamina combos, which tend to not be so good in Zero-G, but can still be competitive.

In Limited, Ninja/Shinobi has good uses in Attack customizations, along with SD being used well in Heigh Track Stamina combos.

In Standard, again, SD can be used in Heigh Track Stamina combos.

I'm not sure your question would really belong here though. You shouldve asked in Ask A Question, Get an Answer! or something similair.
Just to ask are we done with the Zero G Top Tier list, because I think it should be finished. As no new Zero G parts are being released we should make the final Top Tier Zero G and finish.